Palhares submits Mayhem in sparring.

JP24

I think Mayhem is going to get whooped by Bisping realistically...

Sparring is not fighting or even comparable in a lot of ways.

Treestump is the man and so underrated though.

Yeah' date=' the key is that it's only sparring, so anything could happen in an actual fight, but that was pretty rad. I still got Mayhem over Bisping.

damn, cant wait to see him fight again

I know. I used to be saying Dan will beat Paul Harris, but I think my opinion has been swayed.

Yeah' date=' the key is that it's only sparring, so anything could happen in an actual fight, but that was pretty rad. I still got Mayhem over Bisping.

I know. I used to be saying Dan will beat Paul Harris, but I think my opinion has been swayed.[/quote']

I have a hard time seeing Palhares not finding the submission. I think he's more dangerous on the ground than Maia for a few reasons.

Better takedown defense.

Better control in my opinion on the ground due to his immense strength.

Nobody is used to his body type , 5'8 190-195lbs fight night is like a cement filled treestump.

He has a lot of leg lock variations which are rarely attempted or trained for and against.

He's extremely aggressive with his submissions , very confident.

Better takedown offense.

Maybe I'm crazy but I have Palhares more dangerous on the ground.

I have a hard time seeing Palhares not finding the submission. I think he's more dangerous on the ground than Maia for a few reasons.

Better takedown defense.

Better control in my opinion on the ground due to his immense strength.

Nobody is used to his body type ' date=' 5'8 190-195lbs fight night is like a cement filled treestump.

He has a lot of leg lock variations which are rarely attempted or trained for and against.

He's extremely aggressive with his submissions , very confident.

Better takedown offense.

Maybe I'm crazy but I have Palhares more dangerous on the ground.[/quote']

Maia vs. Palhares should happen in the near future then.

If Palhares wins and Maia wins their next fight....Why the hell not? I'd really be excited for that fight like I am for BJ Penn vs Condit or Ellenberger vs Shields.

I can't see them giving Maia a super tough guy after losing to Munoz, so I bet he'll win.

I got Paul Harris over Miller now, so I think they'll win both their fights.

BUT, I think Maia would win.

I can't see them giving Maia a super tough guy after losing to Munoz' date=' so I bet he'll win.

I got Paul Harris over Miller now, so I think they'll win both their fights.

BUT, I think Maia would win.[/quote']

I would expect most to believe Maia would win.

Coming from the guy who calls people dumb for thinking Vitor would have a chance against Shogun , because he' thinks vitor is garbage ;)

I would expect most to believe Maia would win.

Coming from the guy who calls people dumb for thinking Vitor would have a chance against Shogun ' date=' because he' thinks vitor is garbage ;)[/quote']

Vitor's not garbage, he's just as garbage as everyone thinks Rua is though...

If Palhares wins and Maia wins their next fight....Why the hell not? I'd really be excited for that fight like I am for BJ Penn vs Condit or Ellenberger vs Shields.

But you guys all know how that would end up... at least one of them would avoid the ground and make it stay on the feet. I doubr wed see a great grappling battle.

Though it may only be training, when wrestling and grappling, most fighters tend to go all out. If it's sparring (punches and kicks included) that's when fighters only go 30-60% of their potential.

That was such a smooth transition from the RNC to the armbar. Palhares is such a beast! I'd like to see Palhares vs Jacare. . . It might happen one day of Jacare comes to the UFC. I think Palhares would beat him. . . but that's just me. I think Jacare's MMA BJJ is overrated.

*Edit*

If you think that's impressive, check this video out - Ben Akren rolling with Marcelo Garcia.

The ease in which Garcia is able to sweep, reverse, and submit Askren, a 2-time NCAA national wrestling champion and an Olympic wrestler, is amazing!

I'm sure B*tchping never loses at sparring' date=' so I guess everyone is right,:rolleyes: he'll win the fight for sure now that Mayhem got beat by a nobody sparring. And yes, I said he's a nobody.[/quote']

Your saying Palhares is a nobody at grappling?

lmfao if you are.

Though it may only be training' date=' when wrestling and grappling, most fighters tend to go all out. If it's sparring (punches and kicks included) that's when fighters only go 30-60% of their potential.

That was such a smooth transition from the RNC to the armbar. Palhares is such a beast! I'd like to see Palhares vs Jacare. . . It might happen one day of Jacare comes to the UFC. I think Palhares would beat him. . . but that's just me. I think Jacare's MMA BJJ is overrated.

*Edit*

If you think that's impressive, check this video out - Ben Akren rolling with Marcelo Garcia.

The ease in which Garcia is able to sweep, reverse, and submit Askren, a 2-time NCAA national wrestling champion and an Olympic wrestler, is amazing![/quote']

Askren is an arrogant prick, he has won a few fights, and is now saying he could take GSP! Behave!

I'm sure B*tchping never loses at sparring' date=' so I guess everyone is right,:rolleyes: he'll win the fight for sure now that Mayhem got beat by a nobody sparring. And yes, I said he's a nobody.[/quote']

I have no doubts that Miller will win but the guy he's rollin with is a beast, whats the matter? you mad bro?

Archived