The End of An Era: October 14, 2006 - August 27, 2011

tuf1_

I know I'm not the first to start an Okami upset thread or the first to doubt the Spider and be proved wrong but having made a Fedor upset thread and a Machida upset thread when everybody was drinking Lyoto's pee I thought I would keep the party going. Just can't help but be reminded of this when I think of tonights fight.

ufcc.jpg

Everybody and their grandmas was looking passed Rampage, expecting Chuck to avenge another loss. And I kind of see Silva/Okami the same way. It pains me to say but Okami FTW by decision. *Hangs head in shame*

I know I'm not the first to start an Okami upset thread or the first to doubt the Spider and be proved wrong but having made a Fedor upset thread and a Machida upset thread when everybody was drinking Lyoto's pee I thought I would keep the party going. Just can't help but be reminded of this when I think of tonights fight.

ufcc.jpg

Everybody and their grandmas was looking passed Rampage' date=' expecting Chuck to avenge another loss. And I kind of see Silva/Okami the same way. It pains me to say but Okami FTW by decision. *Hangs head in shame*[/quote']

Didn't see Fedor losing to Werdum, I thought Page and Shogun would win.

It could happen, Okami can win but i don't think it will happen. It wouldn't surprize if he can pull off a decision. He's gonna have to do alot though cause as you know with judging you have to beat the hell out of the champ to win.

Everyone thinks okami is gonna come out guns blazing like sonnen did' date=' but that's not gonna be the case. Silva will sprawl okamis shots, and Silva will finish him in the 1st or 2nd.[/quote']

I dont reckon Silva will be unprepared. If he is he would be the dumbest fighter on the planet to go in to a home fight like that.

One thing .............a determined AS is one bad MOFO to fight

ufcc.jpg

Everybody and their grandmas was looking passed Rampage' date=' expecting Chuck to avenge another loss. And I kind of see Silva/Okami the same way. It pains me to say but Okami FTW by decision. *Hangs head in shame*[/quote']

At least your gracious about it instead of trolling. I think your wrong though. We'll see.

Comparing Sonnen and Okami is comparing apples and oranges. Sonnen blew through Okami in their endeavor. Everyone seems to think Okami will find success since he's been training with Sonnen for this match. You can only gather so much information in a short span of time. Don't forget that Sonnen is a highly decorated wrestler, which Okami is not. Sonnen is also a phenomenal striker. Okami has far better submission defense, but that won't matter when he's getting beat the tar out of from a distance. I can't see Okami winning it. In fact I can't see Okami getting out of the 4th round. He's got one heckuva chin, but man, your talking about Anderson Silva. That guy puts a clinic on everyone in the striking dept.

Comparing Sonnen and Okami is comparing apples and oranges. Sonnen blew through Okami in their endeavor. Everyone seems to think Okami will find success since he's been training with Sonnen for this match. You can only gather so much information in a short span of time. Don't forget that Sonnen is a highly decorated wrestler' date=' which Okami is not. Sonnen is also a phenomenal striker. Okami has far better submission defense, but that won't matter when he's getting beat the tar out of from a distance. I can't see Okami winning it. In fact I can't see Okami getting out of the 4th round. He's got one heckuva chin, but man, your talking about Anderson Silva. That guy puts a clinic on everyone in the striking dept.[/quote']

ok ok. Since you EXPLAINED your opinion ill give you a 5% on your test. But only 5 because you actually made an opinion.

Okami will win simply because he has better wrestling, striking, strength, speed. Anderson will not be able to deal with him. Okami knows what he needs to do. Hes not going to sit there and wait like Maia did. He knows he needs to go for it. He has trained with Chael and im sure Chael has drilled in his head to go forward. To NOT let up. Anderson has NO CHANCE to win this fight. Im serious. Okami has one hell of a chin and if Anderson actually does end up winning this fight. It will be from an illegal BACK OF THE HEAD punch. which is cheap.

ufcc.jpg

I disagree, a lot of people were expecting Rampage to beat Chuck. That was a fairly even fight.

This one, Okami's only choice is to use his take downs and keep Anderson there (i.e. - lay on him for 5 rounds).

Archived