Melvin Guillard v Clay Guida

BarbaricBob

Who else would like to see this fight? I think UFC only put Guillard against Lauzon because all of his losses have been by sub and Lauzon has decent BJJ. Guida is on a streak (beat the guy who was supposed to get a title shot before the LW picture just got all screwy in Anthony Pettis), and so is Melvin. They both have been in the UFC for quite some time and both want a shot at the belt. Dana already said that Miller is next if he gets past Henderson, so by the time Edgar/ Maynard 3 and the winner vs Miller (if he gets past Henderson, which I think he will) rolls around, there would have been plenty of time for this fight to take place as well. I believe stylistically they present challenges to each other. Melvin Guillard has good TDD and is very explosive and powerful for a LW. Guida is a great wrestler, and pushes a pace that very few can deal with. Both guys have good chins so I'd love to see it. It could be a PPV co-main event or even a main even for UFC on Versus.

Who else would like to see this fight? I think UFC only put Guillard against Lauzon because all of his losses have been by sub and Lauzon has decent BJJ. Guida is on a streak (beat the guy who was supposed to get a title shot before the LW picture just got all screwy in Anthony Pettis)' date=' and so is Melvin. They both have been in the UFC for quite some time and both want a shot at the belt. Dana already said that Miller is next if he gets past Henderson, so by the time Edgar/ Maynard 3 and the winner vs Miller (if he gets past Henderson, which I think he will) rolls around, there would have been plenty of time for this fight to take place as well. I believe stylistically they present challenges to each other. Melvin Guillard has good TDD and is very explosive and powerful for a LW. Guida is a great wrestler, and pushes a pace that very few can deal with. Both guys have good chins so I'd love to see it. It could be a PPV co-main event or even a main even for UFC on Versus.[/quote']

I'd rather see Guillard vs Miller/Henderson , or even BJ if he loses to Condit. Hell move Melendez over or acquire Alverez.

I think he's being fed easy matchups , I think Ronny Torres and Jeremy Stephens were WIRE tight decisions , Tibau was another split decision and these guys aren't even top 10. He beats up a frail and perfectly matched Roller and Dunham then he's the greatest LW in the world...Lauzon is another frail Lightweight ideally matched for Guillard.

He had a good knockout over Siver but looking at a bit of his performances , off the top of my head Wiman and Fisher it doesn't prove his hype. I think he has further to go than people say , I think he hasn't even faced an opponent that I feel could test him , which there's enough of...

Guida vs Guillard makes sense yes , stylistically I wouldn't like it Guida would either out wrestler and work Guillard or get put away , one would try to bang and one would try to grind. Doesn't make for excitement.

They're teammates and will only fight for the belt. There are enough LW contenders to keep both of them busy.

And Bendo will tool Jim Miller

Undoubtedly it would have to be a #1 contender spot. I talk about this with friends all the time, and if it was for a Title or even a title shot, I would be their friend before, try to take his head off during the fight, then be friends after regardless of the result. I think fighters should be fighters first, and friends/ teammates second. And I would love to sig bet on Ben vs Miller, but I don't have enough posts for anyone on here to want to bet me.

Undoubtedly it would have to be a #1 contender spot. I talk about this with friends all the time' date=' and if it was for a Title or even a title shot, I would be their friend before, try to take his head off during the fight, then be friends after regardless of the result. I think fighters should be fighters first, and friends/ teammates second. And I would love to sig bet on Ben vs Miller, but I don't have enough posts for anyone on here to want to bet me.[/quote']

I would bet with you with no prejudice lol, but I already got a bet on that fight. I will bump my sigbets thread and see if any matchup interests you

Guida sucks Guillard would knock his head off his shoulders.

You must've just started watching MMA. Guida could take him down and sub him or grind out a decision. Guillard doesn't have the best sub defense in the world. Also, Guida has never been stopped by strikes. Something to think about. To say that Guida sucks is just ignorant.

You must've just started watching MMA. Guida could take him down and sub him or grind out a decision. Guillard doesn't have the best sub defense in the world. Also' date=' Guida has never been stopped by strikes. Something to think about. To say that Guida sucks is just ignorant.[/quote']

Nope been watching MMA for a while. i just noticed u have guida in ur sig so of course ur gonna be bias just like everyone else is thats OK i get how that works. But to think little Clay Guida can handle Guillards speed and explosive striking and actually hold him down i think is crazy. it would be just like the Roller fight IMO.

Nope been watching MMA for a while. i just noticed u have guida in ur sig so of course ur gonna be bias just like everyone else is thats OK i get how that works. But to think little Clay Guida can handle Guillards speed and explosive striking and actually hold him down i think is crazy. it would be just like the Roller fight IMO.

I'm not bias at all. Read the original post that started this thread. Whichever way it goes it would not be an easy fight either way.

And Guillard has been taken down and subbed by smaller fighters before. So don't think it can't happen. Guida on the other hand has taken big shots and NEVER been stopped by strikes. So you can't tell me Guillard can't get subbed but Guida can easily be KO'd. I'm speaking facts.

And Guillard has been taken down and subbed by smaller fighters before. So don't think it can't happen. Guida on the other hand has taken big shots and NEVER been stopped by strikes. So you can't tell me Guillard can't get subbed but Guida can easily be KO'd. I'm speaking facts.

But Guillard has improved his TDD drastically over the past few years, you can't deny that ;)

Either way, it would be an interesting fight. No one can say for sure if Clay would be able to take him down, or if Melvin would be able to knock him out. Hopefully we see this fight in the future.

You're honestly comparing Guida and Roller?

You keep bringing up the past of Guillard getting subbed. hes a completley different animal now hes constantly improving i cant even picture in my head a scenario where Guida would get a guy like Guillard down or sub him somehow. idk i just dont see it

They're teammates and will only fight for the belt. There are enough LW contenders to keep both of them busy.

And Bendo will tool Jim Miller

This couldnt be farther from the truth not saying bendo cant beat miller but in know way shape or form is he gonna tool him. that statement is something a noob would say.

Archived