ffiixxeedd

metalman_666

done with the ufc, if that wasnt fixed i dunno what is, felt like i was watching the wwe tonight, fighters fighting completely out of their element and dropping whenevr a brazlian fighter hits them, and then when it goes to decision barboza wins a fight where pearson easily had rounds 1 and 3... i dunno if its just me but it looked like a couple dives, and threw that much okami doesnt try to take down silva, ********

In this individual's defense...

I could see how someone might think the main event had been fixed. By all rights Okami did what he had to do in round 1. He kept close enough that Silva couldn't use his long legs, pressured him slowly and surely, got him against the cage for some dirty boxing. Silva did very little, really his only good moment was landing that hooking kick at the end of round 1.

Then in round 2 Okami is staying back, avoiding Silva a bit. Silva's first punch that knocked Okami down didn't seem to really hurt Okami, and the second time Okami dropped it didn't seem nearly as strong of an impact.

Really I think what made the difference was that kick at the end of round 1. It spooked Okami enough that he didn't want to keep pressing forward, even though that is exactly what he should have done.

And really I thought Pearson would've won. I predicted it would be a split decision for one of them to win. I thought Pearson would win by number of strikes and aggression, instead Barboza won by damage. Damn good fight, probably Fight of the Night.

When there is a fight for the 'Military', most of the ex-military wins. When there is a fight in England, most of the English fighters win.

And when there is a fight in Brazil, most of the Brazilian fighters win. This is setup. Plain and simple.

Its for $$$ and ratings!

done with the ufc' date=' if that wasnt fixed i dunno what is, felt like i was watching the wwe tonight, fighters fighting completely out of their element and dropping whenevr a brazlian fighter hits them, and then when it goes to decision barboza wins a fight where pearson easily had rounds 1 and 3... i dunno if its just me but it looked like a couple dives, and threw that much okami doesnt try to take down silva, ********[/quote']

Bye bye -

index-gun.jpg

This was a great card with exciting fights and finishes. If you didnt enjoy tonight's PPV you're probably not a real MMA fan and you should go back to watching whatever it is you enjoyed before you jumped on the MMA bandwagon to be "cool".

Oh by the way, Pearson lost badly and the only laughable thing was that a judge actually scored him winning.

This was a great card with exciting fights and finishes. If you didnt enjoy tonight's PPV you're probably not a real MMA fan and you should go back to watching whatever it is you enjoyed before you jumped on the MMA bandwagon to be "cool".

Oh by the way' date=' Pearson lost badly and the only laughable thing was that a judge actually scored him winning[/b'].

Agreed, I also thought that he was outdone and should have had a UD.

He stuffed all the takedowns and avoided most of Pearsons punches while blasting him back with counters and kicking his liver so hard that it went back in to his kidneys and said "what's up?".

He's right. Schaub and Griffin both took a dive, Pearson wasn't even trying to win with the way he kept back pedaling and laying down like he was doing his Maia impression. Okami isn't really a fighter.... He is actually a Japanese actor sent to Rio to help set betting odds for bookies. Dana White and Zuffa do all of this just to win money from gambling. They don't really make anything from ticket sales or PPV events. Bud Light and Burger King actually pick the winners weeks before by holding a contest to see who can shotgun two beers spin around ten times and eat five Whoppers the quickest. If there is a tie for first place they hold two man sack races on consecutive Sunday's until a winner is crowned.

In this individual's defense...

I could see how someone might think the main event had been fixed. By all rights Okami did what he had to do in round 1. He kept close enough that Silva couldn't use his long legs' date=' pressured him slowly and surely, got him against the cage for some dirty boxing. Silva did very little, really his only good moment was landing that hooking kick at the end of round 1.

Then in round 2 Okami is staying back, avoiding Silva a bit. Silva's first punch that knocked Okami down didn't seem to really hurt Okami, and the second time Okami dropped it didn't seem nearly as strong of an impact.

[b']

Really I think what made the difference was that kick at the end of round 1. It spooked Okami enough that he didn't want to keep pressing forward, even though that is exactly what he should have done.[/b]

And really I thought Pearson would've won. I predicted it would be a split decision for one of them to win. I thought Pearson would win by number of strikes and aggression, instead Barboza won by damage. Damn good fight, probably Fight of the Night.

bolded part i think okami was rocked from that kick even going into round 2

Archived