What was wrong with forrest griffin

Cola2012

it was never a question that shogun was better then forrest standing' date=' but forrest has equal grappling and better cardio... Forrest gameplan i think was to catch a kick and take him down, unfortunately for him shogun learns from his losses...[/quote']

there was definitely something wrong with forrest

I agree... Forrest looked off (since people were making the same excuses for Shogun against Forrest the first time then Jones, IT'S MY TURN!!! :P) and I think it was the travelling screwing up with his diet... he sounded like Mickey Rourke on a bender during an Helwani interview and was talking about how not being in Vegas burned his normal routine...

also, it doesn't piss me off that Gump lost... it pisses me off that he gave up as soon as it went bad... did you see him throwing his hands up like he did in his fight with Anderson Silva? pitiful :(

He said he wasnt confident going into the fight & he it played a bg part.

He was defeated before the fight began.

Correct. Forrest is a gatekeeper at best at this point. At worst, he will retire shortly in the anywhere from after this fight to 2 more fights. He doesn't have it in him any more to continue this.

I dont think gump matches up with Shogun in any area other than size and cardio.

A fit shogun is on a different level to griffin' date=' which is what people have been trying to say for years.[/quote']

Agree 100%

And some of us still try :)

I tried explaining it again few days ago but people just kept saying "Forrest already owned Shobum and he will walk through him with ease" and stuff like that. Hard to explain to those people that healthy and prepared Shogun is simply few levels above prime, prepared, motivated , pre Silva Griffin.

Cheers

I agree... Forrest looked off (since people were making the same excuses for Shogun against Forrest the first time then Jones' date=' IT'S MY TURN!!! :P) and I think it was the travelling screwing up with his diet... he sounded like Mickey Rourke on a bender during an Helwani interview and was talking about how not being in Vegas burned his normal routine...

also, it doesn't piss me off that Gump lost... [b']it pisses me off that he gave up as soon as it went bad... did you see him throwing his hands up like he did in his fight with Anderson Silva?[/b] pitiful :(

He wasn't throwing them up because he was giving up...it was because he was KTFO. His eyes were rolled back and he looked like a corpse.

He was *****ing all week that he wasn't in Las Vegas. His heart has left the sport' date=' he has a kid being born in the next few days. His head is obviously not in the fight.[/quote']

Now they share experience. Forrest fought a half-there Shogun, now Shogun fought a half-there Forrest. I hope the third match in the future, they will both be in the game.

OMG, another "What was wrong with Forrest" thread :confused:

I just watched the fight two more times just to make sure if i missed something. Nope, clearly nothing was wrong with Forrest. He was the aggressor, pushing the action, thought about throwing some kicks but realized he was too far but he also threw few of them as well. Had one decent 1-2 combination, he was swinging and fairly light on his feet. No signs of drunkness, lack of motivation or heart, nothing like it. He got hit with few good shots, was wobbly, fell down and Shogun capitalized almost in the same fashion as against Machida only without the full mount. Everything was clear as day and yet, some of the guys here just HAVE to try and come up with an excuse for Forrest. I like Forrest and he's a good fighter but Shogun was better and there was nothing wrong with Forrest.

Also, many people reflect to his interview with Ariel. We all know Forrest and the way he talks, and he was joking in that interview a lot and seemed relaxed as usual. Ofc he said he preferred to be at home, sitting in his couch etc but what does that have to do with anything? He prefers fighting in US which is natural but that doesn't mean that he didn't plan to fight once he had stepped inside the octagon.

OMG' date=' another "What was wrong with Forrest" thread :confused:

I just watched the fight two more times just to make sure if i missed something. Nope, clearly nothing was wrong with Forrest. He was the aggressor, pushing the action, thought about throwing some kicks but realized he was too far but he also threw few of them as well. Had one decent 1-2 combination, he was swinging and fairly light on his feet. No signs of drunkness, lack of motivation or heart, nothing like it. He got hit with few good shots, was wobbly, fell down and Shogun capitalized almost in the same fashion as against Machida only without the full mount. Everything was clear as day and yet, some of the guys here just HAVE to try and come up with an excuse for Forrest. I like Forrest and he's a good fighter but Shogun was better and there was nothing wrong with Forrest.

Also, many people reflect to his interview with Ariel. We all know Forrest and the way he talks, and he was joking in that interview a lot and seemed relaxed as usual. Ofc he said he preferred to be at home, sitting in his couch etc but what does that have to do with anything? He prefers fighting in US which is natural but that doesn't mean that he didn't plan to fight once he had stepped inside the octagon.[/quote']

You're one of the few being reasonable. The people that are asking what is wrong with Forrest are the same people knocking Shogun for "making excuses".

You're one of the few being reasonable. The people that are asking what is wrong with Forrest are the same people knocking Shogun for "making excuses".

You are probably right.

But honestly, i think everyone who doubts Forrest was fine, should just go back and watch the fight few more times like i did. I tried hard noticing if there was something different about Forrest and nothing was there. He looked totally fine to me.

Cheers

I haven't even watched the fights yet. I'll offer my unbiased diagnosis when I do see it. Everyone should know by now that I'm always fair and balanced.

OMG' date=' another "What was wrong with Forrest" thread :confused:

Also, many people reflect to his interview with Ariel. We all know Forrest and the way he talks, and he was joking in that interview a lot and seemed relaxed as usual. Ofc he said he preferred to be at home, sitting in his couch etc but what does that have to do with anything? He prefers fighting in US which is natural but that doesn't mean that he didn't plan to fight once he had stepped inside the octagon.[/quote']

forrest never threw those weak slow kicks like that before

Not sure if any of you pay attention to the outside the ring news but Forrest BALLOONED up like Ricky Hatton before this fight. He is naturally a gigantic 205 lber, but this time he put on massive amounts of fat. Just like a week out there were many analysts saying they doubt he could possibly cut enough weight to make 205 for the fight. So, I imagine he was not only dehydrated but probably a bit loopy from all the weight he had to cut. So... yeah in essence kind of drunk.

Not sure if any of you pay attention to the outside the ring news but Forrest BALLOONED up like Ricky Hatton before this fight. He is naturally a gigantic 205 lber' date=' but this time he put on massive amounts of fat. Just like a week out there were many analysts saying they doubt he could possibly cut enough weight to make 205 for the fight. So, I imagine he was not only dehydrated but probably a bit loopy from all the weight he had to cut. So... yeah in essence kind of drunk.[/quote']

never knew that, good post

Archived