Who is relevant at LHW??

georgelebrun

Who is actually relevent at light heavyweight now? Jones is looking pretty good' date=' we all know Rampage has the next shot, but who is actually a Relevant threat? and, who are the relevant rising stars? Gustafsson looks good, but can he break into the upper echeleon?[/quote']

LHW division is far shallower than the LW and WW divisions , it's hype exceeds itself.

I think Rashad , Machida , Jon Jones , Rampage are the most relevant. Yes I didn;t include Shogun he needs to move down to 185lbs.

Rising stars are Gustafsson and Phil Davis primarily in my opinion.

I think Thiago Silva could be a bit relevant if and when he returns , same with Forrest Griffin if he gets back on stride , he;s been fighting so little the last year or two.

Stanislav Nedkov and Karlos Vemola are 2 guys you need to watchout for , I think they could really make the division quake if they fall into place like they could.

Mousasi and Roger Gracie , along with Dan Henderson all are stellar but I see them being beat by the top 4 guys nonetheless.

LHW division is far shallower than the LW and WW divisions ' date=' it's hype exceeds itself.

I think Rashad , Machida , Jon Jones , Rampage are the most relevant. Yes I didn;t include Shogun he needs to move down to 185lbs.

I think Thiago Silva could be a bit relevant if and when he returns , same with Forrest Griffin if he gets back on stride , he;s been fighting so little the last year or two.

Stanislav Nedkov and Karlos Vemola are 2 guys you need to watchout for , I think they could really make the division quake if they fall into place like they could.

Mousasi and Roger Gracie , along with Dan Henderson all are stellar but I see them being beat by the top 4 guys nonetheless.[/quote']

Vemola is a beast now he is at LHW, I expect big things! Yeah, I agree about Forrest, you never know whats going to happen in a Forrest fight, if he sticks to a gameplan he can be very good

Good Post : )

LHW division is far shallower than the LW and WW divisions ' date=' it's hype exceeds itself.

Mousasi and Roger Gracie , along with Dan Henderson all are stellar but I see them being beat by the top 4 guys nonetheless.[/quote']

I have nothing to add bro, PERFECT POST.

But i think Mousasi is more dangerous than he is given credit for.

other than that man, best post of the day, maybe even week.

I have nothing to add bro' date=' PERFECT POST.

But i think Mousasi is more dangerous than he is given credit for.

other than that man, best post of the day, maybe even week.[/quote']

Yeah, though the Jardine draw (imo) was quite embarrasing for Mousasi, and set him back a little bit.. Though to hand it to Jardine, he went in with a Perfect gameplan (which makes a change)

Yeah' date=' though the Jardine draw (imo) was quite embarrasing for Mousasi, and set him back a little bit.. Though to hand it to Jardine, he went in with a Perfect gameplan (which makes a change)[/quote']

True man, but Jardine had his back against the wall and is a big time vet of the sport. Hes smarter than he lets people on 2 believe. I think it was just a show of heart and game on the part of Jardine. But i dont think it takes away anything from Mousasi

The last 5 champions in the division are the most relevant. I even give Griffin an outside chance just because his career has been so goofy to date.

I think Franklin beats Mousasi at LHW, but Mousasi beats Silva at MW. I know it's a wierd opinion but some of these LHW need to move down.

The last 5 champions in the division are the most relevant. I even give Griffin an outside chance just because his career has been so goofy to date.

I think Franklin beats Mousasi at LHW' date=' but Mousasi beats Silva at MW. I know it's a wierd opinion but some of these LHW need to move down.[/quote']

this = very probable

very perceptive man

Franklin is my #3 all time fav and he does have a good chance against Mousasi, he has a very underated ground game, stays active on ground and hes an excellent striker. Makes for a fantastic matchup

wow a loss to jones and shogun isnt relevent anymore...belive what u will haters...

Sensitive much?

IF Machida or Page ended up with the title he could easily take it back. If Griffin, or Jones got the belt, he'd most likely lose. Styles and size are going to plague him until he retires now.

He's not the best in the division.

Whoa a whole lot of hardcore jones nuthuggin goin on here lol. Dont get me jones has been dominating guys, dismantled rua and looks unstoppable on paper. But its a fight anything can happen, the LHW division is awesome and has provided some of the best fights, ko's, and fighters. Its a little too soon for people to think Jones is a messiah in a division notorius for a champion not being able to defend his belt. He hasnt even defended it once yet. The top five guys all have a chance to beat jones imo, anything can happen also jones has never been in a bad situation and we dont know how well he would adapt, for all we know in the fight he might have a glass chin, can't fight off of his back, doesn't react well when he gets outwrestled or hit with leg kicks, a possible flash KO or sub. Crazier things have happened, smith v. sell, kongo v. barry.

Sensitive much?

IF Machida or Page ended up with the title he could easily take it back. If Griffin' date=' or Jones got the belt, he'd most likely lose. Styles and size are going to plague him until he retires now.

He's not the best in the division.[/quote']

not really just amazed at some ppl...

and i will say 1 thing, on any given day anyone in the LHW division can be anyone...so dnt count shogun out just yet....

Jon Jones... the rest isn't even close

Everyone is dangerous but honestly I don't think anyone poses any real threat to Jon Jones right now.

I'm not a big fan of Jones, but gotta agree here -

I would like to see him vs Thiago, Cane, Mousasi, Larkin ...

not really just amazed at some ppl...

and i will say 1 thing' date=' on any given day anyone in the LHW division can be anyone...so dnt count shogun out just yet....[/quote']

That any give day talk you can keep to yourself , it's just a excuse people like to use.

I think Shogun is great , but I see him losing to a lot of wrestlers in the division , the thing is Machida has solid takedowns but bad top control. I see guys being able to wear him out with their immense size and strength advantage on the ground.

At 185lbs , he'll be lean and odds are in better shape because of cutting fat and being at a better body weight , I think he'd get some dynamic wins and it'd reinvigorate his career. I always want to see Vitor vs Shogun very badly , think about that as a co main event, I think he could defend well enough to find the knockout eventually against guys like Munoz , Okami and with his power and skill he'd be too much for just about everyone on the feet besides Anderson , Vitor and maybe Stann we'll see.

Honestly Shogun fan or not , the chances of him even getting a title shot have to be pretty damn bleak , I don't see him getting passed Griffin honestly.

That any give day talk you can keep to yourself ' date=' it's just a excuse people like to use.

I think Shogun is great , but I see him losing to a lot of wrestlers in the division , the thing is Machida has solid takedowns but bad top control. I see guys being able to wear him out with their immense size and strength advantage on the ground.

At 185lbs , he'll be lean and odds are in better shape because of cutting fat and being at a better body weight , I think he'd get some dynamic wins and it'd reinvigorate his career. I always want to see Vitor vs Shogun very badly , think about that as a co main event, I think he could defend well enough to find the knockout eventually against guys like Munoz , Okami and with his power and skill he'd be too much for just about everyone on the feet besides Anderson , Vitor and maybe Stann we'll see.

Honestly Shogun fan or not , the chances of him even getting a title shot have to be pretty damn bleak , I don't see him getting passed Griffin honestly.[/quote']

-how is the any given day thing an excuse? lol, if u belive theres no way shogun can beat jones then your delusional...anything can happen dude...

eh and il respect ur OPINION, i disagree with it but its ur own...IMO i think shogun still can be the 205 champ and i belive will be, jones aint the messiah ppl rampage is gonna show dat =)

Who is actually relevent at light heavyweight now? Jones is looking pretty good' date=' we all know Rampage has the next shot, but who is actually a Relevant threat? and, who are the relevant rising stars? Gustafsson looks good, but can he break into the upper echeleon?[/quote']

Rampage, Shogun, Machida, and Evans are in the title hunt.

There are MANY relevant fighter in the LHW division! It is the most stacked division in UFC, followed closely by LW.

How do people keep calling JBJ this untouchable champ when he has only defeated two top ten guys in Bader and Hamill? Like Dana says, he needs to beat 2 or 3 top five LHW's in order to be considered a great and i completely agree.

If he beats Rampage, then Evans (assuming he beats Ortiz) and then another top 5 contender (Griffin/Machida comes to mind or a 2nd win over Shogun), then i will bow to him and call him a 'great'.

I really dont see him winning his next 3 fights in this division against this competition though i will say... Hats off to him if he does, but the Shogun fight for me showed flaws in JBJ's game

Jon Jones

Rampage

Shogun

Forrest

Rashad

Tito Ortiz

Matt Hamill

Phil Davis

Lyoto Machida

Rich Franklin

Little Nog

no particular order and just the UFC roster....everyone is relevant at LHW anyone can win on any given day like brock lesnar says 'its a game of inches' each of these guys have a strong element in their game that could genuinely beat anyone else in the list if they fight their fights.

Archived