Stop Feeding Silva & GSP trash.....

JimmyYO

And make them fight each other. Seriously Okami?? And now GSP is getting a guy with a fake belt that has no TDD? They have contracts to fight, make them fight each other or at least move weight classes. This is getting old watching scrubs get dominated one after another and whats worse, idiot fans are making some of these horrible matchups happen.

I don't even care who wins the GSP v Diaz fight but if Diaz wins I'll close my account forever. That's how ridiculous this matchup is. It's almost like fans actually want to watch lay n pray...

They are both just that good. Look at how competitive those divisions are if you take GSP and Silva out of them. You cant even try to argue that both divisions are filled with cans. Anyone that would do that would just look retarded.

Id rather see Silva at LHW then him fight GSP. I think that if those 2 fought it would be a little one-sided with Silva getting the W.

I disagree. First off, the WW and MW division are not filled with cans. Both GSP and Anderson Silva are tremendous fighters and have been that way for years now. Do I think Anderson will win in a fight against GSP? Absolutely, but it isn't a given. GSP would pose a lot of problems for Silva.

If Silva fought at LHW, guys like Rampage and Evans are likely to get knocked out or submitted anyway. If he fought Jon Jones or Shogun, it would be interesting fights, as well, but what has Jones done considering he hasn't defended his belt even one time. Yet, people jump on the hype train. Shogun would be a good fight, but he is looking to become champion of the LHW division. Where as GSP and Anderson Silva have met all challengers.

I still think it would be an intriguing match, but both sides need to come to an agreement. Silva and Ed Soares have mentioned fighting at catchweights to help so that GSP does not have to wait so long to build up muscle mass. The window of opportunity for Silva is limited with his age, so it's just a shame that a once in a life time fighter can potentially be squandered.

Do we really want to see Anderson Silva knock out Sonnen the next time they fight? Come on. We know Silva will win. Do not underestimate GSP, especially with his track record.

And make them fight each other. Seriously Okami?? And now GSP is getting a guy with a fake belt that has no TDD? They have contracts to fight' date=' make them fight each other or at least move weight classes. This is getting old watching scrubs get dominated one after another and whats worse, idiot fans are making some of these horrible matchups happen.

I don't even care who wins the GSP v Diaz fight but if Diaz wins I'll close my account forever. That's how ridiculous this matchup is. It's almost like fans actually want to watch lay n pray...[/quote']

GSP is terrified of Silva, and rightfully so.

The fight will never happen.

I'm a huge Silva fan and I can't say the same about GSP but imo GSP as not faced cans. Sheilds, Penn, Hughes, Fitch and Alves (at the time) were no cans. And Diaz is no can either. Silva has deff had the easier road to domination. Nevertheless both have dominated and both should fight each other soon.

I don't even care who fought more cans, whose division is weaker, who is scared of who, who has more legit wins, etc etc etc. The fight needs to happen because the divisions can't handle them anymore. And no Okami did not even close to earn that title shot, neither did Diaz. Pretty much goes without saying, thats why this is an issue.

The UFC is basically forced to reach for unworthy opponents just to keep these guys busy. Them moving up/down in weight shouldn't even be there choice at this point. Both guys are monstrous for their weight class. It's a no brainer.

Sick of paying PPV prices to watch superheroes beat up kindergarteners....seriously.

GSP isn't even a challenge. He'll annihilate GSP.

It's like Guida vs Machida or Edgar vs Lesnar.

they're like 4 weight classes separate. gsp and silva=15 pound difference. your reference=100+ pound difference. i know your trying to exaggerate, but please, that reference was dumb.

they're like 4 weight classes separate. gsp and silva=15 pound difference. your reference=100+ pound difference. i know your trying to exaggerate' date=' but please, that reference was dumb. and the match IS possible. but will it happen? unlikely...for now.[/quote']

Ofcourse im exaggerating but if i made a serious thread about all the reasons why i think he's no match for Silva i honestly think Silva would beat him 99 times out of 100. Maybe all 100.

There are just too many reasons this is not a favorable fight for GSP and his arachnophobia and style compounds everything on top of skillset and attribute problems like size and reach.

It's just a horrible matchup for GSP from top to bottom and he really would need to have a perfect performance to win AND Silva would have to be off that night. If recent performances have been anything to judge GSP by he will not be perfect and i could easily see the butterflies of such a match overwhelming him. All it's gonna take is a small error and he'll be caught in the spiders web and the spider can make many minor mistakes and not get squashed.

I'm a huge Silva fan and I can't say the same about GSP but imo GSP as not faced cans. Sheilds' date=' Penn, Hughes, Fitch and Alves (at the time) were no cans. And Diaz is no can either. Silva has deff had the easier road to domination. Nevertheless both have dominated and both should fight each other soon.[/quote']

As a fan of both fighters I respectfully dissagree. When considering their styles both guys have faced equal competition. Silva probably gets the edge:

Silva:

Okami: Great wrestler and strongest mo fo in that division. If anyone dissagrees then refer to things that his past opponents have said. TKO2

Sonnen: As much as I hate to admit it, he maybe the best wrestler in MMA. If anyone dissagrees look at his career and backround. Just because someone is a college star wrestler doesnt mean that it translates into MMA. Sub.5

Belfort: Amazing striker...better than any striker that GSP has faced bar none KO1

Maia: One of the best, if not THE best BJJ artist in MMA today.UD5

GSP:

Shields: Ok striking, great BJJ...maybe a half a step below Maia's UD5.

Koscheck: Good wrestler with OK stand-up. Sonnens wrestling has been more effective than his. UD5

Hardy: A decent striker with absolutely no TD defense or ground game. UD5. Plus hes looked really bad in his last few fights.

Alves: UD5. He's lost some of his hype due to Fitch dominating him. Belforts striking is way better than his.

And if you want to go to the last 5 fights...Silva moved up to LHW and faced former champ Forrest Griffin. He wont via TKO1

BJ Penn moved up a weight class(and probably weighed around 175 at best on fight day) and fought against the 190 pound GSP and lost via corner stoppage in the 5th round. Granted GSP dominated...but he dominated against a much smaller, weaker opponent who was fighting at WW for the first time in a while.

Easily said: MW champ vs former LHW champ > WW champ vs former LHW champ

Its not too tough to see whos faced the tougher competition.

Add in the fact that Silva has jumped weight classes and there is no debate left..

They are both just that good. Look at how competitive those divisions are if you take GSP and Silva out of them. You cant even try to argue that both divisions are filled with cans. Anyone that would do that would just look retarded.

Id rather see Silva at LHW then him fight GSP. I think that if those 2 fought it would be a little one-sided with Silva getting the W.

MW is still relatively weak but WW? It's chalk full of top fighters. I still believe WW to be one of, if not the deepest division still.

MW is still relatively weak but WW? It's chalk full of top fighters. I still believe WW to be one of' date=' if not the deepest division still.[/quote']

I agree.

Top WW's: GSP, Sheilds, Penn, Condit, Hughes, Kos, Story, Ellenberger, and Rumble.

Top MW's: Silva, Sonnen,Belfort, Munoz, Stann...., Maia? Okami? Leben?

WW deff harder divison. Silva dominates with ease bc he fights guys tht aren't even close to his talents. Thts why ppl get so pmad when he plays with his food in fights

Silva dominates with ease bc he fights guys tht aren't even close to his talents.

lol yer he is ultra fast.. when he goes hardcore its like watching Matrix :)

imagine if he was a LW.. lol

anyway i think Silva should fight Safe Pierre(if he beats Diaz) cos;

1. we haven't had super fight in ages oo

2. Silva vs GSP is loong overdue

3. clear no1 p4p bs? cos in my book Silva is clear no1 n has been for ages..

4. if Silva can cut down to 170, it will give him chance to also win WW belt.

etc.. cant think more on top of my head :)

"Stop Feeding Silva & GSP trash"

Stop making threads about it then.

Make a thread about something relevant instead of a dream superfight which already has had 1' date='000 threads and the same arguments each time.[/quote']

Haha^ common sense at its finest.

Archived