Is Okami a serious contender, when his HL has the fight against RF which he lost?

claudiorebelo

His only losses have been to quality opponents. What is most glaring is that they came up with the "strongest" title yet he pulls out more UD and SD wins than anything.

Power should denote that he is able to dominate and stop his opponents.

Mmmmmm are you talking about bisping?

Okami's HL has submissions attempts agains Rich Franklin' date=' a fight he lost :eek:

This is not a serious opponent, discuss.[/quote']

Styles makes fights and Okami has a good style to beat Anderson as long as he keeps the pressure on Anderson. Okami can't let Anderson get the range and timing down. He has to be on him like white on rice :)

Okami's HL has submissions attempts agains Rich Franklin' date=' a fight he lost :eek:

Doesn't matter...Was Serra a legit contender when he won the title? I don't think so. It's MMA people. It's also a chance for Silva to avenge a loss so there's no questions about his record.

( i do think Okami is legit though)

Okami hasn't fought anyone who's beat anyone impressive to me. I'm disappointed that Anderson isn't given real challenges. I want to see a rematch between him and Henderson and him and sonnen.

Okami is a fluffer.

i personally have never been impressed by Okami' date=' but he does win and he has "beat" silva although i think Silva said it best when he said i dont know how the loss felt because i wasnt the one who was knocked out...[/quote']

He didn't beat Anderson. Anderson was beating him until Anderson was disqualified. A better word to use rather than 'beat' is he won. There's a difference. The word 'beat' suggests he won by dominating the fight and that's furthest from the truth.

Doesn't matter...Was Serra a legit contender when he won the title? I don't think so. It's MMA people. It's also a chance for Silva to avenge a loss so there's no questions about his record.

( i do think Okami is legit though)

Anyone can win on any given night, we all know that. But what does that prove?

If Okami wins does that make him better than Silva? Nops.

I just hope Silva ends this in the first so he can go fight real competition against GSP or at 205.

But that will never happen, the UFC will just hype up another can or give Silva another rematch against fighter he already easily won.

i personally have never been impressed by Okami' date=' but he does win and he has "beat" silva although i think Silva said it best when he said i dont know how the loss felt because i wasnt the one who was knocked out...[/quote']

That comment made me loathe Silva even more. Of course you can "knock out" people with illegal strikes! What if Okami gauged his eyes out? Kicked him in the groin repeatedly? Would he have won? Even I can "KO" Silva with a bazooka....

Back to OP?s point, yes, I think it is telling how unimpressive Okami highlight reel is. He will lose badly.

Guess he's not.

And as long we keep buying into the UFC's hype train no serious contender is going to be given to Anderson.

How isn't Okami a genuine contender? 10-2 in the UFC that was on a three fight win streak with two of them being contenders.

Before every Silva fight people say that he is going to lose to his opponent, then after the opponent was never a serious contender :rolleyes:

Okami is a well rounded, bad stylistic match up and Silva dismantled him with ease.

How isn't Okami a genuine contender? 10-2 in the UFC that was on a three fight win streak with two of them being contenders.

Before every Silva fight people say that he is going to lose to his opponent' date=' then after the opponent was never a serious contender :rolleyes:

Okami is a well rounded, bad stylistic match up and Silva dismantled him with ease.[/quote']

This post was done before the fight :D

Archived