a bad feeling that Silva vs Okami will go the way of Maia, Leites, and Cote...

Epilogue1406051983

I'm hoping I'm wrong on this, since he is fighting at home for his home crowd, but at the same time, I have a feeling that Okami is going to respect Silva striking too much and Silva is going to respect Okami's wrestling too much, resulting in a 5 round UD dance off win for Silva...

Anyone else thinking the same? or am I high on drugs?

I'm hoping I'm wrong on this' date=' since he is fighting at home for his home crowd, but at the same time, I have a feeling that Okami is going to respect Silva striking too much and Silva is going to respect Okami's wrestling too much, resulting in a 5 round UD dance off win for Silva...

Anyone else thinking the same? or am I high on drugs?[/quote']

Terrible comparison. Okami will never pull guard like Leitus and Maia, and Cote was/is crap. This will be similar to Silva vs Sonnen with SIlva being much more active in striking and spending less time on his back.

Terrible comparison. Okami will never pull guard like Leitus and Maia' date=' and Cote was/is crap. This will be similar to Silva vs Sonnen with SIlva being much more active in striking and spending less time on his back.[/quote']

I hope you're right... but although we will never see Okami buttscoot like Leites or play dead like Maia, I don't think Okami will be able to take Anderson down, and since he'll likely fear Anderson's striking, he'll shoot long and miss while Anderson will wait and try to bait Okami into his game... Sonnen did as well as he did against Anderson because he didn't respect him, but I think Okami will, which has me worried...

Terrible comparison. Okami will never pull guard like Leitus and Maia' date=' and Cote was/is crap. This will be similar to Silva vs Sonnen with SIlva being much more active in striking and spending less time on his back.[/quote']

+1. Even if okami is able to score takedowns his wrestling isn't at high enough level to keep silva down.. and okami isn't a bjj ace so he wont be sitting down trying to pull gaurd

80% TDD according to ufc.com.

That really sucks huh?

Long torso. Easier to get your arms around him and get a body lock..

The trouble is opening your arms with a striker of Silva's caliber. He doesn't waste any of his punches so Okami is screwed.

His striking is literally the most effective piece of his TDD.

I'm hoping I'm wrong on this' date=' since he is fighting at home for his home crowd, but at the same time, I have a feeling that Okami is going to respect Silva striking too much and Silva is going to respect Okami's wrestling too much, resulting in a 5 round UD dance off win for Silva...

Anyone else thinking the same? or am I high on drugs?[/quote']

There's a good chance Anderson will show off for the fans via the Maia fight, but he'll add in the finishing touch at the end!

i thought about the same thing lol.

But Okami training with Sonnen. Okami realizes the success Sonnen had against Silva, how Sonnen kept moving forward, took some shots, pushed the pace. Sonnen was able to get the takedowns by taking the kicks and once he threw a kick he would immediately shoot and take anderson down. If Okami can do what Sonnen did and just go after and "fight"(like Chael says) Anderson Silva he has a chance of beating him.

And how many WRESTLERS has Anderson Silva fought? When it comes to takedowns' date=' you can't compare the takedowns from a BJJ practitioner (unless it's Palhares) to a wrestler's takedowns.[/quote']

i reckon anderson would be a complete chump not to have some idea of TDD for this fight.

i reckon anderson would be a complete chump not to have some idea of TDD for this fight.

I do hope he has been working on his takedown defense. I love Anderson and don't want him to lose, but Yushin is no joke. Many are underestimating Yushin Okami's ability to neutralize his opponents' strength.

I do hope he has been working on his takedown defense. I love Anderson and don't want him to lose' date=' but Yushin is no joke. Many are underestimating Yushin Okami's ability to neutralize his opponents' strength.[/quote']

Yeah I am not writing of Okami despite being a Silva fan.

I just think he has a lot to lose with it being in Brazil and with the history hey have had before.

One thing you cant ever over emphasise is a motivated silva is very very hard to stop

Yeah I am not writing of Okami despite being a Silva fan.

I just think he has a lot to lose with it being in Brazil and with the history hey have had before.

One thing you cant ever over emphasise is a motivated silva is very very hard to stop

That's very true. We should also keep in mind that Anderson Silva is 36 years old. In this sport, it seems like age catches up to you from one fight to the next. It happens almost over night.

*Edit*

I sound like a Yushin fan now. I don't care for Yushing and love Silva, but I just have a bad feeling about this fight.

That's very true. We should also keep in mind that Anderson Silva is 36 years old. In this sport' date=' it seems like age catches up to you from one fight to the next. It happens almost over night.

*Edit*

I sound like a Yushin fan now. I don't care for Yushing and love Silva, but I just have a bad feeling about this fight.[/quote']

Mate I couldnt agree more.

Ive seen alot of fighters suddenly lose it from one fight to the next and have always thought "when is the day" for Spider.

But then again sometimes there are those who are just so good it doesnt happen or happens later or slower than others.

Im hoping it doesnt happen. But tomorrow we will find out

I had a dream that Okami was gonna pull off a rear naked choke on Silva, becoming the new champ, but the last time I had a dream about a fight, I was completely wrong, so my prediction is Silva by a Steven Segal kick we haven't seen yet, oh, and I'll say 2nd round :cool:

100th post :D

Silva has got this. I don't count out any fighter (except rashad against jones) but Okami has little chance of doing anything.

Silva is too quick for him, too smart, and Okami does not have the chin Sonnen had in his fight with Silva to withstand Silva's punches and possible kicks. Okami's going to be too scared to committ and too slow on his takedowns. I'm going to say he goes for the most predictable takedowns ever and doesn't even throw a punch to set them up.

And how many WRESTLERS has Anderson Silva fought? When it comes to takedowns' date=' you can't compare the takedowns from a BJJ practitioner (unless it's Palhares) to a wrestler's takedowns.[/quote']

Hes Fought Nate The Greate Marquardt , And Dan Henderson ... not the ufc's fault that mark munoz wont win like 3 fights in a row so he can fight a wrestler .. there are probably only 3 premiere westlers in the ufc mw division now ... Munoz .. Okami And Sonnen .

I think people r assuming that Okami will do similar to what Sonnen did?? The 1 thing u r forgetting is do u know how painful it is 2 push/pull/use any sort of movement with a broken rib or even torn cartilage!!! Sonnen was very lucky!!! I think Sonnen is awesome but Anderson was definitely not up 2 using his full skill set, which is another reason Chael hit him with alot of shots because of his restricted movement............GUARANTEED!!! Anderson will come out on top.......Unanimous Decision!!! I love all UFC fighters, dont hate anyone BUT facts r facts & some people just love 2 dream, I also dream that forrest & vitor will be champs again oneday, but with the talent around its very hard 2 make it reality!! :( But Good Luck 2 Okami he is a Great fighter, miracles do happen!!! PEACE!!! Bring It!!!

Underestimated;2142839]I think people r assuming that Okami will do similar to what Sonnen did?? The 1 thing u r forgetting is do u know how painful it is 2 push/pull/use any sort of movement with a broken rib or even torn cartilage!!! Sonnen was very lucky!!! I think Sonnen is awesome but Anderson was definitely not up 2 using his full skill set, which is another reason Chael hit him with alot of shots because of his restricted movement............GUARANTEED!!! Anderson will come out on top.......Unanimous Decision!!! I love all UFC fighters, dont hate anyone BUT facts r facts & some people just love 2 dream, I also dream that forrest & vitor will be champs again oneday, but with the talent around its very hard 2 make it reality!! :( But Good Luck 2 Okami he is a Great fighter, miracles do happen!!! PEACE!!! Bring It!!!

Archived