Overeem Cut

king_cillo

its also ruined the friggin HW tournament and im pretty pissed about it. I see the managements point of view. But pushing the fight to september the 10th was a pretty big ask. But in saying that, Sergai is fighting in the HW tournament AND against Overreem on October in a rubber match. So its not effecting Sergai. So Overeem maybe should of just said yes.

To be honest, Overeem should not have been in the tourney in the first place. The winner of the GP was to face Overeem for the title. So if the tourney is to determine a #1 contender, why is the champ in it? Bellator champs don't fight in their tourneys.

Having said that, it does make the remainder of the tourney a lot less exciting.

As for him being cut, WTF? You cut your champ because he pulled out of a fight (that he shouldn't have been in in the first place) with an injury? There must be something more to this than just the injury. Maybe this is Dana's way of guaranteeing that the Strikeforce brand doesn't live past the expiration of the Showtime deal. They've already poached Nick Diaz, now Overeem is gone.

To be honest' date=' Overeem should not have been in the tourney in the first place. The winner of the GP was to face Overeem for the title. So if the tourney is to determine a #1 contender, why is the champ in it? Bellator champs don't fight in their tourneys.

Having said that, it does make the remainder of the tourney a lot less exciting.

As for him being cut, WTF? You cut your champ because he pulled out of a fight (that he shouldn't have been in in the first place) with an injury? There must be something more to this than just the injury. Maybe this is Dana's way of guaranteeing that the Strikeforce brand doesn't live past the expiration of the Showtime deal. They've already poached Nick Diaz, now Overeem is gone.[/quote']

It has to be some kind of breach of contract i can think of nothing else. If they fired people for an injury there would be a hell of alot of fired fighters especially lately. Not to mention it defies all logic of running a mma business. Fighters get injured that is fact. Also Dana didn't seem to care when asked about reems injury so it has to be something else i think.

Right now even though it's reported on mma sites all over Strikeforce has been silent to comment either way so im taking it with a pinch of salt until we hear further news. Then again i think they would just debunk it outright if it was false.

All the sources say it was Strikeforce that cut him' date=' Also it's not up to Zuffa to cut anyone they are just the parent company.[/quote']

Keyword parent company. They own the contracts and if that was breached they can cut whoever they see fit to.

I could be wrong though....

Archived