How do MMA Gyms Work for Pro Fighters?

Hammer_Down

This is just something I was wondering about if anyone has knowledge on the subject. MMA gyms cost about $200 a month for a membership for normal people taking classes, but for aspiring pro fighters who initially make next to nothing in their fight careers how are they able to pay gyms?

Take someone like a Jon Fitch who just went from Purdue with practically nothing to AKA all the way in San Jose. Did AKA ask him for probably how much his food and rent costs combined to train there for hours a day? I understand most do not fight full time and hold another job starting out, but the period of financial hardship must dissuade some people from becoming fighters. What happens if you get an injury? Is anyone going to help cover for that? Starting out you probably only make $10,000 fighting in a year.

Obviously everything works out when you're on top but its not like the NFL and NBA where you start out with millions as a rookie. How do gyms and aspiring fighters compromise?

This is just something I was wondering about if anyone has knowledge on the subject. MMA gyms cost about $200 a month for a membership for normal people taking classes' date=' but for aspiring pro fighters who initially make next to nothing in their fight careers how are they able to pay gyms?

Take someone like a Jon Fitch who just went from Purdue with practically nothing to AKA all the way in San Jose. Did AKA ask him for probably how much his food and rent costs combined to train there for hours a day? I understand most do not fight full time and hold another job starting out, but the period of financial hardship must dissuade some people from becoming fighters. What happens if you get an injury? Is anyone going to help cover for that? Starting out you probably only make $10,000 fighting in a year.

Obviously everything works out when you're on top but its not like the NFL and NBA where you start out with millions as a rookie. How do gyms and aspiring fighters compromise?[/quote']

You have to have a job and devote your free time to MMA. Its like having 2 full time jobs if your really serious about chasing a dream.:cool: By the way I pay 60 dollars a month for my mma program. I got really lucky because this program has small classes and a legit teacher. Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxxing, Ground and Pound, grappling and then open mat on Sat. Its a great program in Colorado Springs, CO;)

You have to have a job and devote your free time to MMA. Its like having 2 full time jobs if your really serious about chasing a dream.:cool: By the way I pay 60 dollars a month for my mma program. I got really lucky because this program has small classes and a legit teacher. Muay Thai' date=' BJJ, Boxxing, Ground and Pound, grappling and then open mat on Sat. Its a great program in Colorado Springs, CO;)[/quote']

nice

for how long have you been training

btw i dont about mma but i pay 30 euros a month for bjj

This is just something I was wondering about if anyone has knowledge on the subject. MMA gyms cost about $200 a month for a membership for normal people taking classes' date=' but for aspiring pro fighters who initially make next to nothing in their fight careers how are they able to pay gyms?

Take someone like a Jon Fitch who just went from Purdue with practically nothing to AKA all the way in San Jose. Did AKA ask him for probably how much his food and rent costs combined to train there for hours a day? I understand most do not fight full time and hold another job starting out, but the period of financial hardship must dissuade some people from becoming fighters. What happens if you get an injury? Is anyone going to help cover for that? [b']Starting out you probably only make $10,000 fighting in a year.

[/b]

Obviously everything works out when you're on top but its not like the NFL and NBA where you start out with millions as a rookie. How do gyms and aspiring fighters compromise?

no, just stop. unless its in the ufc, or you dont have a big name from doing somthing else. your making like a grand or 2 and you prolly had to win every fight.

Archived