Rampage Not Being What He Used To?

Hammer_Down

In my opinion Rampage has never dropped out of the top 5 at LHW since he's been in the UFC. He's 8-2 in his last ten and his two losses didn't do a whole lot to discredit him. People talk about his wrestling defense being suspect. In modern history he's been outwrestled once and thats by Rashad. If you've been following MMA you'd notice that people are flat flooted and slow coming off after long layoffs. This is the product of your training camp being dedicated to getting in shape rather than already being in shape and getting your timing down.

Other than that his wrestling has been more than okay. He was down two in the hole against Hendo and showed tremendous heart to outwrestle him in later rounds. People also criticize his lack of heart or care for the sport anymore. If his heart wasn't there he wouldn't have been able to beat Machida. The amount of **** you talk before a fight is not a barometer of how much you care about a fight or how dedicated you are. Notice how the fights he talked the most before usually ended up in him losing (Griffin, Rashad, Wanderlei). This fight with Jones is honestly 50-50 and it seems that some people have written him off forever just because he wanted to do a movie at one time. Big deal.

In my opinion Rampage has never dropped out of the top 5 at LHW since he's been in the UFC. He's 8-2 in his last ten and his two losses didn't do a whole lot to discredit him. People talk about his wrestling defense being suspect. In modern history he's been outwrestled once and thats by Rashad. If you've been following MMA you'd notice that people are flat flooted and slow coming off after long layoffs. This is the product of your training camp being dedicated to getting in shape rather than already being in shape and getting your timing down.

Other than that his wrestling has been more than okay. He was down two in the hole against Hendo and showed tremendous heart to outwrestle him in later rounds. People also criticize his lack of heart or care for the sport anymore. If his heart wasn't there he wouldn't have been able to beat Machida. The amount of **** you talk before a fight is not a barometer of how much you care about a fight or how dedicated you are. Notice how the fights he talked the most before usually ended up in him losing (Griffin' date=' Rashad, Wanderlei). This fight with Jones is honestly 50-50 and it seems that some people have written him off forever just because he wanted to do a movie at one time. Big deal.[/quote']

Jones is a younger, stronger, heavier fighter than rampage.

Jones is someone who cuts a massive amount of weight to get to 205 and

doesn't show alot of wear. He is a natural Heavyweight.

That being said, as I have mentioned in my thread, the only way for Rampage to win

is by catching Jones in an exchange and knocking him out.

If he doesn't do that, it's going to be a very lopsided decision for Jones.

I'll never write Rampage off.....coz he's capable of great things i hope he knocks Bones out :)

that he is! he almost powerbombed MACHIDA, but because of Machida's sumo base he was able to easily compose himself and escape, I swear he is impossible to take down....

Archived