The Bear's Predictions for the UFC 134 Main Card

the_bear413

Welcome to Brazil. It's been far too long since the UFC has put on a show down South and I'm happy to see that they finally have. However, it may not be a good night for the home team.

Let's just jump right into it.

Stanislav Nedkov over Luiz Cane, Rear-naked choke first round

Nedkov is no slouch in either aspect of the game, and the ground game is where Cane is less comfortable. I have a deep respect for Cane, the guy is a warrior, but he's not going to come out on top in this one.

Ross Pearson over Edson Barboza, Unanimous Decision, FOTN

This here, ladies and gentlemen (probably just gentlemen), is the Fight of the Night. This is going to be a 3 round war where both the stand-up, and the ground game, are going to be displayed beautifully. I have to give Pearson the edge here since he's probably going to be the one on top and the judges, in their infinite wisdom, are going to see him as the winner. I'd call it a draw, but that's just lame.

Brendan Schaub over Big Nogueira, 1st round KO KOTN

I love Big Nog for all he's done and he has earned a spot in the HoF. I understand his UFC record sucks, but the UFC bought Pride and he was a monster in Pride. This statement is based solely on what he's done for MMA throughout his long, illustrious career. However, he's going to get smashed in this fight. Schaub is young and hungry, and Nog's chin is questionable these days. He's been through too many wars and is going to get beaten by the younger, faster striker. Good luck with future endeavors big fella.

Shogun over Griffin, Unanimous Decision

This is another candidate for FOTN, unless Griffin is so rusty that he gets sloppy and KO'd. Shogun looked awful against Jones, but I'm 100% sure that the knee surgery was to blame for that. He gassed fast, and I think I heard something about him being sick as well. This time, however, he's had plenty of time to recover and looked in good shape at the weigh ins. Forrest's ring rust is going to play a huge factor in this fight. It's been a long, long time since he's fought. There's being in good shape, and then there's being in good fighting shape. Shogun has both on his side.

Okami over Silva, 3rd round Doctor Stoppage

That's right, I said it. I can only assume that since Okami has been training with Sonnen, he's going to fight like Sonnen. He's going to take Silva down at will and try to cut him. By the end of the third round, Silva is going to be cut open and the doctor is going to say enough is enough. The more likely scenario though is that Silva is going to KO him or get the SOTN.

Welcome to Brazil. It's been far too long since the UFC has put on a show down South and I'm happy to see that they finally have. However' date=' it may not be a good night for the home team.

[b']Stanislav Nedkov over Luiz Cane, Rear-naked choke first round[/b]

Nedkov is no slouch in either aspect of the game, and the ground game is where Cane is less comfortable. I have a deep respect for Cane, the guy is a warrior, but he's not going to come out on top in this one.

This here, ladies and gentlemen (probably just gentlemen), is the Fight of the Night. This is going to be a 3 round war where both the stand-up, and the ground game, are going to be displayed beautifully. I have to give Pearson the edge here since he's probably going to be the one on top and the judges, in their infinite wisdom, are going to see him as the winner. I'd call it a draw, but that's just lame.

I love Big Nog for all he's done and he has earned a spot in the HoF. I understand his UFC record sucks, but the UFC bought Pride and he was a monster in Pride. This statement is based solely on what he's done for MMA throughout his long, illustrious career. However, he's going to get smashed in this fight. Schaub is young and hungry, and Nog's chin is questionable these days. He's been through too many wars and is going to get beaten by the younger, faster striker. Good luck with future endeavors big fella.

This is another candidate for FOTN, unless Griffin is so rusty that he gets sloppy and KO'd. Shogun looked awful against Jones, but I'm 100% sure that the knee surgery was to blame for that. He gassed fast, and I think I heard something about him being sick as well. This time, however, he's had plenty of time to recover and looked in good shape at the weigh ins. Forrest's ring rust is going to play a huge factor in this fight. It's been a long, long time since he's fought. There's being in good shape, and then there's being in good fighting shape. Shogun has both on his side.

That's right, I said it. I can only assume that since Okami has been training with Sonnen, he's going to fight like Sonnen. He's going to take Silva down at will and try to cut him. By the end of the third round, Silva is going to be cut open and the doctor is going to say enough is enough. The more likely scenario though is that Silva is going to KO him or get the SOTN.

Good predictions none of the hater bias (that I have against Shaub for example) but this can probably happen come saturday night.

I personally don't know much about Nedkov so I have Cane winning just because I know his game.

I think Baboza gets the UD over Pearson but as you stated in a really good fight.

I am HOPING that Nog gets the W but its a hell of alot more likely Shaub gets the W :mad:

Shogun vs Griffin is going to be FOTN for as long as it lasts. Forrest has a pretty solid chin and is good enough everywhere to make this fight crazy good. Shogun has never been beaten as Jones did to him so it'll be interesting to see how he comes into this fight. I got Shogun via TKO in the 2nd or early 3rd but I can see Forrest getting the UD or another Sub late.

Okami can take Anderson down and beat him there. I just think its more likely Silva gets it done before he is put in a tough spot like Sonnen was. Closer fight than people think since Okami = Sonnen 1.15 (better stand up lesser wrestling)

Welcome to Brazil. It's been far too long since the UFC has put on a show down South and I'm happy to see that they finally have. However' date=' it may not be a good night for the home team.

can't say i agree with any of your picks. Okami couldn't finish Nate Marquardt but yet he's going to stop the p4p king?

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

If Sonnen couldn't cut or even bruise Silva up with all his punches to Silva's face, what makes you think Okamii will?

What makes you think Okami will even have the balls to rush Silva like Sonnen did? Sonnen didn't give two hoots about getting hit, Okami is not Sonnen. You can't mentally train a guy that fast to not be scared of another guys talent. Sonnen is just that arrogant and has been for a long time, but Okami is more respectful and cautious.

can't say i agree with any of your picks. Okami couldn't finish Nate Marquardt but yet he's going to stop the p4p king?

Nate Marquardt has a wrestling game. Anderson doesn't. Okami has already proven that he can take Silva down. Silva is going to have to fight off of his back just as he did against Sonnen. I think it was clear that Okami was not even thinking about a takedown vs Nate.

If Sonnen couldn't cut or even bruise Silva up with all his punches to Silva's face' date=' what makes you think Okamii will?[/quote']

Okami's ground and pound is much better than Sonnen's. Sonnen throws arm punches to look like he's doing damage to conserve energy, Okami doesn't.

What makes you think Okami will even have the balls to rush Silva like Sonnen did? Sonnen didn't give two hoots about getting hit' date=' Okami is not Sonnen. You can't mentally train a guy that fast to not be scared of another guys talent. Sonnen is just that arrogant and has been for a long time, but Okami is more respectful and cautious.[/quote']

Okami seeing the success Sonnen had against Silva, and then getting a full camp in with Sonnen is what makes me think Okami is going to ahve the balls against Sonnen.

What a lot of people don't realize, is that Sonnen exposed a HUGE hole in Silva's game. People say, "well Sonnen got triangled, so Silva can triangle anyone that puts him in that position," and they're just naive. Sonnen has a long history of being triangled. What happens when someone who doesn't, like Okami, puts Silva in that same position? More of me believes that Silva won't get it this time.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for Silva's abilities. I'm not one of those blind Sonnen fans that thinks it was a fluke. I just don't see Silva pulling it off this time around.

Archived