POLL Barboza vs Pearson , who won?

Future_Champ

It was soo obvious. Pearson was landing punches and the crowd made no noise' date=' then Barboza woudl land one punch and the crowd would go wild.

I didn't think the judges would be dumb enough to be swayed that much by the crowd.[/quote']

Please stop crying, its really getting pathetic. Pearson loss and that's that. Nothing you can do about it.

how did Ross win the 3rd?!?!?! Barboza landed the more significant' date=' more powerful strikes, did the most damage and stuffed ALL the takedown attempts in that round.

You don't win rounds by moving forward and getting your *** kicked.[/quote']

Barboza did run around too much in the 3rd, thats why i say draw.

It was soo obvious. Pearson was landing punches and the crowd made no noise' date=' then Barboza woudl land one punch and the crowd would go wild.

I didn't think the judges would be dumb enough to be swayed that much by the crowd.[/quote']

i expected nothing less

absolutely terrible crowd, and judging

x

Well, Round 1 was definitely Pearson's.

Round 2 Barboza managed to do his best work, though Pearson stayed the aggressor, had cleaner boxing, and managed to defend a fair number of strikes from Barboza.

Round 3 Barboza landed the most damaging hits of the fight, starting swelling on Pearson and cutting him, but never really had Pearson in danger. Meanwhile Pearson was again consistently tagging Barboza with punches.

I know some want to argue takedowns defended, but really that doesn't win when aggression, striking defense, and octagon control favored Pearson.

btw, I predicted when the final horn rang that it would be a split decision and I thought Pearson would win. I'm not against Barboza getting the W because imo MMA judging should favor who does the most damage and honestly Pearson never seemed to hurt Barboza while he himself was cut and had a hematoma starting to swell up on his brow.

Agreed.

Ross may have looked the worse out the two' date=' but it were definitely 2-1 to Ross, shame.[/quote']

Pearson no doubt.

Outstriked Barboza, pushed the pace during the entire fight, landed hard shots, etc. He was rocked once and only for a second and that's why the judges gave Barboza a W.

Don't get me wrong, Barboza also landed few nice body shots but in a close fight like that, you have to award the guy who had more initiative and was the aggressor the entire fight.

Awful judging

Close fight if Pearson doesn't get dropped and cut up he would have won but **** happens. I've seen much worse decisions that fight was pretty even with Barboza dishing out more damage and going to the body a lot. Pearson may have actually landed a few more strikes but that doesn't always mean you win.

This fight was nothing like a Nam Phan/Leonard Garcia decision... or any other decision that Garcia wins...

Pearson won 1 CLEARLY and 3, although it was pretty close.

Kenny is good but he seems to lack the ability to see what is actually happening in the ring. He was all over Barboza's sack. Then, in the Thiago fight during the second round Kenny goes on a 30 second rant about how great of shape Thiago looks to be in and how he's amazingly conditioned when Thiago's mouth is hanging wide open and he's gasping for air.

There was a few suspect judge scores in this event, but i definately felt that Pearson won or at the very least i would have thought it be a draw.

Fightometrics show Pearson out-struck Barboza 60-55, plus Pearson was the aggressor throughout the fight always moving forward. Barboza was certainly quicker than Pearson and landed more 'significant' strikes i would say. I say a draw would have been fair, as Pearson landed more and was the aggressor, but Barboza landed more significant strikes.

Worth noting that Pearson seemed to have more in the tank than Barboza and if it was a 5 rounder i think Barboza would have gassed

GREAT fight though, fast paced, excellent footwork from both guys, excellent strikes, clinical kicks. A great fight to showcase the stand-up of the sport

i had pearson winning purely on aggression and octagon control. maybe the judging criteria has changed without me knowing. pearson can stand with the best of them but i don't think it was the best of ideas to get in there and try and take him down, maybe takedown defence leaned thing's barboza's way?

Pearson should have got the nod as he clearly won 2 of the 3 rounds....

Maybe the judges went for Barb due to damage & the knock down....

Also the crowd played a massive part....

KenFlo proved he bottles the big occasion in commentary as well as fighting- shocking night for kenny!

Archived