GSP's Next Opponents

BillBurgess

I believe that the queue line to fight GSP should be, after Diaz, in order.

Fitch (March. 1, 2011), Condit (July 1, 2011), MacDonald (Nov. 1, 2011).

And after that, hopefully, Story, Ellenberger, Hathaway and Kampmann will have their cases ready to go. This is assuming that the rising stars continue to win and can beat some of the top contenders--Fitch, Penn, Shields, Alves, Diaz, Hughes.

Any disagreements? Discuss.

1. I think Rory needs 1 or 2 more wins after Pyle before a title shot , which I have a feeling he may not get past Pyle if so it will be a tough fight no domination.

2. I think GSPs line up looks like - Fitch , Condit , Diaz.....Ellenberger will most likely lose to Shields , Story was way overrated in my opinion , Hathaway has a lot and I do mean A LOT to prove as well.

Fitch , Condit , Diaz , Ellenberger ( if he gets past Shields ) , Story ( If he continues his tear ) ... That's really it.

If GSP beats Diaz, who will all of a sudden be a can, his next opponents will have hype trains like Diaz's. Some have already started. If GSP beats them, they become cans. But if GSP loses everyone will be like "See, I told you guys." Even though it took so long.

Anyways, Condit would be a great challenger IMO to GSP.

Exactly^^^ YOU DON'T FIGHT FOR THE BELT AFTER A DRAW

Get over it' date=' Fitch IS NOT fighting Georges when he recovers from his injury[/quote']

It sickens me how people are complaining Fitch isn't get the shot instead of Diaz after a draw. Like wtf kind of world do you guys come from. If I have the chance to see Diaz or ****ing Fitch I'm gonna pick Diaz everytime, like what is everyone smoking.

You do realize that if GSP fights Fitch and Condit next' date=' that MacDonald wouldn't be up until November, 2011 at the earliest, don't you?[/quote']

lol you did not say in that order, you made it seem like 1 of the 3. And Rory is what 2 - 1 in the ufc? he needs atleast 3 - 4 wins if he can beat the top tear guys to get a title shot.

the hype train for rory is already on its way.

lol you did not say in that order' date=' you made it seem like 1 of the 3. And Rory is what 2 - 1 in the ufc? he needs atleast 3 - 4 wins if he can beat the top tear guys to get a title shot.

the hype train for rory is already on its way.[/quote']

I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't crystal clear in what I was trying to say. I was intending my post to read, in order. I did go back and insert dates.

And I also did include the condition that the rising stars need to keep winning and beat some top contenders.

Sorry I was clear as mud.

I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't crystal clear in what I was trying to say. I was intending my post to read' date=' in order. I did go back and insert dates.

And I also did include the condition that the rising stars need to keep winning and beat some top contenders.

Sorry I was clear as mud.[/quote']

Prob is when does GSP fight 3 times in less than a year. Defending his belt 3 times from March to November is pretty unlikely.

If GSP beats Diaz' date=' who will all of a sudden be a can, his next opponents will have hype trains like Diaz's. Some have already started. If GSP beats them, they become cans. But if GSP loses everyone will be like "See, I told you guys." Even though it took so long.

Anyways, Condit would be a great challenger IMO to GSP.[/quote']

Completely agree.

McDonald said he would never fight GSP. He would move up in weight if GSP was still champ.

This, the article is on sportnet.ca under MMA. Too lazy to go find it.

Prob is when does GSP fight 3 times in less than a year. Defending his belt 3 times from March to November is pretty unlikely.

That is a valid point, mossles. Early in his UFC career, he did fight that often. Often every 4 months.

But my point was that if he fought MacDonald, it would be towards the end of 2011 or 2012 at the earliest.

Possibly one of the reasons he fights less frequently is that its harder and harder to come up with credible opponents for him to fight.

Exactly^^^ YOU DON'T FIGHT FOR THE BELT AFTER A DRAW

Get over it' date=' Fitch IS NOT fighting Georges when he recovers from his injury[/quote']

Tito Ortiz got a title shot and lost to Frank Shamrock then after the loss got another title shot against Wandy. You never know.

I too would like to see Condit get a title shot. But how long would a loss to Penn derail his shot dreams?

If he gets subed by BJ quickly, it would be a shame to have Condit have to then fight his way back, with a win over a legit top contender--Fitch, Shields, Hughes, Diaz, Alves.

Does anyone disagree?

Archived