If Rory MacDonald beats Mike Pyle..

Bubba_Pilks

IMO i believe he should fight the loser of GSP/Diaz then he would have a title shot

He won't fight GSP as they are training partners and friends and I'm not sure he's ready for that kind of step up anyway at this point. He's only 21.

I agree with the poster above that he should face Story or the winner of Hughes/Sanchez

He won't fight GSP as they are training partners and friends and I'm not sure he's ready for that kind of step up anyway at this point. He's only 21.

I agree with the poster above that he should face Story or the winner of Hughes/Sanchez

Good point but i'm pretty sure GSP will beat Diaz so that would put him facing Diaz.. and IMO his first title shot will be at 185 instead of 170 unless GSP moves to 185

Actually condit is the best fighter he's faced and he was beating condits as* until the last 15 seconds of the fight

OK nate is the best guy he has beaten.

how about that?

and there are so many higher ranked fighters that deserve to fight the loser of gsp vs diaz.

its like putting barboza vs the loser of frankie vs maynard.

how about that?

and there are so many higher ranked fighters that deserve to fight the loser of gsp vs diaz.

This...No way would he deserve the loser of Diaz/GSP..Maybe the winner of Johnson/Brenneman.

how about that?

For the first time i agree with you.

how about that?

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Agree

4. Edwin Barboza is a beast. I believe he could be a champ one day. But understand your point.

Rory is 21 years old and has been in the UFC since January 11, 2010. He's just starting out, and I agree with everyone that he and Condit are the 2 fastest-rising, most exciting guys in the WW division.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Too many on these boards want to hurry the exciting guys along and give them premature title shots. But not me.

I have a simple formula that makes common sense. Let a guy beat 2 gate-keepers and then 2 top contenders before you give him a title shot. That actually works in favor of the new guy. It gives them time to further hone their skills at this new rarified talent level and the experience to put it all together.

Rush them too soon and you risk them losing for lack of experience against the salty, savvy vets who know how to work all the tricks on even a fast learner.

If Rory beats Mike Pyle in fine fashion, then let him take on 2 more top contenders. I'd suggest Hughes, Sanchez, Nick Diaz, Alves.

Fitch needs to deal with Penn and Shields.

Penn needs to deal with Fitch and Shields.

Shields needs to deal with Fitch and Penn.

So those 3 should be tied up taking care of unfinished business. I admit that after Diaz, GSP will be out of contenders, but should be given a rematch with Fitch.

But before I would hurry MacDonald to a premature shot with GSP, I'd first give him 2 more contenders from among Hughes, Sanchez, Nick Diaz and Alves.

That's how I see it.

Rory is 21 years old and has been in the UFC since January 11' date=' 2010. He's just starting out, and I agree with everyone that he and Condit are the 2 fastest-rising, most exciting guys in the WW division.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Too many on these boards want to hurry the exciting guys along and give them premature title shots. But not me.

I have a simple formula that makes common sense. Let a guy beat 2 gate-keepers and then 2 top contenders before you give him a title shot. That actually works in favor of the new guy. It gives them time to further hone their skills at this new rarified talent level and the experience to put it all together.

Rush them too soon and you risk them losing for lack of experience against the salty, savvy vets who know how to work all the tricks on even a fast learner.

If Rory beats Mike Pyle in fine fashion, then let him take on 2 more top contenders. I'd suggest Hughes, Sanchez, Nick Diaz, Alves.

Fitch needs to deal with Penn and Shields.

Penn needs to deal with Fitch and Shields.

Shields needs to deal with Fitch and Penn.

So those 3 should be tied up taking care of unfinished business. I admit that after Diaz, GSP will be out of contenders, but should be given a rematch with Fitch.

But before I would hurry MacDonald to a premature shot with GSP, I'd first give him 2 more contenders from among Hughes, Sanchez, Nick Diaz and Alves.

That's how I see it.[/quote']

I agree with everything you said, but he won't fight GSP, the story is on the front page of ufc.com . He'll have enough time to develop his skills.

I agree with everything you said' date=' but he won't fight GSP, the story is on the front page of ufc.com . He'll have enough time to develop his skills.[/quote']

He won't fight GSP?? What's up with that?

I just don't go with the 'No fight friends' thing. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I predict that by the time his time comes, he'll think REAL hard about it. Everyone wants to be the top dog. He'll reconsider his options. I hope.

I agree with everything you said' date=' but he won't fight GSP, the story is on the front page of ufc.com . He'll have enough time to develop his skills.[/quote']

I thought he said that he just wouldn't call GSP out but i believe he would accept the fight.... but by the time time he gets a title shot GSP will be moved up to 185 probally

Archived