What about multi-matchups

Furiousmat

I was thinking about it and to me this whole "gameplan" thing is getting a bit dumb.. as well as the long layoffs some fighters take just because they want to safeguard their titleshot. I mean... to me the idea of refusing a fight because you've got the titleshot in your pocket kinda goes against the whole idea of becoming a champion. The title is supposed to belong to the guy who's the best. If you really think you're the best you souldn't be worried that you're gonna lose your chance to get the title.

Because of that I think it'd be cool if the fighters weren't warned that much in advance before a title shot. Fighters should always get the fight on short notice like 2 weeks in advance. Now you're gonna tell me it wouldn't work because they couldn't promote the fights long enough.. And that is true. But what if the fights were promoted as a pair... just throwing it out there..

Like they could say Rashad, Tito, Jones and.. Machida.. will fight one night. They're all in the same mix but until a couple days before the fight they don't know who is gonna fight who. That would change a LOT of things.

First the fighters would have to train for themselves instead of just trying to train for 1 specific fighter. They would need to be as good as they can be and it would take away the idea of trying to win a fight without being the better fighter.

Then it would also give the UFC more options in the case someone gets injured.. They can just put someone else in the mix and no1 should really complain because no1 trained specificaly for this specific guy. Also it wouldn't guarantee anyone a title shot so if its the champ that gets injured in the monts before the fight the other guys wouldn't all pull off because maybe they were gonna be in a contention fight anyway and if they pull out they're screwed over anyways. Yet the fight could still be promoted based on the fighters themselves rather than some bullcrap fake rivalry. Like for example I'm guessing that it'd be very possible to promote an event by just saying that Cain Velasquez will be defending his title and naming 3 potential opponents without actually confirming which one of them will be fighting for the title.

But for those who do like the **** talk before a fight I'm sure there would still be some because some guys would just go all out and diss 1, 2 or even all 3 of the other guys.

And to even be more extreme what about revealing the matchups at the weigh-ins. That way if some ****** misses the weight they can just replace him without any problem.

just a thought.

I was thinking about it and to me this whole "gameplan" thing is getting a bit dumb.. as well as the long layoffs some fighters take just because they want to safeguard their titleshot. I mean... to me the idea of refusing a fight because you've got the titleshot in your pocket kinda goes against the whole idea of becoming a champion. The title is supposed to belong to the guy who's the best. If you really think you're the best you souldn't be worried that you're gonna lose your chance to get the title.

Because of that I think it'd be cool if the fighters weren't warned that much in advance before a title shot. Fighters should always get the fight on short notice like 2 weeks in advance. Now you're gonna tell me it wouldn't work because they couldn't promote the fights long enough.. And that is true. But what if the fights were promoted as a pair... just throwing it out there..

Like they could say Rashad' date=' Tito, Jones and.. Machida.. will fight one night. They're all in the same mix but until a couple days before the fight they don't know who is gonna fight who. That would change a LOT of things.

First the fighters would have to train for themselves instead of just trying to train for 1 specific fighter. They would need to be as good as they can be and it would take away the idea of trying to win a fight without being the better fighter.

Then it would also give the UFC more options in the case someone gets injured.. They can just put someone else in the mix and no1 should really complain because no1 trained specificaly for this specific guy. Also it wouldn't guarantee anyone a title shot so if its the champ that gets injured in the monts before the fight the other guys wouldn't all pull off because maybe they were gonna be in a contention fight anyway and if they pull out they're screwed over anyways. Yet the fight could still be promoted based on the fighters themselves rather than some bullcrap fake rivalry. Like for example I'm guessing that it'd be very possible to promote an event by just saying that Cain Velasquez will be defending his title and naming 3 potential opponents without actually confirming which one of them will be fighting for the title.

But for those who do like the **** talk before a fight I'm sure there would still be some because some guys would just go all out and diss 1, 2 or even all 3 of the other guys.

And to even be more extreme what about revealing the matchups at the weigh-ins. That way if some ****** misses the weight they can just replace him without any problem.

just a thought.[/quote']

They can blindfold the fighters and not take them off until they get into the cage..

Archived