How long have you been watching mma?

TheRearNaked

Watched the first two UFC events - I was living in Colorado at the time, and since it was coming straight outta Denver (303 love for my CO peeps), it was hyped a lot around town, especially at martial arts school and tournaments. And then off and on until it went to the dark days when PPV wouldn't air it. I got back into MMA because of Tito Ortiz, and would order any Tito UFC PPV, but skipped all the others. Around this time I found Pride, but I never seemed to be able to follow it as closely and efficiently at Zuffa's product. So again, it was more a case of "I'll watch it when I can" type of situation. Finally after TUF3, I began consistently watching everything...

Though I have to admit, while it's the rare PPV I miss these days, I find myself less and less inclined to set aside time to watch UFC on Versus or Fight Nights. Perhaps this is because of my resurgence of interest in boxing, or maybe it's simply a case sometimes life permits you the free time to watch what you want, and other times it keeps you busy. Either way, I would say I was a casual observer from 93-06, a "hardcore" fan from around 06-10, and in the last year been more a fairly loyal fan with high interest.

I watched my first MMA event (UFC 1) at a buddy's house in 2001 on VHS. Soon after, I went around to video stores and bought every MMA VHS tape/DVD that I could find. Seeing Royce Gracie take out guys much larger than himself intrigued me. I've been hooked ever since. I had to watch mostly recorded stuff in the beginning since the cable service in the small town where I lived didn't offer PPV. The first PPV I bought was UFC 43, when Randy beat Chuck.

started watching religously mid 2008, , spent a long time watching ufc dvds from the video shop beforehand. i never used to have cable to order the ppvs and didn't used to know how to find a way to watch online, so i couldn't watch live and had to wait for the dvds

i actually watched chuck fight tito twice on dvd after seeing them in the special features of cradle to the grave. they are the reason i found mma and became hooked.

Archived