Soares: Silva could make weight and beat anyone WW to HW!

cruz2990

I think Silva couldn't hang with the large heavyweights just because of size. I think Brock' date=' if he could take a punch, would put him on his back and smash him out with ease..[/quote']

yeah, the HW's would probably kill him, unless he flash KO'd them first lol.

He'd totally smash GSP though.

yeah' date=' the HW's would probably kill him, unless he flash KO'd them first lol.

He'd totally smash GSP though.[/quote']

I dunno, I think he could take Brock if he survived his onslaught or got to him before getting taken down.

Frank Mir he would school, for sure.

He'd be way too fast for Carwin and has a good chance of picking him apart.

JDS stands with everybody, but against a better striker in Silva I think he'd be taken out.

Cain is probably the biggest threat with his wrestling, power, and relentlessness.

I dunno' date=' I think he could take Brock if he survived his onslaught or got to him before getting taken down.

JDS stands with everybody, but against a better striker in Silva I think he'd be taken out.

Cain is probably the biggest threat with his wrestling, power, and relentlessness.[/quote']

Kid. please.

Anderson wouldn't even be top 5 in Heavyweight. Mir would out muscle him. So wouldn't Brock. I mean look what Chael did to him. Mir is 10x stronger than him. Carwin would outwrestle him. JDS would K him TFO imo. Cain. well your right about him.

Why are we even talking about Silva in HW? He wouldn't make it. He could make it in LHW but he would be nowhere near a title shot. Not even close. MW is the weakest division. Thats why hes OVERRATED. imo

I dunno' date=' I think he [b']could take Brock if he survived his onslaught[/b] or got to him before getting taken down.

Cain is probably the biggest threat with his wrestling, power, and relentlessness.

I could see this...

But Cain's wrestling....

And mayyybe JDS, i guess it would be a pure striker match, and we all know whos the best at that..

I dunno' date=' I think he could take Brock if he survived his onslaught or got to him before getting taken down.

Cain is probably the biggest threat with his wrestling, power, and relentlessness.[/quote']

Don't be silly, they'd all take him out...... They'd all out strike him with there power which his body couldn't handle.

The JDS shout is ridiculous & If Sonnen can dominate him for 5 rounds then imagine brock or Carwin.

Soares is a ****ing MORON.

HE is high on his boy Silva. Just cant wait until GSP or Sonnen gets to face him. Sonnen will whoop him AGAIN. but will win. GSP will beat him with ease. UD for St Pierres.

Silva = The most overrated fighter on the planet.

Dude take Sonnens balz out of your mouth, Silva will KO Sonnen next time around guaranteed!

I think Jones and JDS would offer him trouble... Not saying Silva would lose' date=' because he wouldn't. ;)[/quote']

if JDS went for the TD probably. in pure standup, Silva would have a good chance to KO him.

Its pretty common knowledge that Anderson has the skill to beat anyone though

Kid. please.

Anderson wouldn't even be top 5 in Heavyweight. Mir would out muscle him. So wouldn't Brock. I mean look what Chael did to him. Mir is 10x stronger than him. Carwin would outwrestle him. JDS would K him TFO imo. Cain. well your right about him.

Why are we even talking about Silva in HW? He wouldn't make it. He could make it in LHW but he would be nowhere near a title shot. Not even close. MW is the weakest division. Thats why hes OVERRATED. imo

Mir, who trains competitively with Forrest, would just outmuscle Anderson? Really? That's all it takes? Mir, the guy who couldn't do anything but outpoint a much smaller fat man with his "wrestling" would outmuscle someone with the lightning speed and dexterity of The Spider? Mir, the now over-bulked brute who gasses in the first round and moves like molasses? Could he even dream of catching Anderson with anything but his bloodied face?

The only reason Brock stands a chance is because of his explosive takedowns, something neither Shane nor Frank (lol) possess. Anderson would have to survive the rest of the round if he got taken down, but he could eventually catch Brock in the standup eventually or right away at the start.

And please don't assume that just because Chael took an injured Anderson down that virtually anybody whose bigger and stronger could do the same. It just shows how much of a novice you are in fight analysis. Sonnen is an incredibly lean, well-conditioned, and fast athlete. He's literally THAT much quicker than everyone at HW with only Cain and Brock coming close with their wrestling explosions.

JDS boxes with everyone and as good as he is, he hasn't shown me anything that indicates that he could KTFO the much quicker, more accurate, and infinitely more unpredictable Anderson. You stand with Silva, you get put to sleep.

Silva is the GOAT and he do can hang with lhw.. that said, I don't think he can be the hw champ, although I do think he can win some fights for sure..

Silva is not geting any younger, and he would probably need some time to ajust to the hw division...

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it 100 more times in my life - Ed Soares is a delusional fool. I firmly believe the sport of MMA would become better overnight is Soares left, maybe we could get a decent translator for the plethora of Black House fighters, and we wouldn't be forced to stomach ludicrous hyperbole every time Silva fights.

Has the forum gone completely insane. Anderson could not hang with the dinosaurs in the heavyweight divison.He's a great fighter but he's 36 and doesn't have the strength to even be competetive in the HW division. Some of you guys are being a little unrealistic.

I find it absurd people believe Silva could just snap his fingers, put on the weight to be a HW, and just waltz through people. Silva hits hard for a MW, sure. He's KO'd a couple LHWs, yes. But Heavyweights, guys who typically weigh in between 60-80 lbs heavier than Silva, who pack that much more muscle and power, are going to be KO'd so easily?

Nevermind his 77.5" reach...which is usually longer for all the MWs he fights

Lesnar has 81", Cain and JDS both have the same reach as Silva, Mir's is 79", Carwin has 80".

He'd be physically outclassed in a major way against guys that hit way harder than anyone he's ever fought, and a lot of them have a lot of ground skills that Silva would be unable to dance away from.

I'll give Silva credit, he's definately one of the best MWs ever, and if he tried he could be one of the top LHWs. HW is absurd. Cutting weight to WW would be risky for him. Sure he'd have a large reach advantage, but there's enough wrestlers/BJJ guys that would get him to the ground he'd be in trouble and weak from cutting that low.

I find it absurd people believe Silva could just snap his fingers' date=' put on the weight to be a HW, and just waltz through people. Silva hits hard for a MW, sure. He's KO'd a couple LHWs, yes. But Heavyweights, guys who typically weigh in between 60-80 lbs heavier than Silva, who pack that much more muscle and power, are going to be KO'd so easily?

Lesnar has 81", Cain and JDS both have the same reach as Silva, Mir's is 79", Carwin has 80".

He'd be physically outclassed in a major way against guys that hit way harder than anyone he's ever fought, and a lot of them have a lot of ground skills that Silva would be unable to dance away from.

I'll give Silva credit, he's definately one of the best MWs ever, and if he tried he could be one of the top LHWs. HW is absurd. Cutting weight to WW would be risky for him. Sure he'd have a large reach advantage, but there's enough wrestlers/BJJ guys that would get him to the ground he'd be in trouble and weak from cutting that low.[/quote']

this^^^

And Silva is fighting in the weakest division. And is overrated. And will lose to Chael. /thread

Sonnen' date=' WW divison, LHW division (exculding forrest), HW division[/size'] >>>> Anderson OVERRATED Silva

Sonnen has what 25-11 record and has never finished a single fight in the UFC. His biggest claim to fame is almost beating the guy you hate while on steroids (Oh I mean TRT), while the champ was possibly injured. He's 34 and your claiming hes going to be the next big thing in MMA. Please!!!!!!!!

I find it absurd people believe Silva could just snap his fingers' date=' put on the weight to be a HW, and just waltz through people. Silva hits hard for a MW, sure. He's KO'd a couple LHWs, yes. But Heavyweights, guys who typically weigh in between 60-80 lbs heavier than Silva, who pack that much more muscle and power, are going to be KO'd so easily?

I'll give Silva credit, he's definately one of the best MWs ever, and if he tried he could be one of the top LHWs. HW is absurd. Cutting weight to WW would be risky for him. Sure he'd have a large reach advantage, but there's enough wrestlers/BJJ guys that would get him to the ground he'd be in trouble and weak from cutting that low.[/quote']

+1. Great post man.

Since GSP is so SCARED to step up to MW, Silva should just drop to WW and whoop GSP's boring, cheating, non-finishing *** just to rub it in GSP's face. Then after he's holding the WW belt he should drop and take a dump on it in front of GSP in the cage all while chanting "I WANT TO BE THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF MMA" over and over

Since GSP is so SCARED to step up to MW' date=' Silva should just drop to WW and whoop GSP's boring, cheating, non-finishing *** just to rub it in GSP's face. Then after he's holding the WW belt he should drop and take a dump on it in front of GSP in the cage all while chanting "I WANT TO BE THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF MMA" over and over[/quote']

LOL. Wow! Did you just say that?

Since GSP is so SCARED to step up to MW' date=' Silva should just drop to WW and whoop GSP's boring, cheating, non-finishing *** just to rub it in GSP's face. Then after he's holding the WW belt he should drop and take a dump on it in front of GSP in the cage all while chanting "I WANT TO BE THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF MMA" over and over[/quote']

typical Diaz fan. A fan of anyone who faces GSP will start cracking at him. Well. Simply because they know GSP wins EVERY SINGLE TIME.

typical Diaz fan. A fan of anyone who faces GSP will start cracking at him. Well. Simply because they know GSP wins EVERY SINGLE TIME.

LOL! You obviously are just stereo typing and don't know what you're talking about. I picked GSP over Shields, Kos, Hardy, and Alves. So the idea of me "being a fan of anyone who faces GSP" just went right out the window. I am a die-hard Diaz fan and a GSP hater, I jump on NO bandwagons. IM NOT EVEN A FAN OF SILVA. I just don't see anyway GSP can beat him.

I give you a C for effort, weaksauce

WarWest' date=' your hatred of GSP seems pathological. I suggest seeking professional help to sort out your issues. Which I'm guessing start at some humiliation as a child at the hands of someone on the wrestling team.[/quote']

You might be right. Or I like getting a rise out of GSP fans because they defend him like he is their son. Either way, you can decide

Yea shure why dont we get rid of that silly weightclass thing... beeing outweight by 80 lbs doesent matter when your Anderson Silva!

I really don't think that Silva could comfortably get down to 170 and most heavyweights would be too big for him. I wish he could get down to 170 though so we could see him against Alves, GSP, Condit, or Koscheck.

Could you imagine Silva standing toe to toe with Kongo or JDS? It would be interesting to see how he handled being the smaller fighter.

I think he could against most fighters. He'd still have a tough time with solid wrestlers. I think at 170lbs he might have a tough time with the durability of a lot of the guys though. I believe Silva has fought at 170 before so making weight might be tough but he could probably do it.

I think he could wreck most of the 205 lb division though.

Soares is a ****ing MORON.

HE is high on his boy Silva. Just cant wait until GSP or Sonnen gets to face him. Sonnen will whoop him AGAIN. but will win. GSP will beat him with ease. UD for St Pierres.

Silva = The most overrated fighter on the planet.

No GSP vs Anderson Silva in near future. Word out of TriStar is that GSP has told Dana White and the UFC that he will only fight Anderson Silva near the end of his career. He is concerned his legacy will be tarnished just like BJ Penn’s after Penn has moved up and lost.

http://topmmanews.com/2011/06/21/canadian-mma-rumour-mill-june-21/

and you call me a delusional hater?? lol

YT bet silva-okami singing and dance bet

FYI: being a GSPed UFG clone aint workin

Archived