What does your username mean?

JP24

Im a New York guy born and bred here, and also as you could tell a mma fan so seeing MMA grace the garden would be a culmination of two things i love. So it would be a dream of mine to see it happen. And the two is because my first account which i had almost a 1,000 posts on wasn't working.

Mine is just a little way to poke fun at myself.

I've only been seriously watching the sport for 2 1/2 years or so. So, I'd say that makes me a NOOB. I used to only casually watch it whenever I would come across reruns on Spike or Showtime.

JP24 is my initials and my favorite number... Do not ask why 24 is my favorite number' date=' I have no idea myself. :D[/quote']

Fan of Michael Jordan by any chance? That was his number.

My name is a song from Dead Prez called Walk Like A Warrior. I do a lot of walking also, I dont have a car so that's how I get around. I usually walk 45 mins to get to my MMA classes then train for 2 hours and walk back for 45 mins about 5 days a week. And I like to think of myself as a Warrior and I try to live and train like one. Also 707 is my area code, Bay Area baby!!!!

My name is a song from Dead Prez called Walk Like A Warrior. I do a lot of walking also' date=' I dont have a car so that's how I get around. I usually walk 45 mins to get to my MMA classes then train for 2 hours and walk back for 45 mins about 5 days a week. And I like to think of myself as a Warrior and I try to live and train like one. Also 707 is my area code, Bay Area baby!!!![/quote']

M.J.'s number was 23. :)

My name is a song from Dead Prez called Walk Like A Warrior. I do a lot of walking also' date=' I dont have a car so that's how I get around. I usually walk 45 mins to get to my MMA classes then train for 2 hours and walk back for 45 mins about 5 days a week. And I like to think of myself as a Warrior and I try to live and train like one. Also 707 is my area code, Bay Area baby!!!![/quote']

Kobe is 24 how do you not know that if you're from the Bay?

Mine is just a little way to poke fun at myself.

I've only been seriously watching the sport for 2 1/2 years or so. So' date=' I'd say that makes me a NOOB. I used to only casually watch it whenever I would come across reruns on Spike or Showtime.[/quote']

Yeah, same here, really.

M.J.'s number was 23. :)

lol Epic fail!!!

His was 23 but its a easy mistake NBD

Mostly because Mastodon is the ****.

909988.jpg

But there's also a little backstory to it.

My friends in Highschool always used to poke fun at me for how big I was. (6'3, 230 lbs.)

So they decided that referring to me as giant extinct animals would be fun. Names like Pat the Brontosaurus, Pat the T. Rex, Pat the woooly Mammoth, and the like.

I always liked how Pat the Mastodon sounded, so, I went with it.

Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus (Latin: TI?SEMPRONIVS?TI?F?P?N?GRACCVS) (b.168-163 BC d.133 BC) was a Roman politician of the 2nd century BC and brother of Gaius Gracchus. As a plebeian tribune, his reforms of agrarian legislation caused political turmoil in the Republic. These reforms threatened the holdings of rich landowners in Italy. He was murdered, along with many of his supporters, by members of the Roman Senate and supporters of the conservative Optimate faction. - Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius_Gracchus

Mines pretty obvious

I'm a Russian who loves water polo

Thank God!! People somehow get this idea that I'm Australian and love MMA' date=' no idea where they get that from:mad:[/quote']

:D ^

Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus (Latin: TI?SEMPRONIVS?TI?F?P?N?GRACCVS) (b.168-163 BC d.133 BC) was a Roman politician of the 2nd century BC and brother of Gaius Gracchus. As a plebeian tribune' date=' his reforms of agrarian legislation caused political turmoil in the Republic. These reforms threatened the holdings of rich landowners in Italy. He was murdered, along with many of his supporters, by members of the Roman Senate and supporters of the conservative Optimate faction. - Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius_Gracchus[/quote']

Well thought, but something tells me you picked the name just cuz it sounded cool. :P :D

Well thought, but something tells me you picked the name just cuz it sounded cool.

Yeah it's grown on me over the years. Most people assume it refers to the Roman emperor Tiberius (Latin: Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus) but yeah it refers to the Gracchi.

Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus (Latin: TI?SEMPRONIVS?TI?F?P?N?GRACCVS) (b.168-163 BC d.133 BC) was a Roman politician of the 2nd century BC and brother of Gaius Gracchus. As a plebeian tribune' date=' his reforms of agrarian legislation caused political turmoil in the Republic. These reforms threatened the holdings of rich landowners in Italy. He was murdered, along with many of his supporters, by members of the Roman Senate and supporters of the conservative Optimate faction. - Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius_Gracchus[/quote']

I always think of that old game Tiberian Sun when I see your name.

i already used the "i can't figure out what my name means" so i'll just say that it was obviously a coded message machine thingy used in ww2 for naval co-ordination. however the code was incapable of being decoded, the reason allied forces were able to decode it was because of operator mistakes, captured hardware and key tables etc, they could not decode it just by studying the message itself.

it is thought that the germans overconfidence in the machine shortened the war by two years.

as you can see it has absolutely nothing to do with me :D

Archived