Sign in to follow this  
Cola2012

Mixed martial arts birth place is actually ancient greece not Brazil

Truth.

Hear comes a **** storm.

Bas Rutten said the modern version of no holds barred fighting started in Brazil, and that was where the original "Ultimate Fighting Championship" got the idea.

Does it techniqly count as mma cuz eventhough pankration was a very well rounded style it is was only one style veruse one style....where mma eventhough every know many styles they have thier favs and they clash with other styles in the cage.....sambo is a well rounded style aswell...are u going to call all sambo torneys, mma torneys

Bas Rutten said the modern version of no holds barred fighting started in Brazil' date=' and that was where the original "Ultimate Fighting Championship" got the idea.[/quote']

yea the gracies pretty much put it all together to prove Brazilian Jiu jitsu is the most superior fighting martial art, i read one of the gracie's first mentioned it in a 1989 playboy magazine article

And they originally were going to have the fence around the octagon an electric fense and have a moat with alligators.

2013 on 20 year anniversary they should do that in Brazil

Does it techniqly count as mma cuz eventhough pankration was a very well rounded style it is was only one style veruse one style....where mma eventhough every know many styles they have thier favs and they clash with other styles in the cage.....sambo is a well rounded style aswell...are u going to call all sambo torneys' date=' mma torneys[/quote']

Yes as Sambo is a combination of Judo, Wrestling and boxing. Thus a mixed marital art. I can enter a sport sambo tournament as just a wrestler and I would be a disadvantage same as in MMA world.

yea the gracies pretty much put it all together to prove Brazilian Jiu jitsu is the most superior fighting martial art' date=' i read one of the gracie's first mentioned it in a 1989 playboy magazine article

And they originally were going to have the fence around the octagon an electric fense and have a moat with alligators.

2013 on 20 year anniversary they should do that in Brazil[/quote']

They wanted to be the new form of McDojo. They have accomplished that goal.

Yes as Sambo is a combination of Judo' date=' Wrestling and boxing. Thus a mixed marital art. I can enter a sport sambo tournament as just a wrestler and I would be a disadvantage same as in MMA world.[/quote']

Your right good point i was looking for that answer....then only argument the nay sayers will have is that pankration was born as it self and was not combined form other styles...saying things like boxing came from pankration and so on and so on....calming mma is only happening when styles clash...forgetting that freestyle fighters (guys like forrest) learn every style at once which pretty much is pankration

They wanted to be the new form of McDojo. They have accomplished that goal.

That i dont agree with...you cant get a gym with their name unless ur legit...u dont see multi black belts who are 7 years old coming form a gracie gym

nooo u'r all wrong coz mma started in ufc. there wouldnt be any mma if there wasnt ufc, good ting amerika did good thing and discover ufc or there be no mma of today

Pankration became an olympic sport in 648 B.C which is basically MMA' date=' Pankration is a mix of boxing, wrestling and submisions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration

Brazil is home of Brazilian jiu jitsu and the gracie family created the UFC, I think UFC is just marketing the fight saying that[/quote']

And is was done nude, covered in olive oil!

nooo u'r all wrong coz mma started in ufc. there wouldnt be any mma if there wasnt ufc' date=' good ting amerika did good thing and discover ufc or there be no mma of today[/quote']

Does anyone remember the Van Dam movie, where he competed in the "Kumite"? That was supposed to be based on a true story, the real guy's name was Frank Dux.