ufc you will not fool me...diaz is not a top 3 ww

BruteDion

how is it that a guy who is top 6 ww (at best i have him tied for 6th) by sherdog walk into the ufc (again) and gets a title shot when #2 - #5 or #6 are in the ufc....you are fools if u believe the hype that diaz has earned this title shot...who has he beat to warrant a shot the only person he beat that was top 10 was daley and he was #9 at the time (am i worng sound right?) ....im not a strikeforce basher overeem would smash alot of the ufc hw...and hendo i love...but diaz i will not stand 4 this...and the ufc peddels the idea that gsp only wants the best yah ok

I agree with you' date=' BUT... he beat Daley, at his own game, in the first round.. not sure if that merrits a title shot, but it was bloody impressive[/quote']

totally agree that takes some big ones...i dont think gsp would do that even if they cuz off daleys left arm at the elbow

how is it that a guy who is top 6 ww (at best i have him tied for 6th) by sherdog walk into the ufc (again) and gets a title shot when #2 - #5 or #6 are in the ufc....you are fools if u believe the hype that diaz has earned this title shot...who has he beat to warrant a shot the only person he beat that was top 10 was daley and he was #9 at the time (am i worng sound right?) ....im not a strikeforce basher overeem would smash alot of the ufc hw...and hendo i love...but diaz i will not stand 4 this...and the ufc peddels the idea that gsp only wants the best yah ok

UFC sells fights, not rankings.

Didn't Dana tweet something about how he gave Diaz the shot because the fans wanted to see it? Something along the lines of 'you wanted it' date=' you got it!' not saying they were the most educated fans however if Diaz wins I'd be a happy man.[/quote']

who are these fans that he was talking about...were you asked cuz i know i was not...all i asked 4 was the silva fight i was promised years ago:(

Yea the Daley finish did it for me. If your willing to stand and bang with Daley, you won't be scarred whatsoever of GSP. Which seems to be the problem with all of his opponents. It's gonna be nice to see what a well rounded fighter like Diaz is gonna do to GSP.

Yea the Daley finish did it for me. If your willing to stand and bang with Daley' date=' you won't be scarred whatsoever of GSP. Which seems to be the problem with all of his opponents. [b'] It's gonna be nice to see what a well rounded fighter like Diaz is gonna do to GSP[/b].

= not much

Yea the Daley finish did it for me. If your willing to stand and bang with Daley' date=' you won't be scarred whatsoever of GSP. Which seems to be the problem with all of his opponents. It's gonna be nice to see what a well rounded fighter like Diaz is gonna do to GSP.[/quote']

im not putting 2 much stock in that cuz it could have benn easly diaz the one koed

= not much

i wish u were wrong but ur not :(

I'd rank him up there in the top 5 WW's in the world. I think he's very very underestimated.

I thought this far before he was in the UFC again.

Can he be consistent against the very best competition?

We will see after he smashes GSP.

what come on man...who has he beat besides daley that warrents that and daley was 9 at best....i cant remember but cyborg was like 18-12 man does that sound like an elite person to defend ur belt against?

Diaz has dominated lowly ranked WWs.

He did beat Daley which was impressive' date=' but he also almost got TKO'd by daley too.[/quote']

now does that sound like a top 3 guy like the ufc would like u to think..or adleast some1 who gsp should defend his title aganst?

what come on man...who has he beat besides daley that warrents that and daley was 9 at best....i cant remember but cyborg was like 18-12 man does that sound like an elite person to defend ur belt against?

He's beaten alot of good fighters but your looking far too much into records.

I could make alot of fighters look like there not as good as they are just by going off of who they faced.

Nick is a damn good fighter and he's tough as they come.

I guarantee GSP or anyone else worth thier salt isn't taking him lightly.

Also styles make fights and Nick is a very tough challenge for GSP. He has skills and a style that GSP hasn't faced yet.

Lets also not forget Serra was champion once......

To quote Dana White:

"Nick Diaz absolutely' date=' positively deserves this shot with Georges St-Pierre."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/tim_marchman/07/27/dana-white/index.html#ixzz1TQrK8qNd[/quote']

so u belive the same guy who said "srikeforce is the minor promotion..ufc has the elite"....i didnt look at the link im on mobile at work

now does that sound like a top 3 guy like the ufc would like u to think..or adleast some1 who gsp should defend his title aganst?

Yes, look at everyone else who stood with Semtex and look what happened, I still can't believe Diaz won that fight.

He's beaten alot of good fighters but your looking far too much into records.

I could make alot of fighters look like there not as good as they are just by going off of who they faced.

Nick is a damn good fighter and he's tough as they come.

I guarantee GSP or anyone else worth thier salt isn't taking him lightly.

Also styles make fights and Nick is a very tough challenge for GSP. He has skills and a style that GSP hasn't faced yet.

Lets also not forget Serra was champion once......

i know form cyborgs record n the ppl he faced that in the ufc he would not sniff top 5 ww...how bout that on diazs win streak non of the ppl he beat have earned a title shot in the ufc how do u get a title shot form that

to be a top 5 WW you have to beat a top 5 WW.

i agree..daley is a one sided fighter (one really good side) but he was not getting a title shot in the ufc

who are these fans that he was talking about...were you asked cuz i know i was not...all i asked 4 was the silva fight i was promised years ago:(

This. Half the people on here probably didn't know who Diaz was until his fight with Daley or even GSP.

I sure as hell didn't ask for this. Dana is blowing smoke up our rears. He knows damn well we asked for GSP/Silva.

Yes' date=' look at everyone else who stood with Semtex and look what happened, I still can't believe Diaz won that fight.[/quote']

how?...i mean i really like semtex but im not blind...all those ppl daley koed were not good strikers and were dumb...im mean the smith ko was amazing but who think smith is a top 15 striker he just gets amazingly timed counters

This. Half the people on here probably didn't know who Diaz was until his fight with Daley or even GSP.

I sure as hell didn't ask for this. Dana is blowing smoke up our rears. He knows damn well we asked for GSP/Silva.

lol i give even the noobs a little more credit than that.

This is a tough match for GSP and if Diaz wins ( and i think he can ) people will finally give this guy some credit. This is not an easy fight for GSP. Dan Hardy was an easy fight.

how?...i mean i really like semtex but im not blind...all those ppl daley koed were not good strikers and were dumb...im mean the smith ko was amazing but who think smith is a top 15 striker he just gets amazingly timed counters

Kampmann is a good striker.

thank you...if u sit back n think with a clear mind and try to remember dana statments u see most of its bs with a coat of sprinkles

thank you...if u sit back n think with a clear mind and try to remember dana statments u see most of its bs with a coat of sprinkles

Well if you can name someone who deserves a shot then go for it. But your fantasy of the Silva/GSP won't happen because GSP is gonna wait till the man is 40 before he ever considers stepping up against the greatest.

lol i give even the noobs a little more credit than that.

This is a tough match for GSP and if Diaz wins ( and i think he can ) people will finally give this guy some credit. This is not an easy fight for GSP. Dan Hardy was an easy fight.

Really?

People hate Diaz as is. They don't want to give him credit for anything. And if he beats "The Almighty", then they will just hate him more, and make excuses, cause there's "no way" that Diaz could have beaten GSP.

Maybe not everyone are on hype or on bandwagon, maybe they just love his fighting style and likes him as a fighter, i better seing 1 diaz fight than 5 gsp fights nuff said.

Kampmann is a good striker.

forgot him my bad he is a good striker...good allreound fighter and gets no credit like i just did 2 him sorry lol

Well if you can name someone who deserves a shot then go for it. But your fantasy of the Silva/GSP won't happen because GSP is gonna wait till the man is 40 before he ever considers stepping up against the greatest.

how bout 2....fitch how long ago was his promised title shot..condit(dhk was higher then daley and more wellrounded and hardy eventhough he didnt earn his shot he still go it)...i want to say bj but hes only on a 2 fight win streak so i can see why not but he is a beater fighter then daiz in everyway..when motivated...and i dont tihnk its gsp fualt all alone on why the silva fight will not happen...i think danas behind it more the gso

boho bohoo Diaz brother don't loose fights they run out of time, the sign of real great fighters.No quit, no surrender. Let's see where he belongs, he has done more then any other fighter has done for excitement in mma. He just won't lay down, that's captain America for me.

so u belive the same guy who said "srikeforce is the minor promotion..ufc has the elite"....i didnt look at the link im on mobile at work

I'll believe the President of the company before most [read: all] of you on this forum. Dana White is a bigger fight fan than you or I will ever be. But that doesn't mean I agree with him.

I agree Diaz isn't even top 5' date=' this is a fan fight nothing more. And after this fight Diaz fans will look even more ridiculas as they shake their heads to 5 rounds of wrestling cuz he has no TDD.[/quote']

They will shake their heads thinking they have to deal with GSP having another main event slot.

GSP' date=' Fitch, Penn, Shields, prolly Kos and maybe Condit and MacDonald> Nick Diaz.

Definately not buying into the hype on this one. The UFC actually had me thinking GSP and Hardy would be a war.[/quote']

ha ha... I have never heard anyone buying into that hype.

Even BJ Penn said Diaz was deserving of a title shot so my opinion or your opinion is worth nothing. Dana made the fight happen and rankings are ******** anyway, people would be complaining if we got GSP vs Fitch 2 / Penn 3 / Shields 2

Brock smashed Couture when he was almost unranked so when Diaz beats GSP no one will be complaining

The last 30 seconds of diaz's last fight was 10 times more exciting than 90% of GSP's Career in the UFC.

This is a fact

You can not argue this and still think yourself a man

I'm not even a big fan of Diaz ( In fact I bet my friend that Daley would KO him)

Is diaz winning really so farfetched? I mean look what Serra did...oh and look at what Shields did to his face.

Quit whining and enjoy the anticipation of a good fight.

GSP' date=' Fitch, Penn, Shields, prolly Kos and maybe Condit and MacDonald> Nick Diaz.

Definately not buying into the hype on this one. The UFC actually had me thinking GSP and Hardy would be a war.[/quote']

same here, i think all these guys would smash over hyped Diaz.

i think u guys got me wrong...im not sayin nick cant win what im sayin is that others should have got the shot

Diaz was the perfect choice. he needs $$. he's been complaining about $$ for some time now. he's from SF and can go back there if he loses. Diaz is being paid to get finished in this fight. think about it.

forgot him my bad he is a good striker...good allreound fighter and gets no credit like i just did 2 him sorry lol

how bout 2....fitch how long ago was his promised title shot..condit(dhk was higher then daley and more wellrounded and hardy eventhough he didnt earn his shot he still go it)...i want to say bj but hes only on a 2 fight win streak so i can see why not but he is a beater fighter then daiz in everyway..when motivated...and i dont tihnk its gsp fualt all alone on why the silva fight will not happen...i think danas behind it more the gso

O yea fitch deserves a shot, I mean who needs to win there last fight anymore to get a title shot, draws should now be considered... :rolleyes:

BJ is not on a 2 fight win streak you tard. He was also in the draw with Fitch, so again, wtf you talking about.

Condit, please. You won't buy into the diaz hype, but your gonna buy into the man who only beat Mcdonald because the ref was trigger happy with 10 seconds left in a losing fight. Not to mention getting mauled by Kampmann and squeaking out a decision against Ellenberger.

O yea fitch deserves a shot' date=' I mean who needs to win there last fight anymore to get a title shot, draws should now be considered... :rolleyes:

BJ is not on a 2 fight win streak you tard. He was also in the draw with Fitch, so again, wtf you talking about.

Condit, please. You won't buy into the diaz hype, but your gonna buy into the man who only beat Mcdonald because the ref was trigger happy with 10 seconds left in a losing fight. Not to mention getting mauled by Kampmann and squeaking out a decision against Ellenberger.[/quote']

yah just forget bout condit destroying DHK and hardy

fitch has beeing winning you fool yah so what his last was a draw it was to BJ PENN an icon....whats diaz ufc streak in the last 2 years

Archived