Does it drive anybody else crazy that Mitrione keeps his hands so low?

ThePredictor

Personally, it bugs me to the MAX. I think he is a good fighter and shown a lot of improvement. He is a promising HW, but if he fights anybody with any speed he is going to get punished for keeping his hands down. He annoyed me on TUF but has grown on me since listening to him on the MMA Hour and what not. Thoughts?

Hopefully he takes a couple knuckle sandwiches to the chin so he will hold his darn hands up. His foot work and style would actually look okay if held them up. If I was cornering his opposition I would tell my fighter to throw flurries every time they get in range when he has his hands down...

Top 10 UFC HW's? Or in general? He's already a UFC top 10 guy' date=' IMO. Mitrione is a natural athlete who improves in strides. Sky's the limit 4 him.[/quote']

I guess I missed this fact... you just can't ranked him above Roy Nelson, Cro Cop, Barry, Kongo and even Struve and Travis.

Top 10 UFC HW's? Or in general? He's already a UFC top 10 guy' date=' IMO. Mitrione is a natural athlete who improves in strides. Sky's the limit 4 him.[/quote'] He is really quite average. He has just faced absolute scrubs, Kongo will beat him quite easily in my opinion. And god forbid if he ever fought someone like Carwin. He would get KO'd badly.

Hopefully he takes a couple knuckle sandwiches to the chin so he will hold his darn hands up. His foot work and style would actually look okay if held them up. If I was cornering his opposition I would tell my fighter to throw flurries every time they get in range when he has his hands down...

A couple of love taps from Kongo will have him sleeping on the canvas.

Personally' date=' it bugs me to the MAX. I think he is a good fighter and shown a lot of improvement. He is a promising HW, but if he fights anybody with any speed he is going to get punished for keeping his hands down. He annoyed me on TUF but has grown on me since listening to him on the MMA Hour and what not. Thoughts?[/quote']

i think he does fine

i think he does fine

Ya I think he 'does' fine as in; done fine in his last fights. But what I am talking about is fighting a higher ranked HW. Can you imagine walking up to Carwin with your hands at your waist?? Even with quick feet (which Meathead has) that's still a dangerous way to fight. And I will bet anybody on this forum that if he fights a top five HW with his hands down the whole fight he will get KO'd. I am sure most guys would agree.

Nope' date=' he ain't beating any top 10 HW's lol regardless of whether he has his hands up or down.[/quote']

Agree. MM will be a good long-term gatekeeper and that's about it. He gasses so easily and hasn't fought anyone of real merit.

Pretty sure Kongo KHTFO, and he's not even top of the food chain. Imagine what would happen against Cain, JDS, etc...

Archived