UFC 129 DVD makes me mad

BondedByBlood

So I bought the DVD for UFC 129 yesterday and watched it, hoping to relive this epic event, for the reasons that I wanted to relive it other than the actual fights themselves.

Well I was thoroughly disappointed. Here's why.

For me personally, the entire viewing of a UFC PPV includes Joe and Mike being shown on screen at the beginning and talking about the fights on the card, the fighter walk outs and the fighter introductions by Bruce inside the octagon.

I watched Disc 2, because I hadn't seen the undercard fights, except the 2 that were on Spike. Instead of having the fighter walk outs, and introductions, they just cut right to the Tale of The Tape, and then Bruce saying..."And when the action begins, the referee in charge of the octagon is (insert name)". So I figured....that's ok, this will only be the case for the undercard fights.

So I put on Disc 1 to watch the PPV, and right after the warrior UFC theme song, they have a camera showing the crowd which was normal, but it skips the whole Mike and Joe talking with the octagon behind them, and cuts right to the rules, and then to the tale of the tape for the Bocek vs Henderson fight. No walk outs with their music playing or anything like that. Not even the introductions by Bruce. Just straight to the fight.

WTF is that?? Many people may not like the walk outs and introductions cuz they take too long, but I want to see the original event. The walk outs and introductions are a part of the whole experience.

The same thing happened for the Matyushenko vs Brilz fight. Then comes the Couture vs Machida fight. Oh....look what I see, I see Machida doing his walk out, but what music am I listening to?? Certainly not the one that he walked out to when I watched it the first time. This just pissed me off even more, cuz that means the company or guy who did the audio(Kill The Messenger) decided it would be a good idea to put other music over the fighters original song choice.

I wanted to see Randy walk out to Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider. It was such an epic final walk out for a legend, and that song playing just made it more epic. Instead, you can only hear it just a tad, with this other retarded music playing over it. Why did whoever did this, think it would be a good idea?? It's soooooooooo lame. This happened for the other 2 fights as well.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE ORIGINAL SONGS THAT WERE PLAYED DURING THE ORIGINAL PPV BROADCAST. THE FIGHTERS CHOSE THOSE SONGS FOR A REASON.

So at the end of the event, I also like watching Joe and Mike talk about what transpired, and their thoughts, etc.....

That was also edited out.

DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED DURING THE ORIGINAL PPV BROADCAST. JUST DONT DO IT. THERE'S NO POINT. LEAVE IT ALONE. JUST PUT THE EVENT AS IS ON DVD. THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL. IT'S LESS WORK FOR THE PERSON ANYWAYS. STOP!!

This was the first DVD I bought' date=' and only cuz I have lived in Ontario all my life, the event was in Ontario, and because it was such a big event. I didn't know these issues were going to happen. If I did, I wouldn't have bought it.[/quote']

Alright you learned your lesson.

Ahoy be a pirate matey.

So I bought the DVD for UFC 129 yesterday and watched it' date=' hoping to relive this epic event, for the reasons that I wanted to relive it other than the actual fights themselves.

For me personally, the entire viewing of a UFC PPV includes Joe and Mike being shown on screen at the beginning and talking about the fights on the card, the fighter walk outs and the fighter introductions by Bruce inside the octagon.

I watched Disc 2, because I hadn't seen the undercard fights, except the 2 that were on Spike. Instead of having the fighter walk outs, and introductions, they just cut right to the Tale of The Tape, and then Bruce saying..."And when the action begins, the referee in charge of the octagon is (insert name)". So I figured....that's ok, this will only be the case for the undercard fights.

So I put on Disc 1 to watch the PPV, and right after the warrior UFC theme song, they have a camera showing the crowd which was normal, but it skips the whole Mike and Joe talking with the octagon behind them, and cuts right to the rules, and then to the tale of the tape for the Bocek vs Henderson fight. No walk outs with their music playing or anything like that. Not even the introductions by Bruce. Just straight to the fight.

WTF is that?? Many people may not like the walk outs and introductions cuz they take too long, but I want to see the original event. The walk outs and introductions are a part of the whole experience.

The same thing happened for the Matyushenko vs Brilz fight. Then comes the Couture vs Machida fight. Oh....look what I see, I see Machida doing his walk out, but what music am I listening to?? Certainly not the one that he walked out to when I watched it the first time. This just pissed me off even more, cuz that means the company or guy who did the audio(Kill The Messenger) decided it would be a good idea to put other music over the fighters original song choice.

I wanted to see Randy walk out to Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider. It was such an epic final walk out for a legend, and that song playing just made it more epic. Instead, you can only hear it just a tad, with this other retarded music playing over it. Why did whoever did this, think it would be a good idea?? It's soooooooooo lame. This happened for the other 2 fights as well.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE ORIGINAL SONGS THAT WERE PLAYED DURING THE ORIGINAL PPV BROADCAST. THE FIGHTERS CHOSE THOSE SONGS FOR A REASON.

So at the end of the event, I also like watching Joe and Mike talk about what transpired, and their thoughts, etc.....

DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED DURING THE ORIGINAL PPV BROADCAST. JUST DONT DO IT. THERE'S NO POINT. LEAVE IT ALONE. JUST PUT THE EVENT AS IS ON DVD. THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL. IT'S LESS WORK FOR THE PERSON ANYWAYS. STOP!![/quote']

haha just go to a good torrent site and dl a 720p of the event voila.

So I bought the DVD for UFC 129 yesterday and watched it' date=' hoping to relive this epic event, for the reasons that I wanted to relive it other than the actual fights themselves.

DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED DURING THE ORIGINAL PPV BROADCAST. JUST DONT DO IT. THERE'S NO POINT. LEAVE IT ALONE. JUST PUT THE EVENT AS IS ON DVD. THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL. IT'S LESS WORK FOR THE PERSON ANYWAYS. STOP!![/quote']

U mad Bro?

Btw, they dont put the original walk-out song, cuz the UFC doenst have the right for all the songs, simple has that.

I know I can download them, but I choose not to. I just don't bother with that stuff. Just like music. I buy cd's from the bands I like. I don't download. Like I said......this was the first and probably only DVD I was planning on buying. Now I know the reasons why I will for sure never be buying one again. I have already re-watched the fights from 129 on the net the day after the event, but I just wanted the DVD for the countdown show, the bonus material just for this event in particular, and for the walkouts, introductions, etc......

Anyways....it's all good.

I know I can download them' date=' but I choose not to. I just don't bother with that stuff. Just like music. I buy cd's from the bands I like. I don't download. Like I said......this was the first and probably only DVD I was planning on buying. Now I know the reasons why I will for sure never be buying one again. I have already re-watched the fights from 129 on the net the day after the event, but I just wanted the DVD for the countdown show, the bonus material just for this event in particular, and for the walkouts, introductions, etc......

Anyways....it's all good.[/quote']

Liar!!!

Archived