Shogun vs. Belfort

JP24

I was debating with my brother earlier' date=' and he says he thinks Belfort would win while I said I think that Rua would win. I wanna get a forum opinion. Who would win?[/quote']

I gotta go with Vitor. Seven years ago I would say Shogun, but now it seems like Shogun has kind of lost the fire he used to have. Like it's not his passion anymore. Sure, he beat Chuck (at the end of his career), and Mark Coleman (I could probably beat that old man), and after the first Machida fight, he came in fired up because he felt like he got robbed. But I just think if Vitor put pressure on him, he would lose the will to win. I'm going Vitor, 3rd round TKO.

I actually think it will depend on how Vitor does vs Akiyama , I have to say 100% confidently neither of their minds or wills are in the place to taste the greatness and notoriety they once but Vitor is the fighter with a lot more ability and talent on both of their best nights Vitor knocks Shogun out , on the expected night Shogun dismantles him after weathering the first round.

I actually think it will depend on how Vitor does vs Akiyama ' date=' I have to say 100% confidently neither of their minds or wills are in the place to taste the greatness and notoriety they once but Vitor is the fighter with a lot more ability and talent on both of their best nights Vitor knocks Shogun out , on the expected night Shogun dismantles him after weathering the first round.[/quote']

I don't like Tito or Rashad, I'm actually ordering this next fight just to see Vitor vs Akiyama. I'm hoping he can put him away quickly in quintessential "Phenom" fashion. If Akiyama wins it will seriously disappoint me. Because if Vitor can't get over the KO loss to Silva and come back as good as ever, he will be the next old school UFC fighter to get left in the dust by the new generation. Sad because he really got me excited about watching UFC when I first started becoming a fan.

Vitor is still pretty darn quick, even after more than a decade. Actually still quicker than most other fighters.

Shogun has a very hard head which was evident when Jones could not put him away. However, his bad knee and his complete lack of cardio would have him on the defensive the whole time.

Vitor will utilize his significant speed and power and use Shogun as punching bag for three rounds. He will decision him and all he'll have to show for it is a busted up face.

Vitor is still pretty darn quick' date=' even after more than a decade. Actually still quicker than most other fighters.

Shogun has a very hard head which was evident when Jones could not put him away. However, his bad knee and his complete lack of cardio would have him on the defensive the whole time.

Vitor will utilize his significant speed and power and use Shogun as punching bag for three rounds. He will decision him and all he'll have to show for it is a busted up face.[/quote']

I have a hard time seeing Vitor winning decisively and not finishing....He hits too hard , he strikes too fast and puts combos together too well and he has been known to have killer instinct. He'd have to really try and RIDE OUT A WIN to do that.

I have a hard time seeing Vitor winning decisively and not finishing....He hits too hard ' date=' he strikes too fast and puts combos together too well and he has been known to have killer instinct. He'd have to really try and RIDE OUT A WIN to do that.[/quote']

Agreed. Joe Rogan always talks about how if he lands one good shot, expect a hundred more punches to come (obviously an exaggeration). And I never said he was getting washed up or slowing down, I was just making a reference to guys like Chuck, Randy, even Royce Gracie not being as talented and well rounded as all the newer guys and not being able to hang anymore. Not to disrespect any of those guys, they revolutionized the sport and put it on the map, just saying. I'm not bad mouthing Vitor at all he is one of my favorite fighters (between him and Brock) I'm just speaking my mind.

I have a hard time seeing Vitor winning decisively and not finishing....He hits too hard ' date=' he strikes too fast and puts combos together too well and he has been known to have killer instinct. He'd have to really try and RIDE OUT A WIN to do that.[/quote']

I agree. The only hope I see for Shogun is that his head is like a cinder block. Still, there's a first time for everything and eventually everyone gets knocked out.

I agree. The only hope I see for Shogun is that his head is like a cinder block. Still' date=' there's a first time for everything and eventually everyone gets knocked out.[/quote']

Silva showed us that w/ Belfort. He has been stopped before, yes. But before that fight he had never been knocked unconscious.

Wrong.

Tell me I'm wrong if you want. There's tons of Fedor ****s who talk about how beating washed up champs or guys like Brett Rogers make Fedor the best, but it simply doesn't. Say what you want, my opinion will be the same and after Hendo beats him, he will retire and hopefully all this Fedor bs stops. If he was anywhere near as good as people say he would have fought in the UFC at least once before his career ended.

Tell me I'm wrong if you want. There's tons of Fedor ****s who talk about how beating washed up champs or guys like Brett Rogers make Fedor the best' date=' but it simply doesn't. Say what you want, my opinion will be the same and after Hendo beats him, he will retire and hopefully all this Fedor bs stops. If he was anywhere near as good as people say he would have fought in the UFC at least once before his career ended.[/quote']

I'm not even a Fedor fan, bro, but I think he was leaving his prime by the time he was fighting Arlovski. He's old and washed up, that's what he is.

I'm not even a Fedor fan' date=' bro, but I think he was leaving his prime by the time he was fighting Arlovski. He's old and washed up, that's what he is.[/quote']

everyone always says that the pride fighters are old. give me a break. w.silva 34,nog 34, shogun29, rampage 33. you guys fail. anderson is damn near 37 and look what he is doing.

Archived