WTF happen to griffen no heart or just don't have it no more?

JON_KO_DOE860

During the week, watched an interview with Forrest done by Ariel.

That should have sent the warning signs flashing... Forrest stated that he hated being there,,,, didnt want the fight, wanted to be at home with his wife.

His heart wasnt in it.

His performance tonite proved it.

Well done Shogun. He wanted it more.

I have always like forrest but he is a product of the ufc marketing to some level....everyone says hes and ace bjj guy yet who has he subed of any note and dont say shogun cuz hes no ace himself....they say forrest is one of the toughest fighters in the ufc...he has tapped to strikes and gave up in the silva fight....and the ufc would love for us to think the silva fight is the only one he cried and left before the ref raised hands...he did that in the hector fight to....im not sayin he aint tough at all im just sayin those are not true statments bout forrest

I have always like forrest but he is a product of the ufc marketing to some level....everyone says hes and ace bjj guy yet who has he subed of any note and dont say shogun cuz hes no ace himself....they say forrest is one of the toughest fighters in the ufc...he has tapped to strikes and gave up in the silva fight....and the ufc would love for us to think the silva fight is the only one he cried and left before the ref raised hands...he did that in the hector fight to....im not sayin he aint tough at all im just sayin those are not true statments bout forrest

Shogun isnt a BJJ ace?...

...hmm

x

Ah so just like when Shogun fought Jones....

Shogun wasnt off or anything. Jones just destroyed him.

I think these are two slightly different animals.

Jones won, no doubt. He hurt Shogun early and really Shogun (dare I say) showed Griffin-esque toughness and heart, staying in the fight against Jones at long as he did. Combine this with Shogun having little over a month to adjust from preparing to fight Evans to preparing for Jones....that's a handicap in and of itself for Shogun.

Shogun came in preparing for Griffin, getting to face Griffin, motivated to put on a huge win in front of the Rio crowd, and turned in a performance like he had against Machida part2. Griffin has been fading from the fight game for a while and hasn't seemed to be really driven, and tonight he payed dearly for that.

I think this fight really showed that the Jones fight was more of an anomaly for Shogun than Jones fans and Shogun haters want to admit.

Archived