MMA fighters to Rugby.

Me_Against_The_World

This thread is about posting a fighter you'd like to see from MMA or ...The UFC go to Rugby and play , and then the next person comments on how they think he would do and posts a fighter they'd be interested in seeing and that's the cycle. I know lame...Anyways if you want to participate hop in.

Georges St. Pierre- All Blacks.

rubbish as you can not play rugby and always be safe' date=' also clothing is worn so his vaseline tactics would not work.

Brock Lesnar - Harlequins[/quote']

I actually think GSP would do well in Rugby , he'd be about 5'11 190-200lbs which is not undersized , I'm confident he's an extremely fast runner with great movement/agility. I don't think it's the sport for him though , he'd get injured 10x more than MMA I just think he has the capabilities.

I don't think Lesnar has the endurance or speed necessary to play rugby , but for the first 10 minutes or so of the game he could be a juggernaut on the field.

Matt Mitrione- Springbocks.

i think anyone who can be succesful in american football can be succesful in rugby, im english btw.

Lesnar is not slow at all and he is naturally big , you dont have to be fast enough to run the whole pitch in one go in rugby...lesnar would be a nightmare for opposition in scrums, he would be an amazing defensive player and im sure he can probably generate enough power to kick that ball a VERY long way.

any MMA fighter with a few years training. Brock Lesnar and Carwin props with , Todd Duffy and Dos Santos locks, Fedor and Cain flanks with . Gonzaga in at hooker, he migth not be able to throw straight though , but maybe with a bit of practise.

Backs

half back :> Jose aldo, 1st 5 :> dominique Cruz, centre :> grey maynard, wings :> Anderson Silva and Jon Jones. Full Back Machida lol.

i think anyone who can be succesful in american football can be succesful in rugby' date=' im english btw.

Lesnar is not slow at all and he is naturally big , you dont have to be fast enough to run the whole pitch in one go in rugby...lesnar would be a nightmare for opposition in scrums, he would be an amazing defensive player and im sure he can probably generate enough power to kick that ball a VERY long way.[/quote']

any MMA fighter with a few years training.

You are both crazy in my opinion , Rugby takes a lot more skill that Football in my opinion and theres a large majority of MMA fighters who would never cut it in Rugby with all the training in the world.

i think anyone who can be succesful in american football can be succesful in rugby' date=' im english btw.

Lesnar is not slow at all and he is naturally big , you dont have to be fast enough to run the whole pitch in one go in rugby...lesnar would be a nightmare for opposition in scrums, he would be an amazing defensive player and im sure he can probably generate enough power to kick that ball a VERY long way.[/quote']

remember American football is stop start with like 20 seconds of action then stop, they dont need anywhere near as good cardio as rugby they need size and weight more

remember American football is stop start with like 20 seconds of action then stop' date=' they dont need anywhere near as good cardio as rugby they need size and weight more[/quote']

That's why everyone on the field are muscle bound monsters.....It's an entirely different sport. Not to say I don't think some could make the transition with great success I think the same applies to rugby aswell. I'd like to see Adrian Peterson play for a rugby team or Bryan Habana for a NFL team.

oh sht... i didnt realise this was MMA vs Rugby thread. You should really put that in your title . I just thought it was a fun thread about who you think would be a good rugby player. Its turning sour :(:( Thats not cool.

I know , it's tearing me apart inside :D

Want to help get this back on track?

Lorenz Larkin to play for Ireland -

You are both crazy in my opinion ' date=' Rugby takes a lot more skill that Football in my opinion and theres a large majority of MMA fighters who would never cut it in Rugby with all the training in the world.[/quote']

Rugby takes alot of skill, but in Football the players wear protection, so they hit at least 3 times harder! Also, they are all juiced, so they are the closest thing to Super Humans in sports.

This thread is about posting a fighter you'd like to see from MMA or ...The UFC go to Rugby and play ' date=' and then the next person comments on how they think he would do and posts a fighter they'd be interested in seeing and that's the cycle. I know lame...Anyways if you want to participate hop in.

[b']Georges St. Pierre- All Blacks.[/[/b]QUOTE] :eek:**** that ****. Though in saying that, teach any fighter under middleweight that is really quick anf has good wrestling how to pass a ball properly and i'd take him over Andy Ellis. I'd get Stefan Struve to bulk up a bit and put him into second row for Northampton. That height would be awesome in the lineouts

This thread is about posting a fighter you'd like to see from MMA or ...The UFC go to Rugby and play ' date=' and then the next person comments on how they think he would do and posts a fighter they'd be interested in seeing and that's the cycle. I know lame...Anyways if you want to participate hop in.

Georges St. Pierre- All Blacks.[/quote']

On a related topic, rugby is a very good base for mma, Hathaway is a natural talent, i guess a rugby base is our (UK) answer to an american wrestling base..

In realtion to your point, I think Hendo would do well in rugby, I think Frankie Edgar would make an excellent full back, Roy Nelson would be a good prop... lol, Jon Jones would be a good second row, him and Phi Davis should be the American national teams second row - they have the height and strength!

Archived