I'd like input on Sonnen vs. Stann

Donnybrook_89

Now, with Sonnen versus Stann being made official, do any of you actually want to see this fight? For me, personally, I cannot see this fight going any differently than the Stann versus Davis fight (which of course took place at 205). I see Sonnen doing to Stann what Davis did to him. Does anyone else agree that this fight is only going in one direction and that the ever-so-legendary trash talk of Sonnen will be the only entertainment that we'll pull away from now until the fight is over?

Stann KOd my dude Leben so i have to give it to Stann, remember Chael had problems with Elbows from Silva, Silva hurt chael bad with two elbows. If Stanns sprawl is decent and can do some damage inside either from Chael grabbing him and releasing with Stann attacking from the the break he should be able to hurt Chael. If Stanns TDD is suspect then he will be in for a long night. He has the tools to beat him, just gotta go out there and do it.

Stann KOd my dude Leben so i have to give it to Stann' date=' remember Chale had problems with Elbows from Silva, Silva hurt chail bad with two elbows. If Stanns sprawl is decent and can do some damage inside either from Chale grabbing him and releasing with Stann attacking from the the break he should be able to hurt Chale. If Stanns TDD is suspect then he will be in for a long night. He has the tools to beat him, just gotta go out there and do it.[/quote']

I've got to agree with you there on Stann's stand up ability and his chances are high on the feet and off the break. However, I remember Davis being able to take Stann down rather easily, but let's not forget he was fighting a much heavier guy in Phil Davis. Chael is no slouch on the feet, though. I believe the fight will remain competitive until Chael is able to secure a takedown, which I think will be inevitable, unfortunately.

I've got to agree with you there on Stann's stand up ability and his chances are high on the feet and off the break. However' date=' I remember Davis being able to take Stann down rather easily, but let's not forget he was fighting a much heavier guy in Phil Davis. Chael is no slouch on the feet, though. I believe the fight will remain competitive until Chael is able to secure a takedown, which I think will be inevitable, unfortunately.[/quote']

We have the exact same opinion then bro, if he can sprawl even a couple of time Chael is in deep deep water. If not then i wanna see Stann vs Leben 2

We have the exact same opinion then bro' date=' if he can sprawl even a couple of time Chael is in deep deep water. If not then i wanna see Stann vs Leben 2[/quote']

Absolutely. I think that, in that case that Stann loses, a fight between Leben and him would be much different the second time around and I would love to see it.

Absolutely. I think that' date=' in that case that Stann loses, a fight between Leben and him would be much different the second time around and I would love to see it.[/quote']

Again its like your reading my thoughts then i bet you read that "OMG that lemon cake i just ate was amazing"!

On the real though Leben wont make the same mistake a second time, i feel like Leben was tentative in their fight, Leben is a monster hes just gotta be ready mentally if the fight is gonna happen or were too.

Again its like your reading my thoughts then i bet you read that "OMG that lemon cake i just ate was amazing"!

On the real though Leben wont make the same mistake a second time' date=' i feel like Leben was tentative in their fight, Leben is a monster hes just gotta be ready mentally if the fight is gonna happen or were too.[/quote']

Haha, some say I am psychic.

I thought Leben looked awkward in his fight with Stann. I think it was Stann's power that threw Leben off of his game. Stann is one strong dude and can obviously knock anyone out with a solid punch on the button. Leben will definitely look to be more efficient in their next fight, granted they have one.

I'm still hoping Stann pulls something out in his fight with Sonnen, but I really do not see that happening. Hopefully that means a Stann vs Leben rematch!

Haha' date=' some say I am psychic.

I thought Leben looked awkward in his fight with Stann. I think it was Stann's power that threw Leben off of his game. Stann is one strong dude and can obviously knock anyone out with a solid punch on the button. Leben will definitely look to be more efficient in their next fight, granted they have one.

I'm still hoping Stann pulls something out in his fight with Sonnen, but I really do not see that happening. Hopefully that means a Stann vs Leben rematch![/quote']

Everything you just said i nod too :D

If Stann pulls it off i wont be so upset with Leben because with another win he is in title contention, if Stann doesnt then i want REVENGE. Im pulling for Stann but only because of Leben.

Everything you just said i nod too :D

If Stann pulls it off i wont be so upset with Leben because with another win he is in title contention' date=' if Stann doesnt then i want REVENGE. Im pulling for Stann but only because of Leben.[/quote']

Haha, because of this conversation I have actually managed to pull something positive out of this Sonnen vs. Stann matchup! Thank you for that! Anyhow, off to work. Let's hope for the best!

I think Stann WILL be able to keep the fight standing.

Sonnen wrestled Silva for 5 rounds, Silva has poor TDD. Stann got wrestled by Phil Davis, who looks like an action figure, Sonnen will be a breeze for Stann to stuff.

Stann will Sprawl and Brawl and KO the roids out of Sonnen

Haha' date=' because of this conversation I have actually managed to pull something positive out of this Sonnen vs. Stann matchup! Thank you for that! Anyhow, off to work. Let's hope for the best![/quote']

Aye the very same, found a diamond in the rough here. Not all match-ups offer this possibility though :D

Sonnen wrestled Silva for 5 rounds' date=' Silva has poor TDD. Stann got wrestled by Phil Davis, who looks like an action figure, Sonnen will be a breeze for Stann to stuff.

Stann will Sprawl and Brawl and KO the roids out of Sonnen[/quote']

You are trippin'.

1 Silva has excellent take down defense

2 Sonnen is a more accomplished wrestler than Davis

3 Sonnen never did steriods

4 Sonnen has NEVER been knocked out

5 Sonnen probably walks around at the same weight as Davis. He is originally a 205er

Your MMA math makes no sense, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Stann is a can' date=' fights bums, padded record. ;)

Chael will destroy him[/quote']

....He beat Leben bro

Leben is the furthest from a can man

tho i expect you to lash out at me, this is in no means calling you out, but Leben is no can and he beat Leben. Anything else?

....He beat Leben bro

Leben is the furthest from a can man

tho i expect you to lash out at me' date=' this is in no means calling you out, but Leben is no can and he beat Leben. Anything else?[/quote']

did you see the ' ;) ' in my comment , it means i was not being serious..the only can i think stann faced is santiago(was just hype).

i do think chael gets the UD though, i see stann stuffing some but no way all of chaels shots.

did you see the ' ;) ' in my comment ' date=' it means i was not being serious..the only can i think stann faced is santiago(was just hype).

i do think chael gets the UD though, i see stann stuffing some but no way all of chaels shots.[/quote']

i gotcha bro, didnt see the ;) face

yea Santiago is trash period

Sonnen wrestled Silva for 5 rounds' date=' Silva has poor TDD. Stann got wrestled by Phil Davis, who looks like an action figure, Sonnen will be a breeze for Stann to stuff.

Stann will Sprawl and Brawl and KO the roids out of Sonnen[/quote']

Sonnen would out wrestle Davis into oblivion.

Archived