The TRUTH about Christians

KINGnoob

I just want to stop all the stupid christians are dumb for believing blah blah blah threads.

First and foremost I am not a Christian nor am I an Atheist. I guess im Agnostic.

In my opinion it is easier to believe in God then not Believe in God. A belief in God makes it easyto answer that question, How did it all start? Where you can leave it at the fact hes all powerful and created everything... Done blamo. Worry about other things, move on. Where a Scientific Theory based belief leaves huge questions with lots of things to consider and study which will still leave huge holes that probably will never be answered. To make a horrible analogy I would say Belief in God is like a 20hr work week and belief in the Scientific theory is more like 40hrs plus overtime. I would choose the 20hr work

week easy. More time for these stupid forums.

That was obviously just a generalized idea. Now someone asked on these forums once how possibly some rational person could believe in God. Now I am not making a case for God but theres an interesting question to consider and it has to do with morals.

The Idea from Author C.S. Lewis, roughly translated by ME.

Scenario: Your walking down the street passed an alley. Down the alley you see some man mugging another man. According to instinct rules you feel two things: Instinct of Self Preservation, where you choose to stay at a safe distance, and The instinct that says you should help that man. However, what Instinct is it that tells you to help that man. It can not itself be an instinct, theres no master instinct. No key on a piano can tell another key to play louder. Thats just not how it works.

Lastly, one quick point about Jesus. Jesus lived thats true, and he was crucified. Noone can deny that. Hes in the history books. Now we have a choice to believe that Jesus was a nutjob and wanted to be crucified or he was indeed the Son of God. Obv Christians believe what Jesus was saying. Nothing wrong with that.

So my main point is, STOP ATTACKING CHRISTIANS. Nuff said lets move on

Though you're getting a lot of nonsense BS heat for this thread, I agree with you, BJJnoob.

At the same time, some Christians bring the heat onto themselves by trying to force others to believe what they believe. It's a shame that no one can certain believes anymore without being made fun of and getting called names.

I just want to stop all the stupid christians are dumb for believing blah blah blah threads.

First and foremost I am not a Christian nor am I an Atheist. I guess im Agnostic.

In my opinion it is easier to believe in God then not Believe in God. A belief in God makes it easyto answer that question' date=' How did it all start? Where you can leave it at the fact hes all powerful and created everything... Done blamo. Worry about other things, move on. Where a Scientific Theory based belief leaves huge questions with lots of things to consider and study which will still leave huge holes that probably will never be answered. To make a horrible analogy I would say Belief in God is like a 20hr work week and belief in the Scientific theory is more like 40hrs plus overtime. I would choose the 20hr work

week easy. More time for these stupid forums.

That was obviously just a generalized idea. Now someone asked on these forums once how possibly some rational person could believe in God. Now I am not making a case for God but theres an interesting question to consider and it has to do with morals.

The Idea from Author C.S. Lewis, roughly translated by ME.

Scenario: Your walking down the street passed an alley. Down the alley you see some man mugging another man. According to instinct rules you feel two things: Instinct of Self Preservation, where you choose to stay at a safe distance, and The instinct that says you should help that man. However, what Instinct is it that tells you to help that man. It can not itself be an instinct, theres no master instinct. No key on a piano can tell another key to play louder. Thats just not how it works.

Lastly, one quick point about Jesus. Jesus lived thats true, and he was crucified. Noone can deny that. Hes in the history books. Now we have a choice to believe that Jesus was a nutjob and wanted to be crucified or he was indeed the Son of God. Obv Christians believe what Jesus was saying. Nothing wrong with that.

So my main point is, STOP ATTACKING CHRISTIANS. Nuff said lets move on[/quote']

It's instinctive to counter attack when someone is attacking you. Most Christians verbally attack non believers, so that's why they get attacked.

We are all agnostic when it comes to knowledge of god. Do you believe god exists or not? You are either a theist or atheist. I am an agnostic atheist.

In my opinion it is easier to believe in God then not Believe in God. A belief in God makes it easyto answer that question, How did it all start? Where you can leave it at the fact hes all powerful and created everything... Done blamo.

A belief in god does not answer the question at all. It is a non-answer. It doesn't answer anything. In fact, you are trying to answer an unknown by introducing an even more complicated unknown to the equation.

Believing in god makes you more moral? That is pretty rich. For all we know god might want us to commit crimes if he exists. How do you know what someone thinks the all-powerful being that exists want him to do? Belief that you are doing gods will is harmful to society.

Don't believe me? Look up at any research on societal health being correlated with religiosity and are found to be inversely proportional.

Maybe Jesus lived. How do you know that he did for sure, and how do you know that he was crucified for sure? He is NOT in history books. Please do not start a case for the historicity of Jesus if you are obviously not informed on the subject. Jesus is never mentioned in any books outside the gospels, the gospels disagree on a lot of things about him, he was MIA for more than half his life, and most importantly there are NO eye-witness accounts for anything Jesus is claimed to have performed

So my main point is, STOP ATTACKING CHRISTIANS. Nuff said lets move on

Kinda hard not to defend yourself when you are being discriminated against and questioned at every step and turn.

There's more Jews than Muslims? There's about 700 trillion Muslims in indonesia alone as opposed to a total of 8 jews (6 non-practicing).

I call BS on this pie chart.

And what's the difference between "Nothing in particular" and "atheist?" See, I told you atheism was a religion. lol

There's more Jews than Muslims? There's about 700 trillion Muslims in indonesia alone as opposed to a total of 8 jews (6 non-practicing).

And what's the difference between "Nothing in particular" and "atheist?" See' date=' I told you atheism was a religion. lol[/quote']

Is that pie chart USA only?

And what's the difference between "Nothing in particular" and "atheist?" See' date=' I told you atheism was a religion. lol[/quote']

LOL at you taking things so seriously... :D

We are all agnostic when it comes to knowledge of god. Do you believe god exists or not? You are either a theist or atheist. I am an agnostic atheist.

In my opinion it is easier to believe in God then not Believe in God. A belief in God makes it easyto answer that question' date=' How did it all start? Where you can leave it at the fact hes all powerful and created everything... Done blamo. [/b']

A belief in god does not answer the question at all. It is a non-answer. It doesn't answer anything. In fact, you are trying to answer an unknown by introducing an even more complicated unknown to the equation.

Believing in god makes you more moral? That is pretty rich. For all we know god might want us to commit crimes if he exists. How do you know what someone thinks the all-powerful being that exists want him to do? Belief that you are doing gods will is harmful to society.

Don't believe me? Look up at any research on societal health being correlated with religiosity and are found to be inversely proportional.

Maybe Jesus lived. How do you know that he did for sure, and how do you know that he was crucified for sure? He is NOT in history books. Please do not start a case for the historicity of Jesus if you are obviously not informed on the subject. Jesus is never mentioned in any books outside the gospels, the gospels disagree on a lot of things about him, he was MIA for more than half his life, and most importantly there are NO eye-witness accounts for anything Jesus is claimed to have performedSo my main point is, STOP ATTACKING CHRISTIANS. Nuff said lets move on

Kinda hard not to defend yourself when you are being discriminated against and questioned at every step and turn.

i never said believing in God makes you moral. Its more about the scenario i gave. You didnt respond to the underlying question to the scenario.

The gospels are eye witness accounts...

The gospels are eye witness accounts...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Who wrote the gospels? When were the gospels written?

Archived