Nogueria is Back!

TheShane39569

I think he will do better than tito did.

#2 FAV Fighter Big Nog Hell Yeah! I predicted he would beat schaub. Suck on it haters :D

also i have no link ' date=' so this has everything to do with zuffa :D[/quote']

i predicted big nog to beat schaub aswell man not by KO though that was brilliant!

Impressive win. There is enough mid-tier competition to put him back in the win category for a strong of fights.

yeah i agree. with a big win over a impressive prospect like brendan schaub this will put him back with opponents like Mittrione , Kongo , Mir , Carwin , Nelson , Cro Cop , and others.

I can honestly say I was worried for Nog with the year and a half lay off and his lack of movement in his previous couple of fights but he looked great this time around.

he took a couple of shots well and as much as I dislike Shaub the guy does hit pretty hard.

I won't say Nog is "back" but this is a great step forward following the lay off and previous performances.

I can honestly say I was worried for Nog with the year and a half lay off and his lack of movement in his previous couple of fights but he looked great this time around.

he took a couple of shots well and as much as I dislike Shaub the guy does hit pretty hard.

I won't say Nog is "back" but this is a great step forward following the lay off and previous performances.

yeah you may be right.

but you never know.

Just watched the fight again and Nog was even more impressive the second time! Let's be honest, there is no way Big Nog is 100% so soon after the operations so next fight could be even better. His handspeed was great together with pushing forward through some heavy shots barely stunning him and when he connected he put together a 9 strike combination ending the fight in glorious fashion. I will watch it a third time now.

Just watched the fight again and Nog was even more impressive the second time! Let's be honest' date=' there is no way Big Nog is 100% so soon after the operations so next fight could be even better. His handspeed was great together with pushing forward through some heavy shots barely stunning him and when he connected he put together a 9 strike combination ending the fight in glorious fashion. I will watch it a third time now.[/quote']

yeah i watched it again today man what a performance by big nog his head movement was amazing too

Just watched the fight again and Nog was even more impressive the second time! Let's be honest' date=' there is no way Big Nog is 100% so soon after the operations so next fight could be even better. His handspeed was great together with pushing forward through some heavy shots barely stunning him and when he connected he put together a 9 strike combination ending the fight in glorious fashion. I will watch it a third time now.[/quote']

I was most impressed with how well he took the shots that landed pretty clean. Shaub is overhyped and ****y but the guy does have heavy hands. Nog looked alot faster and had much better head movement from his previous outings and this was a great step forward.

He'll need another 1 or 2 performances like this to be "back" since he just got off that huge layoff and injuries. Great fight. Glad he got KOTN.

he never left...his most recent losses came from 2 of the top HWs. Mir is vastly under rated and Cain is the current champion. He did need a fight like this to beat a younger athletic guy who seemed to be an up and comer. congrats to Nog.

I think he definitely took a step back since coming to the UFC. This was his best performance (IMO) since he came in his head movement looked great, he looked faster, and he took shots well as he did back in PRIDE.

Nog is the man! I jumped out of my seat when he dropped Schaub. I hope he gets the winner of Cro Cop/Nelson. Nelson would be a good test since he also beat Schaub' date=' and Cro Cop/Nog II would be awesome.[/quote']

i think nog would floor cro cop :( i like both of them but i dont want cro cop to get floored again.

i think nog would floor cro cop :( i like both of them but i dont want cro cop to get floored again.

Nog is a very good boxer but he is also a smart fighter. He knows Cro Cops ground game is average at best. I could see him striking only to set up a takedown and look to finish it there. He already submitted him once...

Schaub shows great promise. He is very athletic for his size, good TDD, heavy hands and would have put many opponents away with the uppercuts he landed on Nog. Let's be honest both Nog and Big Country landed heavy overhands and Nog?s flurry afterwards was devastating. People just love screaming glassjaw. HW is HW.

Schaub shows great promise. He is very athletic for his size' date=' good TDD, heavy hands and would have put many opponents away with the uppercuts he landed on Nog. Let's be honest both Nog and Big Country landed heavy overhands and Nog?s flurry afterwards was devastating. People just love screaming glassjaw. HW is HW.[/quote']

I don't like Shaub so I say glass chin being a hater :rolleyes:

but Nog did look much improved considering his UFC career so far.

Archived