Mauricio"shogun"rua

KINGJORDAN

Admitting you were in bad shape is not really an excuse. It is more just an explanation. No one feels sorry for you because you didn't do any work its probably the worst thing you can say about yourself. That you are lazy and didn't prepare enough.

Ppl have said that shogun does'nt make excuses. Well the countdown showed the polar opposite of that. Your thoughts...

I think it's kinda harsh to say when a fighter talks about a fight several years after it happened, and is now talking about an injury that he and his camp kept secret and says he wasn't in good shape for the fight...is that making excuses?

It's not like he was trying to say he should've won. It's more like he's looking back and talking about what happened that caused him to lose. Being able to talk about what you did wrong (conditioning) is a good thing.

Now something like Silva and his camp right after his fight with Sonnen talking about some broken rib...that smells more like an excuse in my book.

I think it's kinda harsh to say when a fighter talks about a fight several years after it happened' date=' and is now talking about an injury that he and his camp kept secret and says he wasn't in good shape for the fight...is that making excuses?

It's not like he was trying to say he should've won. It's more like he's looking back and talking about what happened that caused him to lose. Being able to talk about what you did wrong (conditioning) is a good thing.

Now something like Silva and his camp right after his fight with Sonnen talking about some broken rib...that smells more like an excuse in my book.[/quote']

People knew about the injury after the Forrest fight, it isn't like he only just came out with it now.

It is still an excuse for his poor performance which caused him to lose, so it is an excuse.

It is basically the same as the Silva situation, both came out after and said that they had injuries which contributed to a poor performance.

Shogun looks very weakly in the weight ins. Wouldn't be surprised if he got man handled again. I don't think he could beat Machida in another rematch right now.

Because standing on a scale shows how strong or well conditioned he is?

I mean I'm excited for this fight card, but the depth to which people read into weigh-ins is absurd.

hey guys I`m in Rio and I just met Shogun personaly.. his a great guy, is just so hard to understand what he is saying!! even to me... He pulls a very akward acent hahaha... but very cool.. I poste the picture that I took with him later!! Great atmosphere for this event :D

I`m specting a great show tomorrow, and the city is breathing UFC today!! Every where you go there are some outdoors of UFC, every bar will show it alive and its great to be here!!

Cheers!

hey guys I`m in Rio and I just met Shogun personaly.. his a great guy' date=' is just so hard to understand what he is saying!! even to me... He pulls a very akward acent hahaha... but very cool.. I poste the picture that I took with him later!! Great atmosphere for this event :D

I`m specting a great show tomorrow, and the city is breathing UFC today!! Every where you go there are some outdoors of UFC, every bar will show it alive and its great to be here!!

Cheers![/quote']

Parabens

Vamos Spider

Archived