Do you think these guys ever go 100% while sparring?

ASdaKing

It seems that every vid you ever see of training or sparring, you see the fighters going at or about 30 - 50%... I understand the reasoning behind not going 100%, injuries etc....has anyone heard of, or has a link to a full out sparring, i would love to know about it....seems like it would be awesome to see guys from these incredibly awesome gyms going balls to the walls ....before an actual fight

It seems that every vid you ever see of training or sparring' date=' you see the fighters going at or about 30 - 50%... I understand the reasoning behind not going 100%, injuries etc....has anyone heard of, or has a link to a full out sparring, i would love to know about it....seems like it would be awesome to see guys from these incredibly awesome gyms going balls to the walls ....before an actual fight[/quote']

Golden Glory Gym ;)

The risk of injury during all out sparring is so high that it would be foolish to do it. Often the vids we see are misleading because we're seeing them out of context. For instance, fighters will offen do 3-5 full rounds facing a new sparring partner for each new round. Sometimes we're seeing a fairly worn out fighter going up against a completely fresh sparring partner. We're seeing them work on their conditioning but they look slow or lackluster because of the previous exhausting work.

That's one of the reasons why I take training vids with a grain of salt.

The risk of injury during all out sparring is so high that it would be foolish to do it. Often the vids we see are misleading because we're seeing them out of context. For instance' date=' fighters will offen do 3-5 full rounds facing a new sparring partner for each new round. Sometimes we're seeing a fairly worn out fighter going up against a completely fresh sparring partner. We're seeing them work on their conditioning but they look slow or lackluster because of the previous exhausting work.

That's one of the reasons why I take training vids with a grain of salt.[/quote']

Exactly. You see what the fighter wants you to see.

They have a video on the web of Wanderlei going nuts on a guy hes training with and beat the crap out of him. Its a crazy video.

I also believe that some of these training vids are setup or staged for intimidation and fight hype purposes.

Going nuts on your sparring partner to the point of actually "beating the crap out of him" would be so disrespectful. I can't see any professional fighter doing that.

I also believe that some of these training vids are setup or staged for intimidation and fight hype purposes.

Going nuts on your sparring partner to the point of actually "beating the crap out of him" would be so disrespectful. I can't see any professional fighter doing that.

I would normally agree with you but I don't know this video looked pretty raw. .There is usually a high level of respect between fighters but maybe Wanderlei is a little hot headed.

i dont know, i never go full power or for the kill at sparring and you know why? 1: you are fckn tired because sparring was mostly at the end of your training, 2: I dont want to Ko my friend or to be Koed :D. 1 time i kicked a liver kick and than uper cut to my training partner and he droped to the ground LoL after that im trying to just spar more relaxed and never liver kicking because i know its fckn hurts badly,there was accident in our gym aswell when my friend whos like 2meters long and heavyweight kickboxer knocked some guy out with kick to the head and that guy almost died or smth he was all shaking we called ambulance.

Archived