No doubt anymore

Fadadio

I am a big GSP fan but there is NO more denying it anymore...Anderson silva is the pound for pound best fighter on the planet. not only does he destroy his opponents but he pulls of **** you would expect to see in some over the top kung fu movies.Yeah no more denial its over and done GG NO RE

I beg to differ.

Silva is definately among the best strikers in MMA.

Now follow me here...we're talking about Mixed Martial Arts.

I would argue the best fighter is the most rounded fighter, which is GSP.

Silva in truth is very 1-dimensional. He's an amazingly talented kickboxer. He also has very good TDD, which lets him keep almost all of his fight time on his feet where he is one of the very best.

By contrast GSP has a good range of striking skills, fantastic takedown skill, good grappling on top or bottom, good takedown defense. He is comfortable wherever the fight goes.

I beg to differ.

I would argue the best fighter is the most rounded fighter' date=' which is GSP.

Silva in truth is very 1-dimensional. He's an amazingly talented kickboxer. He also has very good TDD, which lets him keep almost all of his fight time on his feet where he is one of the very best.

By contrast GSP has a good range of striking skills, fantastic takedown skill, good grappling on top or bottom, good takedown defense. He is comfortable wherever the fight goes.[/quote']

Biased people will be biased.

Yushin was just literally standing there in perfect range to get ko'd. WTF was he thinking? Did he not see the Vitor and Forrest fight on what not to do to avoid an embarassing KO. It's getting kind of pathetic. Anderson has skills, but he's beating up people that won't even fight him. They lose before they even enter the cage.

You can try to say I'm biased because I'm a GSP fan and not an Anderson fan, but you don't know WHY I am a fan of one and not the other.

I'm a GSP fan because the guy is one of the greatest athletes/most rounded fighters today. He's a humble individual and excellent sportsman.

Silva is arrogant as **** and will clown around instead of fight if he doesn't feel like it (Cote, Leites, Maia).

Both are amazing fighters. Silva stands head and shoulders above all other MWs when it comes to his striking skill, but GSP stand head and shoulders above all other WWs in complete skill.

In my book, that makes the more rounded guy the better one.

Call me bias, but I dare you to find a way to argue against it. This is MMA we're talking about, not K1.

I beg to differ.

I would argue the best fighter is the most rounded fighter' date=' which is GSP.

By contrast GSP has a good range of striking skills, fantastic takedown skill, good grappling on top or bottom, good takedown defense. He is comfortable wherever the fight goes.[/quote']

You forgot that Anderson has ended fights in submission too. I'm pretty sure Anderson is as rounded as GSP. Its just Anderson gives the fans what they want, and isn't scared to do so.

Anderson Silva respects everyone he fights, but when he is in the fight he toys with them, and that breaks them down, the main problem is for people that doesn't know Portuguese, because the translators never do a good job in translating what he says properly and sometimes makes him sound like his an as@#$@!

You say his not well rounded, haven't seen Anderson beat guys that were the best at grappling and jiu-jitsu? and he won those fights by making those guys tap???

I love GSP, but to me Anderson is better.

You can try to say I'm biased because I'm a GSP fan and not an Anderson fan' date=' but you don't know WHY I am a fan of one and not the other.

I'm a GSP fan because the guy is one of the greatest athletes/most rounded fighters today. He's a humble individual and excellent sportsman.

Silva is arrogant as **** and will clown around instead of fight if he doesn't feel like it (Cote, Leites, Maia).

Both are amazing fighters. Silva stands head and shoulders above all other MWs when it comes to his striking skill, but GSP stand head and shoulders above all other WWs in complete skill.

Call me bias, but I dare you to find a way to argue against it. This is MMA we're talking about, not K1.[/quote']

Anderson Silva respects everyone he fights' date=' but when he is in the fight he toys with them, and that breaks them down, the main problem is for people that doesn't know Portuguese, because the translators never do a good job in translating what he says properly and sometimes makes him sound like his an as@#$@!

You say his not well rounded, haven't seen Anderson beat guys that were the best at grappling and jiu-jitsu? and he won those fights by making those guys tap???

I love GSP, but to me Anderson is better.[/quote']

Did Maia tap? Nope

Leites? Nope

Lutter? On "The Comeback" for a reason.

When has Hendo ever demonstrated good grappling on the ground? People hug his Olympic pedigree from a time when they were trying to use it to legitimize MMA in the USA. Let's be honest, Hendo is all about using his wrestling to stay on his feet and he keeps throwing his big right hoping to land it. He's not a fabulous wrestler.

Sonnen did tap, but it's not like he's NEVER tapped to a triangle before. For some reason he panics when caught in one, and really he was in position to break Silva's triangle before his panic tap.

Anderson is not the more rounded fighter.

I beg to differ.

Why is he scared to fight Silva? Thanks in advance for not providing an answer.

lmao true he didn't make everyone tap, but those guys couldn't keep him on the ground and get Anderson to tap, what makes you think GSP can do that on Anderson? Have you seen the difference in size? Anderson has a great ground game, true he is at his best when striking, but give credit where is due buddy!

So tell me this, what does Anderson needs to do to be a well rounded fighter in your eyes? lol

Did Maia tap? Nope

Leites? Nope

When has Hendo ever demonstrated good grappling on the ground? People hug his Olympic pedigree from a time when they were trying to use it to legitimize MMA in the USA. Let's be honest' date=' Hendo is all about using his wrestling to stay on his feet and he keeps throwing his big right hoping to land it. He's not a fabulous wrestler.

Sonnen did tap, but it's not like he's NEVER tapped to a triangle before. For some reason he panics when caught in one, and really he was in position to break Silva's triangle before his panic tap.

Anderson is not the more rounded fighter.[/quote']

Why do we assume GSP is afraid to fight Silva? Does this mean we can assume Silva is afraid to fight Jones? Or why not say Silva is afraid to drop down to fight GSP?

Statistically Silva isn't much larger than GSP, 2 inches of height, 1.5 inches reach. Why is GSP the one expected to move up to Silva's weight?

Furthermore, do you really think Dana White wants to REALLY make this fight happen? Two of the best UFC champs ever, do you want them facing off and have one of their stocks drop?

I just want people to stop bothering to say someone is afraid and unwilling to fight someone else unless they have a legitimate quote from video or print.

lmao true he didn't make everyone tap' date=' but those guys couldn't keep him on the ground and get Anderson to tap, what makes you think GSP can do that on Anderson? Have you seen the difference in size? Anderson has a great ground game, true he is at his best when striking, but give credit where is due buddy!

So tell me this, what does Anderson needs to do to be a well rounded fighter in your eyes? lol[/quote']

Having good TDD and good grappling are not the same. Anderson isn't as well rounded as GSP, period.

Gsp is p4p greatest.. Him or jon jones/cain

Please don't be another stupid fool like Bright or CLB

Let Cain and JBJ defend their belts a couple times before you dangle off their junk.

Both are great fighters and can do it, the question is WILL they do it?

Anderson has absolutely nothing to prove, not even to the blind haters that crowd these forums. Let JBJ and Cain prove they belong next to him.

GSP is close.

Aldo is getting up there too.

Please don't be another stupid fool like Bright or CLB

Let Cain and JBJ defend their belts a couple times before you dangle off their junk.

Both are great fighters and can do it' date=' the question is WILL they do it?

Anderson has absolutely nothing to prove, not even to the blind haters that crowd these forums. Let JBJ and Cain prove they belong next to him.

GSP is close.

Aldo is getting up there too.[/quote']

Cain has done much more to prove himself than Silva has ever done with fighting little small fries in the MW division. Put Cain in the MW division and he would clean it out just as fast. Silva just has the reach advantage that only wrestlers, something that the MW division severely lacks, could counter.

I beg to differ.

I don't think you follow mixed martial arts if you truly believe what you wrote.

You can try to say I'm biased because I'm a GSP fan and not an Anderson fan' date=' but you don't know WHY I am a fan of one and not the other.

Call me bias, but I dare you to find a way to argue against it. This is MMA we're talking about, not K1.[/quote']

... this is MMA though, you are supposed to be a fan of the sport not a guys personality, watch a reality tv show if u dont care that much about the fights. and for the record silva isn't arrogant

yeah man. Seriously, after watching his performance i have to admit there is no competition between him and gsp for p4p. Silva goes out there and finishes his opponents and makes them look like ****. Im a big gsp fan, but it made me realize how conservative gsp is, how he doesn't take chances and just the fact that Anderson isn't even tentative. He goes there finishes fights. GSP is a great fighter, no doubt. He needs to finish Diaz, for sure, to keep his legacy and be considered p4p best. Silva is just crazy *** good. It's insane.

lmao you are cracking me up, still didn't answer my question!

Here are Anderson's styles: Muay Thai, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwondo, Judo, Capoeira.

If I am not mistaken he has a black celt in BJJ! He is well rounded, I don't see a problem when you think that GSP is better, but to say Anderson is not well rounded or as well rounded is just silly lol :P

Having good TDD and good grappling are not the same. Anderson isn't as well rounded as GSP' date=' period.[/quote']

I beg to differ.

I would argue the best fighter is the most rounded fighter' date=' which is GSP.[/b']

By contrast GSP has a good range of striking skills, fantastic takedown skill, good grappling on top or bottom, good takedown defense. He is comfortable wherever the fight goes.

All that "well rounded" **** and still can't finish an opponent.

Did Maia tap? Nope

Leites? Nope

When has Hendo ever demonstrated good grappling on the ground? People hug his Olympic pedigree from a time when they were trying to use it to legitimize MMA in the USA. Let's be honest' date=' Hendo is all about using his wrestling to stay on his feet and he keeps throwing his big right hoping to land it. He's not a fabulous wrestler.

Of course the most well rounded can't even submit a purple belt.

Demian-Maia.jpg

ufc111_10_gsp_vs_hardy_005.jpg?w=788

seriously im surprised he didn't tap. But gsp should have just kept it on the feet, he would have had a better chance. But damn that fights long ago now. (haha like a year).

As for discussing who is the more well-rounded fighter, imo, it's a toss up. Can't deny either of them. Silva obvioulsy phenomenal striking, good ground game. GSP-solid stand-up, good ground game, and here's the biggest difference GSP has the better wrestling. Im talking pure takedowns. But Anderson has great tdd and so does gsp. So imo its even. Silva's striking obviously is better, but gsp's wrestling is better. so they are essentially even.

... this is MMA though' date=' you are supposed to be a fan of the sport not a guys personality, watch a reality tv show if u dont care that much about the fights. and for the record silva isn't arrogant[/quote']

Exactly, and I hope some people realize this. This is not a reality show. If you are interested in getting character development: read a book, play a video game, or watch a reality show. This is MMA! And yeah dude, for the record, Silva is not arrogant. He treats all fighters with respect.

I truly think LuseFan is not an MMA fan.

seriously im surprised he didn't tap. But gsp should have just kept it on the feet' date=' he would have had a better chance. But damn that fights long ago now. (haha like a year).

As for discussing who is the more well-rounded fighter, imo, it's a toss up. Can't deny either of them. Silva obvioulsy phenomenal striking, good ground game. GSP-solid stand-up, good ground game, and here's the biggest difference GSP has the better wrestling. Im talking pure takedowns. But Anderson has great tdd and so does gsp. So imo its even. Silva's striking obviously is better, but gsp's wrestling is better. so they are essentially even.[/quote']

I agree with your assessment except I don't think GSP has good BJJ. He couldn't even finish DAN HARDY with a submission and after the fight, he seemed bewildered at how to finish that submission and what went wrong.

I beg to differ.

Dude. Gsps striking would get him killed.against silva. And.. silva 1 dimensional? Probably has a higher sub rate than gsp. Forget it man. I love gsp im from montreal and all... but silva is the best.

I agree with your assessment except I don't think GSP has good BJJ. He couldn't even finish DAN HARDY with a submission and after the fight' date=' he seemed bewildered at how to finish that submission and what went wrong.[/quote']

i can see what your saying. He does not necessarily have a high number a sub finishes. just 2. Silva i think has 3 (Lutter, Hendo, Sonnen). IMO his sub defense is better than his offense. I think it would be difficult to submit gsp.<---(someone's gonna reference the tap to strikes, guarantee it lol.)

Wait, I'm not allowed to dislike a fighter that has refused to actually fight?

Do you realize how two-faced this is? How many people praise Anderson for being a finisher and criticize GSP for not finishing, when Silva has literally run away from the other fighter because he didn't want to throw down? GSP was heckled for not trying to go for heavier strikes against Kos, when Anderson won against Cote because Cote injured himself in the fight and Anderson wasn't taking the fight to him?

And he's not arrogant?

Despite twice winning 3 rounds on points then clowning for the final two to win?

His personality follows him into the cage and his fighting. I'm a fan of MMA and want to see this slimy little cuss lose.

And really, do I have to get deep into the discussion of how Silva got his BJJ black belt? And his lack of shown ability when on bottom?

Lutter : On "The Comback" for a reason and tapped to elbows because Silva couldn't finish the choke properly.

Hendo : Overrated as a wrestler.

Sonnen : Panics in triangle chokes, beyond that Sonnen was in perfect position to break out of it, Silva was instead doing an awkward armbar rather than trying to choke Chael.

Silva is NOT good on the ground. Just enough to get by against weak grapplers.

And his TDD is vastly superior to the great grapplers he has faced.

Wait' date=' I'm not allowed to dislike a fighter that has refused to actually fight?

Do you realize how two-faced this is? How many people praise Anderson for being a finisher and criticize GSP for not finishing, when Silva has literally run away from the other fighter because he didn't want to throw down? GSP was heckled for not trying to go for heavier strikes against Kos, when Anderson won against Cote because Cote injured himself in the fight and Anderson wasn't taking the fight to him?

And he's not arrogant?

Despite twice winning 3 rounds on points then clowning for the final two to win?

His personality follows him into the cage and his fighting. I'm a fan of MMA and want to see this slimy little cuss lose.

And really, do I have to get deep into the discussion of how Silva got his BJJ black belt? And his lack of shown ability when on bottom?

Lutter : On "The Comback" for a reason and tapped to elbows because Silva couldn't finish the choke properly.

Sonnen : Panics in triangle chokes, beyond that Sonnen was in perfect position to break out of it, Silva was instead doing an awkward armbar rather than trying to choke Chael.

And his TDD is vastly superior to the great grapplers he has faced.[/quote']

Ok now I smell troll.

Wait' date=' I'm not allowed to dislike a fighter that has refused to actually fight?

And he's not arrogant?

And his TDD is vastly superior to the great grapplers he has faced.[/quote']

2ywfjm1.gif

Ok let's just clear this Silva vs GSP thing up right now and refer to this once the fight has happened...

GSP as an overall skilled fighter, IS better than Silva. It's simply undeniable.

As much as it pains me to say this though, i'm not a delusionist and Silva would take out GSP faster than most of his other opponents. Why? Because GSP has genuine respect for his opponents and doesn't want to take someone out in brutal fashion unlike Silva who deep down doesn't respect anyone. GSP just isn't an aggressive and disrespectful person like Silva is, and this is one of the main reasons he would lose even though technically he is superior.

GSP is such a decent guy and has far more class in this sport than this MJ wannabe.

Ok let's just clear this Silva vs GSP thing up right now and refer to this once the fight has happened...

GSP as an overall skilled fighter' date=' IS better than Silva. It's simply undeniable.

As much as it pains me to say this though, i'm not a delusionist and Silva would take out GSP faster than most of his other opponents. Why? Because GSP has [b']genuine[/b] respect for his opponents and doesn't want to take someone out in brutal fashion unlike Silva who deep down doesn't respect anyone. GSP just isn't an aggressive and disrespectful person like Silva is, and this is one of the main reasons he would lose even though technically he is superior.

GSP is such a decent guy and has far more class in this sport than this MJ wannabe.

DOMESTICBATTERY.gif.pagespeed.ce.kxPnmjiGZf.gif

****ing idiots.

Anderson is a ****ing god and should be warshiped by everyone hash;) such. He PLAYS with other humans, watching him fight is almost like watching a puppet show.

If you have any doubt that Anderson is the best in the world and on his own level, you are either just ****ing stupid, or you don't watch figths.

All hail to the king.

-

Did Maia tap? Nope

Leites? Nope

Panic tap?lol I have heard every excuse for that loss now.. Bottom line how come GSP makes excuses to move to MW and when Anderson said Catchweight GSP still said no. GSP is scared of Silva...

GSP as an overall skilled fighter' date=' IS better than Silva. It's simply undeniable.

As much as it pains me to say this though, i'm not a delusionist and Silva would take out GSP faster than most of his other opponents. Why? Because GSP has [b']genuine[/b] respect for his opponents and doesn't want to take someone out in brutal fashion unlike Silva who deep down doesn't respect anyone. GSP just isn't an aggressive and disrespectful person like Silva is, and this is one of the main reasons he would lose even though technically he is superior.

I really hope your being sarcastic..

I beg to differ.

lol... another hardcore Safe Pierre ****..

Safe Pierre is the true one dimensional fighter, great TD n thats about it.

GSP's stand up is joke(watch Shields or Koscheck fight), and he couldn't even finish Hardy.

gsplytleqna.jpg

Archived