When should soccer kicks and stomps to the head come back to the UFC?

Tiberius

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure why they feel soccer kicks or stomps will be any less humane then what a fighter does now. It's not like it will detract from the current MMA population. People who don't like to watch fighting like my girlfriend will not watch any form of MMA no matter what. People like myself who will watch fighting will watch fighting in practically any form provided there are measures that someone does not die. It's still a sport because there are people like the referee who usually do a good job in ensuring the safety of the fighters in this combat sport.

I just don't see how the lack of soccer kicks or stomps makes this less of a sport. It's still a sport no matter how you look at it. All it does is change some of the dynamics within the sport, which IMO, is an invigorating thing as a fan and fighter alike.

I'm not really sure why they feel soccer kicks or stomps will be any less humane then what a fighter does now. It's not like it will detract from the current MMA population. People who don't like to watch fighting like my girlfriend will not watch any form of MMA no matter what. People like myself who will watch fighting will watch fighting in practically any form provided there are measures that someone does not die. It's still a sport because there are people like the referee who usually do a good job in ensuring the safety of the fighters in this combat sport.

I just don't see how the lack of soccer kicks or stomps makes this less of a sport. It's still a sport no matter how you look at it. All it does is change some of the dynamics within the sport' date=' which IMO, is an invigorating thing as a fan and fighter alike.[/quote']

op7oup.jpg

It's only "do gooder" clowns that don't like how it "looks". Why would I care what they thought about anything. In fact, if they stick their nose in my business maybe they will get soccer kicked and stomped too!

In all seriousness though the UFC wont ever bring these in' date=' would also be harder to get mma legalized in certain places around the world with soccer kicks and stomps, Aldo would probably kill someone with a soccer kick !! ;)[/quote']

I would love to be watching ESPN Sportscenter's top 10 "and the Sportscenter number 1 play - John "Bones" Jones with a huge soccer kick to Tito Ortiz's abnormally large head!"

You sunk my battleship...

Also soccer kicks and headstomps are too dangerous for this sport now, could you imagine someone like Pat Barry soccer kicking Brock? He'd cause permanent brain damage which is the last thing alot of people want. I feel they are far too dangerous now and they shouldn't come back... for now atleast.

Also soccer kicks and headstomps are too dangerous for this sport now' date=' could you imagine someone like Pat Barry soccer kicking Brock? He'd cause permanent brain damage which is the last thing alot of people want. I feel they are far too dangerous now and they shouldn't come back... for now atleast.[/quote']

On your battleship - I'm sure you'll sail again lol

On the serious business of more fights getting finished and ball sniffers thinking throwing themselves on the ground is a safe option, I say you are soft. The brain damage **** is ridiculous too. Fights would get stopped very quickly and any possible KOs would be no worse than some of the brutal high round kick KOs or overhand right (Evans v Liddell type stuff) that happen under current rules. I would also suggest many people who are scared homies about soccer kicks and stomps weren't following the sport during Pride's glory days when they were a regular occurrence and nothing bad happened.

What is the basis of the argument against soccer kicks. They cause more damage. People will die. Prove it. The fact is no one has ever been seriously injured with soccer kicks. The fact is soccer kicks are as safe and as humane as anything else allowed in the UFC. If anyone on the forum asserts that it will cause more injuries, please provide proof of this assertion. If you can't, then you have to wonder if your preconceived notion on this is logical.

Soccer kicks will make the UFC and MMA in general more bashable and will most likely slow down the growth of MMA. Making it seem like human ****-fighting to the republican knuckleheads and the Boxing fanatic people. Which means? Less promotion and even possibly MMA not being legal in all of the states.

Sure, maybe in the future, but I don't see it happening at all.

Soccer kicks will make the UFC and MMA in general more bashable and will most likely slow down the growth of MMA. Making it seem like human ****-fighting to the republican knuckleheads and the Boxing fanatic people. Which means? Less promotion and even possibly MMA not being legal in all of the states.

Sure' date=' maybe in the future, but I don't see it happening at all.[/quote']

People used to make the same argument for elbows but somehow it is still being legalized.

What is the basis of the argument against soccer kicks. They cause more damage. People will die. Prove it. The fact is no one has ever been seriously injured with soccer kicks. The fact is soccer kicks are as safe and as humane as anything else allowed in the UFC. If anyone on the forum asserts that it will cause more injuries' date=' please provide proof of this assertion. If you can't, then you have to wonder if your preconceived notion on this is logical.[/quote']

:rolleyes: Prove it LOL and before you say I can't prove that it will cause more injuries, I think it would, just can't prove it but it's likely to cause more injuries ;)

On your battleship - I'm sure you'll sail again lol

On the serious business of more fights getting finished and ball sniffers thinking throwing themselves on the ground is a safe option' date=' I say you are soft. The brain damage **** is ridiculous too. Fights would get stopped very quickly and any possible KOs would be no worse than some of the brutal high round kick KOs or overhand right (Evans v Liddell type stuff) that happen under current rules. I would also suggest many people who are scared homies about soccer kicks and stomps weren't following the sport during Pride's glory days when they were a regular occurrence and nothing bad happened.[/quote']

My point is, alot of people dislike the sport intesnly cause they already think it's far too brutal. If you bring back soccer kicks and head stomps, it may actually sicken alot of MMA fans. Don't get me wrong, watching Wandy stomp on Yuki Kondo's head was pretty damn funny, but ALOT of bad things can happen. For example, say you get a Muay Thai fighter with sick kicks and he punches someone and knocks them clean out, when they hit the deck and the fighter goes and soccer kicks them another 2 or 3 times in the face, that will cause damage of some kind. You don't actually realise how dangerous they are unless you've experienced them. I'm 140lbs and I sure as hell know I wouldn't want Diego Nunes or Jose Aldo soccer kicking me cause there's a good 90% chance I'll need facial reconstruction.

My point is, alot of people dislike the sport intesnly cause they already think it's far too brutal. If you bring back soccer kicks and head stomps, it may actually sicken alot of MMA fans.

NobodyCares.gif

I'm 140lbs

You need to hit the protein powder and weights room girlfriend.

My point is' date=' alot of people dislike the sport intesnly cause they already think it's far too brutal. If you bring back soccer kicks and head stomps, it may actually sicken alot of MMA fans. Don't get me wrong, watching Wandy stomp on Yuki Kondo's head was pretty damn funny, but ALOT of bad things can happen. For example, say you get a Muay Thai fighter with sick kicks and he punches someone and knocks them clean out, when they hit the deck and the fighter goes and soccer kicks them another 2 or 3 times in the face, that will cause damage of some kind. [b']You don't actually realise how dangerous they are unless you've experienced them. I'm 140lbs and I sure as hell know I wouldn't want Diego Nunes or Jose Aldo soccer kicking me cause there's a good 90% chance I'll need facial reconstruction.[/b]

Where is the facts that led you to this conclusion. Pride was around a long time and there was no serious injuries taking place from those fights. Rampage got soccer kicked to oblivion by Shogun and the only injury he had was a broken rib from a punch. If soccer kicks were so damaging, we would expect Rampage to need medical attention for his face at the minimal. The fact is soccer kicks appear barbaric but they are no more dangerous than elbows smashing a mounted opponent.

Also soccer kicks and headstomps are too dangerous for this sport now' date=' could you imagine someone like Pat Barry soccer kicking Brock? He'd cause permanent brain damage which is the last thing alot of people want. I feel they are far too dangerous now and they shouldn't come back... for now atleast.[/quote']

So that is what the referee is there for. When the fighter goes unconscious or taps out, the referee will stop the fight. The ref is there for mainly watching the action and stepping in for the safety of the fighters and also to deduct points when people do not follow the rules. Saying soccer kicks and head stomps are too dangerous in an ALREADY dangerous combat sport seems odd. This isn't the knitting channel and I would think people know what they are getting into when they watch Mixed Martial Arts.

Where is the facts that led you to this conclusion. Pride was around a long time and there was no serious injuries taking place from those fights. Rampage got soccer kicked to oblivion by Shogun and the only injury he had was a broken rib from a punch. If soccer kicks were so damaging' date=' we would expect Rampage to need medical attention for his face at the minimal. [b']The fact is soccer kicks appear barbaric but they are no more dangerous than elbows smashing a mounted opponent.[/b]

How is that a fact :rolleyes: lol pretty sure that a soccer kick to the head of an opponent would cause more damage than an elbow to the head

Sure' date=' maybe in the future, but I don't see it happening at all.[/quote']

To be fair, most Republicans are morons, so that doesn't prove anything.

So that is what the referee is there for. When the fighter goes unconscious or taps out' date=' the referee will stop the fight. The ref is there for mainly watching the action and stepping in for the safety of the fighters and also to deduct points when people do not follow the rules. Saying soccer kicks and head stomps are too dangerous in an ALREADY dangerous combat sport seems odd. This isn't the knitting channel and I would think people know what they are getting into when they watch Mixed Martial Arts.[/quote']

why make an already dangerous sport even more dangerous ??? :confused: what would be the point!!!

Yum. Looks pretty tasty... That made me instantly hungry' date=' and I haven't had breakfast yet.[/quote']

Protein powder with milk for breakfast, chicken breast and rice for lunch, and spaghetti bolognese for dinner. We need to put some weight on you and Schuberling.

why make an already dangerous sport even more dangerous ??? :confused: what would be the point!!!

It wouldn't make it more dangerous it would just give more options. The one immediate advantage is that opponents would not longer be able to drop on the ground without consequence. Name one disadvantage.

Prove it. In Japan in the Pride days' date=' they used to think we were barbaric because we allowed elbows.[/quote']

I cant prove it, just an educated way of looking at it, seeing as more power and force can be generated through a soccer kick than an elbow!! You stated facts which really aren't at all facts ;)

My point is' date=' alot of people dislike the sport intesnly cause they already think it's far too brutal. If you bring back soccer kicks and head stomps, it may actually sicken alot of MMA fans. Don't get me wrong, watching Wandy stomp on Yuki Kondo's head was pretty damn funny, but ALOT of bad things can happen. For example, say you get a Muay Thai fighter with sick kicks and he punches someone and knocks them clean out, when they hit the deck and the fighter goes and soccer kicks them another 2 or 3 times in the face, that will cause damage of some kind. You don't actually realise how dangerous they are unless you've experienced them. I'm 140lbs and I sure as hell know I wouldn't want Diego Nunes or Jose Aldo soccer kicking me cause there's a good 90% chance I'll need facial reconstruction.[/quote']

That's exactly the point I was making in my first post.

Most people who dislike the sport intensely because they think it's far too brutal (e.g. - my girlfriend) and will not watch it.

However, it is a COMBAT sport. My girlfriend will NEVER watch this sport. EVER. And a lot of women and I suppose some guys will never watch it no matter WHAT changes ever go into affect.

The other side of the coin, is that people like myself who will watch MMA no matter what (diehard fans) want to see MMA for what it is. Mixed Martial Arts in all forms of the stand up, take down and ground game. Soccer kicks are not any more brutal then what exists today.

Also, if you want to expand the reaches of MMA, it doesn't necessarily need changes to the rules. Look at the United Kingdom - after Michael Bisping was the Ultimate Fighter winner for seasons 3, MMA basically blasted off in the UK. You just need things like this reaching out to fighters all of the world to make this sport completely global.

Protein powder with milk for breakfast' date=' chicken breast and rice for lunch, and spaghetti bolognese for dinner. We need to put some weight on you and Schuberling.[/quote']

I'm not really concerned with my weight if I'm successfully able to take somebody 2 times my size.

It wouldn't make it more dangerous it would just give more options. The one immediate advantage is that opponents would not longer be able to drop on the ground without consequence. Name one disadvantage.

more options = more dangerous lol I agree though I would love to see fighters not flopping on to the ground (Werdum) hoping for just grappling etc. but then again there are already ground strikes you can use (elbows/punches) so not sure it would change it too much

I'm not really concerned with my weight if I'm successfully able to take somebody 2 times my size.

How do women feel about fornicating with such an insignificant man?

tumblr_llv07sSWnk1qh6xfa.gif

I cant prove it' date=' just an educated way of looking at it, seeing as more power and force can be generated through a soccer kick than an elbow!! You stated facts which really aren't at all facts ;)[/quote']

Actually they are facts. Look up soccer kicks and injuries on the web. You cannot find one serious reported injury from a soccer kick. Thereby, I can say confidently that the dangers around soccer kicks are blown out of proportion. If you assert that they are you must provide proof on your assertion or its just an opinion. If you can provide one piece of evidence that would suggest that socer kicks are illegal I will concede. If you cannot find such evidence you should conced to my position. Sound fair?

more options = more dangerous lol I agree though I would love to see fighters not flopping on to the ground (Werdum) hoping for just grappling etc. but then again there are already ground strikes you can use (elbows/punches) so not sure it would change it too much

Kicking a guy in the head while hes standing is no different in terms of force. Consequently, you should be for banning kicks in the UFC as well.

Actually they are facts. Look up soccer kicks and injuries on the web. You cannot find one serious reported injury from a soccer kick. Thereby' date=' I can say confidently that the dangers around soccer kicks are blown out of proportion. If you assert that they are you must provide proof on your assertion or its just an opinion. If you can provide one piece of evidence that would suggest that socer kicks are illegal I will concede. If you cannot find such evidence you should conced to my position. Sound fair?[/quote']

Just opinions like I said ;) I just believe that there's more chance of serious injuries by adding soccer kicks and stomps into the UFC, a stomp which misses the mark and stomps down on a neck could break it!! I think there's enough excitement in the sport, making the sport more dangerous is just unnecessary and would definitely halt any chance of legalization of mma in every country/state around the world ;) Hopefully we can just agree to disagree on this, but in all honesty there's no chance of them being brought to the UFC :D and yes I did watch Pride back in the day LOL

Soccer Kicks hit with probably over twice the force of an elbow...Haven't you ever noticed how rarely someone is rocked from an elbow? That's why they like them banned they don't cause much actual damage but they cut very easily and badly. Soccer kicks knock your teeth out with the mouth guard in , they will kick your nose off your face , stomping someones face in doesn't seem like a sport to me sorry.

....Soccer kicks and head stomps hit with A LOT more force than elbows , therefore cause my trauma and damage and are far more dangerous if you don't agree with this you might want to go ask sports science to prove you wrong.

Kicking a guy in the head while hes standing is no different in terms of force. Consequently' date=' you should be for banning kicks in the UFC as well.[/quote']

haha is that a fact too :rolleyes: very much doubt a head kick would generate more force than a soccer kick !!!!!!!!! much more body weight behind a soccer kick

Soccer Kicks hit with probably over twice the force of an elbow...Haven't you ever noticed how rarely someone is rocked from an elbow? That's why they like them banned they don't cause much actual damage but they cut very easily and badly. Soccer kicks knock your teeth out with the mouth guard in ' date=' they will kick your nose off your face , stomping someones face in doesn't seem like a sport to me sorry.

....Soccer kicks and head stomps hit with A LOT more force than elbows , therefore cause my trauma and damage and are far more dangerous if you don't agree with this you might want to go ask sports science to prove you wrong.[/quote']

Finally someone who is a realist with an educated look at it ;)

they should allow knees to the head of a downed opponent. but no soccer kicks or stomps to the head.

the reason i say this is, knees will be thrown in the midst of a heavy grappling match. a guy trying to stand up....knee. a guy in a crucifix...knee. a guy holding on to a single....oh god id live to start seeing those knees.

but soccer kicks and stomps really only work when an opponent is down, and the kicker is standing. If i had to guess when this would happen, is after someone gets dropped. And kicks to the head may be too excessive. Id like to see a guy who gets clipped not pay for it with his brain, but rather have the ability to come back from it and fight again at 100%, not a shell of his former self.

knees would add to the fight dynamics.

kicks would start causing brain damage to fights that are most likely already over(unless your shogun)

Just opinions like I said ;) I just believe that there's more chance of serious injuries by adding soccer kicks and stomps into the UFC' date=' a stomp which misses the mark and stomps down on a neck could break it!! I think there's enough excitement in the sport, making the sport more dangerous is just unnecessary and would definitely halt any chance of legalization of mma in every country/state around the world ;) Hopefully we can just agree to disagree on this, but in all honesty there's no chance of them being brought to the UFC :D and yes I did watch Pride back in the day LOL[/quote']

The fact I was referring to is that there has been no reported serious injury that has come from a soccer kick. Thats not an opinion. What you stated is an opinion. You have no facts to back your assertion. You don't have a single piece of evidence to conclude that soccer kicks are more dangerous. I have looked on line and could not find a single incident, but I did find serious injuries deriving from knees and elbows. No one is calling for a ban on those.

haha is that a fact too :rolleyes: very much doubt a head kick would generate more force than a soccer kick !!!!!!!!! much more body weight behind a soccer kick

A thai kick is thrown with your entire body weight. there is no difference in terms of power. If you throw a kick its the same regardless of your location its is not coming downward its coming up just like Andersons kick to Belforts face.

Soccer Kicks hit with probably over twice the force of an elbow...Haven't you ever noticed how rarely someone is rocked from an elbow? That's why they like them banned they don't cause much actual damage but they cut very easily and badly. Soccer kicks knock your teeth out with the mouth guard in ' date=' they will kick your nose off your face , stomping someones face in doesn't seem like a sport to me sorry.

....Soccer kicks and head stomps hit with A LOT more force than elbows , therefore cause my trauma and damage and are far more dangerous if you don't agree with this you might want to go ask sports science to prove you wrong.[/quote']

So do regular kicks, but nobody is calling for a ban on those. The damage is the same regardless of location.

Furthermore, you outline all this horrific damage, do you have any proof or am I suppose to just take your expert opinion?

Archived