Shogun/Forrest KO

el_topo

Did anyone else notice something weird about that KO? Shogun hit Forrest with 2 punches that didn't land well then Forrest answered with punches of his own, then all of a sudden fell on the ground without being hit. Now Im not saying the fight was fixed or what ever, but I wanna know is it normal for a figher to loose his balance 5 seconds after being hit rather than exactly at the moment he's been hit? Plus why did Dana say "thank you" to Okami after the fight like he did him some sort of a favor?

Rashad was hit by both Rampage and Thiago hard. He looked ok at first then took a step and fell over. I guess those 2 fights were rigged as well? Just because you take a dazing blow doesn't mean you fall over immediately. It can simply put you out of sorts and off balaance, which is why he was still on his feet and swinging, then fell over when he ducked.

we see it all the time, powerful strikers landing glancing blows to the side of the head putting people down. How many times do we have to see it before retarded fans understand striking damage? Just let a friend punch or kick you in the temple and you?ll start to understand.

for the forrest ko' date=' we won't ever be able to know what went through his head, he might have been rocked and it took him a while to go down? who knows, all i know is he got hit in the face alot.

as for dana saying thank you... that's the least he could say to him after the humiliating defeat.[/quote']

sorta like Daleys KO at the hands of Diaz?

whenever you get to rewatch that fight before Griffin goes down he gets tagged good on the chin (you can hear the pop) then takes a grazing shot to the temple.

after that he was flapping around and couldn't stand even if he wanted to so it was a KO. I doubt anyone will accept getting KO'd and risking very serious injury.

Did anyone else notice something weird about that KO? Shogun hit Forrest with 2 punches that didn't land well then Forrest answered with punches of his own' date=' then all of a sudden fell on the ground without being hit. Now Im not saying the fight was fixed or what ever, but I wanna know is it normal for a figher to loose his balance 5 seconds after being hit rather than exactly at the moment he's been hit? Plus why did Dana say "thank you" to Okami after the fight like he did him some sort of a favor?[/quote']

Yes, I noticed that too. If you watch the fight in slo mo, the last punch Shogun throws before Forrest goes down doesn't even touch him. Forrest ducks his head and Shogun threw a hook, and it missed his head, maybe hit a hair but nothing to cause him to fall. I think Forrest just didn't wanna be there, and I think he doesn't like being away from home, and let that get to his head as well as the crowd booing. I so hope he comes back better in his next fight, I think he'll be more comfortable being closer to home, basically on his own turf.

yeah punch didn't land i was like wtf. but i watched it again a few times ' date=' and the two punches that landed before that hurt griffin , i saw his legs wobble , same thing happened in the attonito/roberts fight attonito rocked roberts and roberts was wobbly , he tried to duck under a head kick and fell.[/quote']

that's pretty much how it was. the ones before the actual knock down were what caused the damage. after that it was just making him lose his balance and finish him off.

Archived