Overeem to come to ufc?

King_Can

I am not sure of this' date=' but I heard a rumor that he was signed by a Russian MMA organization and is fighting sometime in October in Moscow. His opponent is yet to be decided though. [/font']:confused:

Yeah Zerk posted an article about that in the thread about nothing in the outside UFC section.

If SF cut him' date=' I am thinking that Zuffa cut him and he isn't going to the UFC. But hopefully I am wrong.[/quote']

... I think its obvious that we will not see him in SF or UFC -

the tournament was the opportunity of a lifetime, he could have

silenced the critics & wrote his own mma/ K1 ticket - it would

be better to lose the tourney & be carried out on your shield than

take the duck-path he chose !

the tournament was the opportunity of a lifetime' date=' he could have

take the duck-path he chose ![/quote']

I agree, I can't believe I defended him last week!

the tournament was the opportunity of a lifetime' date=' he could have

take the duck-path he chose ![/quote']

well it's no secret that dana wants all the sf champs in the ufc now... And strikeforce cut him, not zuffa. Maybe there is something the fans don't know.

p.s if Reem comes to the ufc, expect Gilbert very soon.

No way he signs with UFC after this in my opinion. They cut their own HW champion even when he can prove he is injured. That's ****ing pathetic. I wouldn't blame him if he never signs with Zuffa again because they think they can just make a fighter take a fight even if they are injured and when they don't they get all shiitty with them.

His injury was legit: broken rib--> http://www.thereem.com/ watch episode 5 @ 12:14

I believe the reason why he was cut is that he was talking about fighting in other organisations and boxing Klitschko. His mouth got himself in trouble, although I do want to see him fight the tournament winner.

inb4: account is 1 year old with only 4 posts

His injury was legit: broken rib--> http://www.thereem.com/ watch episode 5 @ 12:14

I believe the reason why he was cut is that he was talking about fighting in other organisations and boxing Klitschko. His mouth got himself in trouble' date=' although I do want to see him fight the tournament winner.

[/quote']

the "rumor" is that he has already signed w/ a Russian promotion,

That's why I wrote that it was a rumor I found. Go check his biography on wikipedia. (^_^)

Its no rumour its confirmed,he is fighting in moscow,his opponent hasnt been named yet,sergie is on the card also but i doubt they'll fight each other.

Overeem refused to fight then went straight to other orgs looking for fights,rather than in strikeforce or the ufc,zuffa have exercised their right to terminate his last fight.

Rumour is that sergie has come under fire for this too,but unlike overeem he's still fighting in the gp,more problems with barnett getting licensed and werdum has been told to keep training as he may have to step in.

Overeem i can live with being out,but sergie and barnett too? **** that!!

zuffa strikes from behind, its very weak move by them, first dana saying they has 1 fight left on the contract next day they cuting him, same day overeem goes to the doctors and comes with backup (3 injuries) did he broke his own rib at the morning by himself? :D

There has to be some sneaky corporate crap going on here' date=' there is no way SF would cut their #3 ranked in the world champion over a broken toe/elbow or whatever argument.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a scheme to force Overeem into the UFC.[/quote']

He's fighting for another Org in October... Maybe he just quit and decided he wanted to fight some easy guys instead of lose to Bigfoot.

I believe the reason why he was cut is that he was talking about fighting in other organisations and boxing Klitschko. His mouth got himself in trouble' date=' although I do want to see him fight the tournament winner.

inb4: account is 1 year old with only 4 posts[/quote']

Diaz did the same **** and was rewarded a title fight for it! :confused:

Dana also said in recent interviews that Overeem was injured and he was not at all upset about the situation.

His words.... "If I got mad every time a guy got injured and pulled out of a fight I would be pissed all the time."

So the million dollar question is..... Why the f*ck did they cut him?????

Sounds like he is going after money. I don't know why any organization wouldn't sign him to an exclusive contract. That would make more sense, as his open ended contract could make it so that he misses appearances for a promotion due to an injury at another organization. I don't blame Coker for cutting ties with him, as he accepted a booking a month after the September date that Strikeforce had him signed for to begin with. I don't think he was going to win that tournament anyways. I actually think that the guy that beat Arlovski is gonna win it.

No matter it's only a matter of time before Overeem goes to UFC, and I don't think he's going to beat up the JDS/Cain/Mir train. He will most likely get either KO'ed by those guys or get taken down at will.

I was wondering this myself, I've only just seen that he was released from SF.

I don't think he will be coming to the UFC anytime soon but imagine he will make his way over at some point. Probably go on a short win streak untill he comes up against a top 5 HW. I don't realisticly see him beating any of the UFC top 5.

JDS would beat him standing, Cain would do good standing but i imagine both him and Lesnar could take him down at will.

If he can't stop Lesnars takedowns he won't last long against them hammerfists. He could potentially do well against Carwin but sooner or later Carwin lands a big right and puts him on his ***. Mir tries to stand, and either gets knocked down only to submit him, or gets a nice hip toss when Overeem clinches and subs him.

well it's no secret that dana wants all the sf champs in the ufc now... And strikeforce cut him' date=' not zuffa. Maybe there is something the fans don't know.

p.s if Reem comes to the ufc, [b']expect Gilbert very soon[/b].

And expect gilbert to be the new LW champ.

Diaz did the same **** and was rewarded a title fight for it! :confused:

Dana also said in recent interviews that Overeem was injured and he was not at all upset about the situation.

His words.... "If I got mad every time a guy got injured and pulled out of a fight I would be pissed all the time."

So the million dollar question is..... Why the f*ck did they cut him?????

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Overeem fan, but Diaz doesn't **** up a main event. People had high expectations from the Werdum fight. They wanted Reem to dominate it, but he didn't after 2-3 years of absence in SF WHILE he was a champ.

After a dissapointing performance, he decided to leave the tournament, because he believed he didn't have enough time to rest from his last fight and train for the next. Such actions can piss some guys off, like Dana White. While we haven't heard of Dana, I believe he certainly isn't happy with the situation. DW had some respect for Overeem, he said that before. But he also had respect for Paul Daley, before Daley decided to suckerpunch Koscheck. After that Daley got cut.

Before Tod Duffee fought Overeem at Dream for a HW title, he fought in the UFC. Duffee showed no respect to Zuffa by fighting outside of the UFC. Dana got mad at Duffee for doing this and the guy is cut from the UFC. Overeem is apparantly doing the same thing and that might have pissed of Dana. Dana says he has nothing to do with SF, but I believe he does. I believe he is involved with this and caused Overeem to be cut from the SF-roster.

Too bad he's gone, I love his fights, but I support SF/Zuffa's decision. They showed Overeem that he can't mess around with no more and he deserved it. Maybe he will join the UFC, I hope so, but I have a feeling that will never happen.

No way he signs with UFC after this in my opinion. They cut their own HW champion even when he can prove he is injured. That's ****ing pathetic. I wouldn't blame him if he never signs with Zuffa again because they think they can just make a fighter take a fight even if they are injured and when they don't they get all shiitty with them.

this^

it's bs that they would cut him when he has proof of an injury...

Don't get me wrong' date=' I'm a Overeem fan, but Diaz doesn't **** up a main event. People had high expectations from the Werdum fight. They wanted Reem to dominate it, but he didn't after 2-3 years of absence in SF WHILE he was a champ.

After a dissapointing performance, he decided to leave the tournament, because he believed he didn't have enough time to rest from his last fight and train for the next. Such actions can piss some guys off, like Dana White. While we haven't heard of Dana, I believe he certainly isn't happy with the situation. DW had some respect for Overeem, he said that before. But he also had respect for Paul Daley, before Daley decided to suckerpunch Koscheck. After that Daley got cut.

Before Tod Duffee fought Overeem at Dream for a HW title, he fought in the UFC. Duffee showed no respect to Zuffa by fighting outside of the UFC. Dana got mad at Duffee for doing this and the guy is cut from the UFC. Overeem is apparantly doing the same thing and that might have pissed of Dana. Dana says he has nothing to do with SF, but I believe he does. I believe he is involved with this and caused Overeem to be cut from the SF-roster.

Too bad he's gone, I love his fights, but I support SF/Zuffa's decision. They showed Overeem that he can't mess around with no more and he deserved it. Maybe he will join the UFC, I hope so, but I have a feeling that will never happen.[/quote']

bro Duffee got cut before he fought outside the UFC... The UFC signs exclusive contracts if he fought outside the UFC while signed to them he would be sued for breach of contract or something...

bro Duffee got cut before he fought outside the UFC... The UFC signs exclusive contracts if he fought outside the UFC while signed to them he would be sued for breach of contract or something...

Pardon me for that, but DW cut him for the same reason I said before:

Not the right attitude, didn't wanna fight in the UFC etc

Archived