Why do people hate on GSP ?

shinsplint

I'm not a hater, actually I like GSP, and what he has done for the sport, and in his career. That being said...

My problem with GSP is he is no longer the fighter I became a fan of, he lost his hunger, he lost that eye of the tiger.

I liked GSP, even after Serra beat him. I knew that GSP just had a bad night, underestimated Serra, and GSP proved me right when the rematch came, he manhandled and finished Serra.

I remember a GSP that owned Hughes with violent ground and pound, and beat the tar out of Fitch in a boxing clinic.

But the GSP that fought Koscheck, Hardy, and Shields is a different guy. What happened to the RUSH?

That's my problem. I don't hate him, I think he lost his form. He is like a dose of Ambien now.

If he would come hungry and with the desire to finish, no one would hate, GSP has mad skills, one of the best technical fighters in the sport. If he was putting on a show everytime, sure its riskier, but he would be god around here.

No one actually "hates' GSP

Just not impressed with him riding out decisions and making it obvious he won't finish fight even though he says things like 'Im the Michael Jordan of MMA" and "Don't Blink!!"

He need to watch his fight with Sherk and get back to his finishing ways

Such a shame

No one actually "hates' GSP

Just not impressed with him riding out decisions and making it obvious he won't finish fight even though he says things like 'Im the Michael Jordan of MMA" and "Don't Blink!!"

He need to watch his fight with Sherk and get back to his finishing ways

Such a shame

You misquoted him, but point made.

1. ultra boring, just watch his fights.. i would pay to see that f-ag kicked out of UFC.

2. way overrated, no1/2 p4p? lol give me a break. hes got embarrassing stand up and no submission skills, hes got great TD n thats about it.

3. biggest chicken, stop ducking Silva, at least come out and say u don't wanna fight him etc, stop using weight excuse. :(

Safe Pierre = only p4p in the world that never fights anyone larger than him?

4. way he acts, talks, his fugly face.. who wouldn't hate a guy that acts n fights like a f-ag in UFC?

5. cheater, greased many many times but f-ag got away. :(

1. ultra boring' date=' just watch his fights.. i would pay to see that f-ag kicked out of UFC.

2. way overrated, no1/2 p4p? lol give me a break. hes got embarrassing stand up and no submission skills, hes got great TD n thats about it.

3. biggest chicken, stop ducking Silva, at least come out and say u don't wanna fight him etc, stop using weight excuse. :(

Safe Pierre = only p4p in the world that never fights anyone larger than him?

4. way he acts, talks, his fugly face.. who wouldn't hate a guy that acts n fights like a f-ag in UFC?

5. cheater, greased many many times but f-ag got away. :([/quote']

So what are you telling me? you DON'T like GSP? :confused:

he doesn't take full advantage of all of his talents as he used to making his fights extremely boring.

I will say that this GSP would beat pre-Serra GSP BUT pre-Serra GSP maximized his ability allowing him to finish opponents and be more unpredictable.

his past 3 fight he has had clear options to go for the kill.

Shields got DROPPED by that head kick. Shields DID survive an H-Bomb but IMO GSP is more accurate with his ground and pound which would have probably caused the ref to stop it.

Kos was pretty much blind after 2 rounds. GSP is much faster and technical he shouldn't fear that slow overhand right which Kos has. He could of (IMO) used combinations pretty easily to get a KO/TKO finish. Thiago caught Kos with a good combo when he wasn't blind.

There is no excuse what so ever for the Hardy fight. Tap or Snap. My coach has said this and I know my friends BJJ coach said the same thing. Plus as shown by the Lytle fight there is a tap limit for Hardy.

another thing that is bothering me about GSP is how mentally weak he has seemed DURING the fight. in both the Alves and Shield fights he complains to Jackson only to be ignored and refocused.

They are funny' date=' u just mad because they makin fun of your fighter[/quote']

Not really, if it's a good joke I'll laugh. I've even made some jokes about GSP, and they were pretty funny. But you guys recycle jokes, and they were never really funny to begin with.

Agreed. I mean the bloke wins- who wouldnt support a winner.

I will never support a man that purposefully does not hit his opponent

I could go on and on about the reasons I am a GSP hater

I will hate as long as he keeps saying hes going to do this and that and does not even try

When he lives up to his potential he will get more respect from me

Until then he can:

suck_it.jpg

I'm not a hater' date=' actually I like GSP, and what he has done for the sport, and in his career. That being said...

My problem with GSP is he is no longer the fighter I became a fan of, he lost his hunger, he lost that eye of the tiger.

I liked GSP, even after Serra beat him. I knew that GSP just had a bad night, underestimated Serra, and GSP proved me right when the rematch came, he manhandled and finished Serra.

I remember a GSP that owned Hughes with violent ground and pound, and beat the tar out of Fitch in a boxing clinic.

But the GSP that fought Koscheck, Hardy, and Shields is a different guy. What happened to the RUSH?

That's my problem. I don't hate him, I think he lost his form. He is like a dose of Ambien now.

If he would come hungry and with the desire to finish, no one would hate, GSP has mad skills, one of the best technical fighters in the sport. If he was putting on a show everytime, sure its riskier, but he would be god around here.[/quote']

I definitely agree with every word. I'm still a big supporter, but he really has changed.

Archived