BJ Penn leaving Hilo to train in California for UFC 137 bout against Condit

wingzero8717

I was hoping he would go back to Cali for this one. He seems to be in better shape and more motivated when he does his training camp there

Yea i think its because he trains with really good fighters at RVCA he trains with Belfort and Ortiz and he also trains some at Blackhouse while hes in Cali and there all savages there.

If a well trained and motivated BJ Penn enters the octagon against Condit we could see an extremely competitive fight and a possible fight of the year candidate! I like both guys and wont pick a winner but this will be an amazing fight!

Agreed. This is one of the fights that are bitter/sweet - two of my favorites, so it kind of bites, but it will definitely be an awesome fight.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmaweekly-f9dd10d0770f48768f2710c9a53a6afb

If a well trained and motivated BJ Penn enters the octagon against Condit we could see an extremely competitive fight and a possible fight of the year candidate! I like both guys and wont pick a winner but this will be an amazing fight!

Im looking at your sig and your avatar.

i laugh. Its ok though.

Yea i think its because he trains with really good fighters at RVCA he trains with Belfort and Ortiz and he also trains some at Blackhouse while hes in Cali and there all savages there.

I agree, plus I think because he's not at home he doesn't have tons of friends and family around. So his head stays in the game instead of getting sidetracked.

Yeah I love both fighters, don't want to see either lose. I have been a fan if Penn longer so I will be rooting for him. I will be happy with either winner though

It will be refreshing to see BJ train with discipline and fresh motivation. I hope he does not get tired and gives Condit what we all know he can.

If BJ trains up to his great abilities, I think he will win. I think his smartest gameplan would be to take the fight to the ground. I think he is stronger than Carlos on the ground.

Should be a great fight!

When Penn leaves Hilo for Cali people get their asses kicked. It's not only better training partners but his strength and conditioning program is much better outside of Hilo.

I just hope people don't write Condit off as anything less then a spectacular win for Penn. Penn will chin check him before choking him out.

hes gone to cali ok....but he is not training with different coaches or with any real talent that can push him further....all i see is kendall grove will be with him but he usually is in Hilo anyway.

ashame really, if BJ actually went to a proper MMA gym with a proper Coach he would be a machine.

hes gone to cali ok....but he is not training with different coaches or with any real talent that can push him further....all i see is kendall grove will be with him but he usually is in Hilo anyway.

ashame really' date=' if BJ actually went to a proper MMA gym with a proper Coach he would be a machine.[/quote']

Apparently you are kind of slow...

Training with Marv Marinovich for his strength and conditioning is not training with the same coaches. It's unlikely he will train with the Cesar Gracie guys anymore but he use to train with them when Shields and Diaz were both in Strikeforce.

Northern and Southern California has plenty of quality gyms with quality coaches and training partners.

The last time he went to Cali he ****ing mauled Florian and Sanchez... he wasn't even winded after 4th and 5th round stoppages in both fights.

Think... just a little before you post.

Thank you and have good night.

Training with Marv Marinovich for his strength and conditioning is not training with the same coaches. It's unlikely he will train with the Cesar Gracie guys anymore but he use to train with them when Shields and Diaz were both in Strikeforce.

Northern and Southern California has plenty of quality gyms with quality coaches and training partners.

The last time he went to Cali he ****ing mauled Florian and Sanchez... he wasn't even winded after 4th and 5th round stoppages in both fights.

quote me when you have more posts and a little more pull around these forums.

He has trained with Marv a number of times haha please think a little before you post.

you mad?

quote me when you have more posts and a little more pull around these forums.

He has trained with Marv a number of times haha please think a little before you post.

you mad?

I've easily got four times as many posts while being around much longer then you... like well over a year longer. I not only ran this place then I will run it now as a noob 11er with 45 posts. Try your best though... if you dare.

Oh yeah when did I say he had trained with him more then a number of times? I pointed out the fact that he trained with him for 2 fights in which he wrecked his opponents. They couldn't even hit him in those fights Diego landed like 3 or 4 significant strikes over 23 or so minutes.

Those fights were at 155, where he had to get in shape and shed some pounds. Plus he was never taken down in those fights. He honestly should go back down if he wants to taste gold again. No way he beats Fitch or GSP or any powerful wrestler at 170, unless he pulls a Fitch like in his last fight.

Those fights were at 155' date=' where he had to get in shape and shed some pounds. Plus he was never taken down in those fights. He honestly should go back down if he wants to taste gold again. [b']No way he beats Fitch or GSP or any powerful wrestler at 170, unless he pulls a Fitch like in his last fight.[/b]

It doesn't matter... are you dense or what?

He's fighting CARLOS CONDIT! Last I checked CARLOS CONDIT is NOT A WRESTLER!

He's someone who will stand in front of Penn until he gets cracked in his face with a straight right.

i wonder what round BJ will gas in and start looking like he wants to cry

See it's things like this... people just don't think. This is a 3 round fight against someone who is not a wrestler. Wake up people! Wrestlers that outweigh Penn by 30 pounds are going to tire him out. He's fighting a striker/BJJ fighter... the problem for Condit is Penn is the better striker, wrestler and submission fighter.

If anyone gets taken down it will be Condit... he couldn't even take Penn down in his dreams. He has nothing to offer that's going to gas Penn out in a 3 round fight.

Once again... Carlos Condit is not a 196 pound wrestler like GSP or Fitch who didn't even win the ****ing fight against a much smaller man.

Archived