Anthony Johnson vs Rory MacDonald

Me_Against_The_World

This might be the most exciting fight(for me anyways) at 170. Two young guys with a world of potential. I would take Rory via a very exciting UD

I actually would go out on a limb and say Johnson by unanimous decision or knockout. I don't see how Rory wins this , he can't stand with him and he shouldn't be able to stop most of his takedowns or get Rumble down. There's a SLIM chance of Rory submitting him.

Would be a interesting fight though , 2 very exciting , powerful and large WWs that are dangerous in multiple dimensions.

Rumble just needs to find his groove it's not too late for him to make a run for the title he has all the capabilities like him or not, he does need a better gym though AKA?

I actually would go out on a limb and say Johnson by unanimous decision or knockout. I don't see how Rory wins this ' date=' he can't stand with him and he shouldn't be able to stop most of his takedowns or get Rumble down. There's a SLIM chance of Rory submitting him.

Would be a interesting fight though , 2 very exciting , powerful and large WWs that are dangerous in multiple dimensions.

Rumble just needs to find his groove it's not too late for him to make a run for the title he has all the capabilities like him or not, he does need a better gym though AKA?[/quote']

Johnson is an athletic freak, and I still dont know how he manages to cut to 170. Would love to see a highlight reel of his and Rorys takedowns.

Johnson is an athletic freak' date=' and I still dont know how he manages to cut to 170. Would love to see a highlight reel of his and Rorys takedowns.[/quote']

I don't think Rory has more than a 50 or 60% chance against Pyle to be honest. I'm not trying to gloat or praise myself but I could slam Nate Diaz like Rory did , Nate is a small slim 155lber who isn't even a top 10 fighter a division below...The UFC forced him to stay at WW basically I hear.

Mike Pyle is so underrated and Rory has so much anticipation , I could see this being a huge upset in a decisive manner.

Now I'd love to see Rory vs Story or Rory vs Hathaway if he loses to Pyle....Someone who can wrestle atleast for **** sake.

I actually would go out on a limb and say Johnson by unanimous decision or knockout. I don't see how Rory wins this ' date=' he can't stand with him and he shouldn't be able to stop most of his takedowns or get Rumble down. There's a SLIM chance of Rory submitting him.

Rumble just needs to find his groove it's not too late for him to make a run for the title he has all the capabilities like him or not, he does need a better gym though AKA?[/quote']

He's actually training in Florida now with Rashad's and Tyrone Spong's team.

I don't think Rory has more than a 50 or 60% chance against Pyle to be honest. I'm not trying to gloat or praise myself but I could slam Nate Diaz like Rory did ' date=' Nate is a small slim 155lber who isn't even a top 10 fighter a division below...The UFC forced him to stay at WW basically I hear.

Mike Pyle is so underrated and Rory has so much anticipation , I could see this being a huge upset in a decisive manner.

Now I'd love to see Rory vs Story or Rory vs Hathaway if he loses to Pyle....Someone who can wrestle atleast for **** sake.[/quote']

this

mike already derailed a hype train time for another one

I don't think Rory has more than a 50 or 60% chance against Pyle to be honest. I'm not trying to gloat or praise myself but I could slam Nate Diaz like Rory did ' date=' Nate is a small slim 155lber who isn't even a top 10 fighter a division below...The UFC forced him to stay at WW basically I hear.

Now I'd love to see Rory vs Story or Rory vs Hathaway if he loses to Pyle....Someone who can wrestle atleast for **** sake.[/quote']

i highly doubt you can suplex nate like rory did, with him resisting and all

Pyle is great, but I think MacDonald is destined for great things. He looked fantastic against Condit, and has only gotten better. He didn't just throw Nate Diaz around, he dominated at every phase of MMA.

If Rory MacDonald fights Anthony Johnson, he will have his hands full, just as he will against Mike Pyle. Both Rumble and Pyle are no joke. They are for real.

Anthony has good wrestling but he normally likes to stand and bang, because wrestling is so hard exhausting, compared to banging.

But Rumble went to the ground against Dan Hardy, because that was the smartest, safest way to fight Dan. And it worked. Dan was rendered ineffective on the ground and lost. He now stands on the precipice with 3 straight losses to GSP, Condit and Rumble.

If Rory and Rumble rumble, I think the smartest, safest way for Rumble to fight him is to stand with him and bang. He IS a huge knockout artist. But in formulating his game-plan, I strongly suspect that young Rory will realize that he needs to take Anthony down to the matt and make the fight there. But are great on the ground.

All told, it would be a major battle, and I don't know who would take it. That's why MMA is so great. It's the not knowing that is so beautiful.

I'd also like to see young Rory fight--Story, Hathaway, Kampmann, Sanchez, Nick Diaz. If he beat Nick, he will be known as the Diaz Slayer. Get it? Deerslayer/Diaz Slayer?

Pyle is great' date=' but I think MacDonald is destined for great things. He looked fantastic against Condit, and has only gotten better. He didn't just throw Nate Diaz around, he dominated at every phase of MMA.[/quote']

Well....Nate can't knock nobody out , let alone a guy who outweighs him by 30+lbs and has a longer reach....

It wasnt like you should expect anything less that utter domination in this scenario.

hopefully that team is hands on ' date=' one on one sparing with spong and rashad would do worlds of help for him....they are all about the same size.

It's nice to see you not being a ***** when responding for once man.[/quote']

**** you

They both have a wrestling base, but I feel that if this fight ever happens, Rory's cardio will outwork Johnson and beat him by Submission or Decision.

Both of their striking is pretty dynamic and Rory was as close as possible to outstriking Condit, that says a lot. I would actually pick Rory to win. His base is strong as hell, and he is a stocked up WW as well. I don't really see Johnson being able to bully him, I just see Johnson getting tagged and being broken.

Archived