Sign in to follow this  
One_Winner

Does Being In The UFC HOF Mean Anything Anymore

I saw the discussion about whether or not Chris Lytle deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Well what pisses me off is that they put that guy from tapout into the hall of fame who never even fought in the UFC, so I think Lytle who has had 20 fights deserves to be in it more than that guy

Who cares though, I guess anyone has the right to be in it since that Tapout fool is there.

Maybe they should make a new hall of fame for people who actually deserves to be there. Then we can discuss whether Lytle deserves his place or not. As of right now though, I think it would be disrespectful to put Lytle in the same hall of fame as that guy from Tapout.

I saw the discussion about whether or not Chris Lytle deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Well what pisses me off is that they put that guy from tapout into the hall of fame who never even fought in the UFC' date=' so I think Lytle who has had 20 fights deserves to be in it more than that guy

Who cares though, I guess anyone has the right to be in it since that Tapout fool is there.

Maybe they should make a new hall of fame for people who actually deserves to be there. Then we can discuss whether Lytle deserves his place or not. As of right now though, I think it would be disrespectful to put Lytle in the same hall of fame as that guy from Tapout.[/quote']

I just keep my own personal HOF in my head, and disregard the UFC HOF. XD

youre an idiot. tapout has been a HUGE part of making mma popular. he deserves to be in there more than some of the fighters that are in there. its about more than just who had the best fights. its also about who and what, had a part in making the ufc the big time company that it is today

Well what pisses me off is that they put that guy from tapout into the hall of fame who never even fought in the UFC' date=' so I think Lytle who has had 20 fights deserves to be in it more than that guy

Maybe they should make a new hall of fame for people who actually deserves to be there. Then we can discuss whether Lytle deserves his place or not. As of right now though, I think it would be disrespectful to put Lytle in the same hall of fame as that guy from Tapout.[/quote']

the most idiotic thing i have heard in my life

do you know the names of anyone on the ufc production team? no. do you know his? yes. therefore, a man who died, after helping put the sport on the map, deserves it a bit more. its called respect. something you apparently lack

do you know the names of anyone on the ufc production team? no. do you know his? yes. therefore' date=' a man who died, after helping put the sport on the map, deserves it a bit more. its called respect. something you apparently lack[/quote']

Every fighter atm is helping put the sport on the map. So because they're not dead they don't deserve to get in?

do you know the names of anyone on the ufc production team? no. do you know his? yes. therefore' date=' a man who died, after helping put the sport on the map, deserves it a bit more. its called respect. something you apparently lack[/quote']

Weak response. Obvious troll is obvious.

I agree with you 100% lol.

But WAR Ben Henderson.

You seem to be a Bendo fan. He looked very impressive last night, do you think he could do that against a guy like Maynard, another big, strong wrestler?

Yes, the lightweight division doesn't have the stand-out fighters like other divisions have. Maynard just drew with the champ but he also barely got by Nate Diaz not long before it.

Bendo would at the very least give him a tough fight.

see, you know something is wrong if youre siding with a guy who says gsp is more exciting than bendo. haha. and im no troll. im not saying people who arent dead dont deserve to be in it. im saying he died, and that is part of the reason they honored him with a spot in the ufc hof. respect obviously isnt in your vocabulary

see' date=' you know something is wrong if youre siding with a guy who says gsp is more exciting than bendo. haha. and im no troll. im not saying people who arent dead dont deserve to be in it. im saying he died, and that is part of the reason they honored him with a spot in the ufc hof. respect obviously isnt in your vocabulary[/quote']

There are other ways to respect him.

see' date=' you know something is wrong if youre siding with a guy who says gsp is more exciting than bendo. haha. and im no troll. im not saying people who arent dead dont deserve to be in it. im saying he died, and that is part of the reason they honored him with a spot in the ufc hof. respect obviously isnt in your vocabulary[/quote']

Should everyone on the UFC production team be in the HOF also. If you say no then you have no respect son.

By the way, stop trollin tough guy.

Yes' date=' the lightweight division doesn't have the stand-out fighters like other divisions have. Maynard just drew with the champ but he also barely got by Nate Diaz not long before it.

Bendo would at the very least give him a tough fight.[/quote']

I think Bendo matches up better against Frankie. Maynard, I think, is too strong.

I think Bendo matches up better against Frankie. Maynard' date=' I think, is too strong.[/quote']

I think Maynard would be the best fight for Bendo. Edgar outwrestled Maynard last time and was just as strong as him. Hes not as big but he is just as strong of a wrestler but alot quicker. Also I think he is the better striker and it would be easier for Bendo to pick off Maynard because of Edgars footwork and speed.

Maynard doesnt have the best takedown defence either. Bendo could catch him in a guillotine.

Tapout deserves to be in there because they were the main sponsors of the UFC and helped them grow through adversity. Just ask Dana.

Wtf does a fan like you know about what they have done?

youre an idiot. tapout has been a HUGE part of making mma popular. he deserves to be in there more than some of the fighters that are in there. its about more than just who had the best fights. its also about who and what' date=' had a part in making the ufc the big time company that it is today[/quote']

"he deserves to be in there more than some of the fighters that are in there"

The most idiotic thing I have heard in my life.

I guess he can be in the hall, since half of MMA is about selling T-shirts!

I think Maynard would be the best fight for Bendo. Edgar outwrestled Maynard last time and was just as strong as him. Hes not as big but he is just as strong of a wrestler but alot quicker. Also I think he is the better striker and it would be easier for Bendo to pick off Maynard because of Edgars footwork and speed.

Maynard doesnt have the best takedown defence either. Bendo could catch him in a guillotine.

That's a good point. Hopefully Bendo makes it far enough to where we can see that fight.

HOFs arent just dedicated to athletes.

A lot of times there are ballots for coaches, managers, refs, owners, reporters, play by play announcers, and general personalities that, in the case of Tapout, helped grow a sport from its dark days to the golden days.

What a stupid thread.

Expect Goldberg and Rogan to be HOFers

I could easily see coaches like Jackson in HOF.

and yes, even Dana White one day will step down and be entered into the HOF.

this

honor the dead. They put him in the HOF for all the help he did to grow the sport of mma. (which he did.)

also, why do you always start new threads about what happens in other threads?

post in that thread.

youre an idiot. tapout has been a HUGE part of making mma popular. he deserves to be in there more than some of the fighters that are in there. its about more than just who had the best fights. its also about who and what' date=' had a part in making the ufc the big time company that it is today[/quote']

i agree with this. the tapout brand was there from the beginning, and has helped the ufc get where it is today.

HOFs arent just dedicated to athletes.

A lot of times there are ballots for coaches' date=' managers, refs, owners, reporters, play by play announcers, and general personalities that, in the case of Tapout, helped grow a sport from its dark days to the golden days.

What a stupid thread.

Expect Goldberg and Rogan to be HOFers

I could easily see coaches like Jackson in HOF.

and yes, even Dana White one day will step down and be entered into the HOF.[/quote']

goldberg deserves to be in it because of his outrageous comments at times i know what ur saying about coaches like greg jackson but tbh i dont think they will ever be in it and why the hell aint big john mccarthy in the hof?

Well did that dude from tapout deserve it i dont think so but did lytle actually changed the sport or the mma "culture"? no. In a way i can see why a guy from tapout would be there. It still means something. Now if they start putting every cool dude in the hof then it will mean nothing.

I dislike the Tapout brand but c'mon think about it where would the UFC be without them? The UFC would be two steps behind today. Look at Jim Ross he isn't a professional wrestler but he's in the WWE HOF.

Yes remove him. If they want to respect and honor Mask then they should have made a memorial or something along those lines.

If the UFC wants to put someone in the HOF for helping the sport and then passing away then put Evan Tanner in there

At least Evan Tanner & Lytle should be in the UFC HOF

Who cares if Lytle didn't win a belt

He fought for he fans and actually holds the record for most fight night/sub awards

Just an average joe would could whoop a$$

I dislike the Tapout brand but c'mon think about it where would the UFC be without them? The UFC would be two steps behind today. Look at Jim Ross he isn't a professional wrestler but he's in the WWE HOF.

LoL Jim Ross ? WWE ?

. . .

Ok, just gotta say, when all of you are arguing back and forth about whether "the Tapout guy" belongs in the UFC HoF...

If you are arguing the dude belongs and you don't even know his name or throw it out there, how the **** do you figure he's done so much for the UFC?

I'm still trying to figure out how they got suckers to buy their ugly-*** shirts back in the day when their company was trying to get on its feet.

Charles Lewis does not belong in the UFC HoF. Did he help? Sure. Did other people do more? Hell yes.

But the UFC HoF isn't about really honoring the best, it's about polishing the company image and honoring Dana's cronies.

this is a joke right...yah mask needs to be in the hall...the only way you can say no is if you dont know what he did 4 the sport....1. his company was the first sponser of mma (first one that really gave money)..2. he gave money to the fighters coming up and all he asked was that they wear his shirts ufc vet arron reily used to train at the same gym as me (would not call us firends) and he always had good things to say of mask...mask helped him out when he could not pay his gym fees...3. HE WENT AND LOBBIED TO GET MMA LEGALIZED IN MANY STATES...those are 3 really big reason to get him in the hall...and hey other sport just dont have only athliets in their halls so why only mma

What credentials do you need to get into the hall of fame?

Who review said credentials?

What is your performance rated against?

the answer to ur questions are not clear...cuz no sport that has a hof has a certain standard besides not breaking thats sports rules and were they a good represntive 4 that sport...the only thing that really matters is the thoughts of the voting partys not fans...4 example...ppl though guys with less then 300 homeruns dont belong in the baseball hall...and yet there are many ppl like that (not ment 4 pitchers)...and barry bonds will never be in the hall and yet he is the all time leader in homeruns steroids is an issue but has he ever been cought with them

Jay raises some points though, if you read into his questions.

Major sports HoF like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, etc...have voting bodies of former players, coaches, reporters (etc) that go through nomination/elimination votes before settling on a HoF inductee group.

UFC's? Dana, Joe, Fertittas.

Lewis was inducted for being the victim of a lethal and tragic accident. After the UFC has been around longer, most likely the founding Tapout trio would be inducted regardless. Lewis' induction when it was made was a memorial/sympathetic gesture.

There are other iffy inductees as well. (Severn, Coleman, Liddell)

Honestly....has it ever? It hasn't been around long enough to have ever mattered yet...2 of the greatest fighters are still active....give it time and it will be worth a lot. I imagine the baseball hof was pretty lame while Babe Ruth was still playing.

I think Mask should be banned from the UFC HOF as well as the cage door for marketing to complete tool bags.

[ATTACH]3201[/ATTACH]

mask_490.jpg

To know your market, you have to be your market. Mask = tool