For everyone who thinks some of tonights fights were fixed.

wingzero8717

This is false none of the fights were fixed and here is why below

Nog vs Schaub - Brendan connected with some big shots early on but Nog walked through them and landed several solid shots that put Schaub down we all knew Brendan had a questionable chin from the big country fight. - not fixed

Pearson vs Barboza - very good fight and could have gone either way Pearson was the aggressor but Barboza landed better shots through out the fight. round 1 could have gone either way, round 2 was barboza, and round 3 was pearson. Fight was really a flip of a coin it was that close - not fixed

Shogun vs Griffin - Rua connected with a big right hand too the temple that staggered Griffin, and as Rua threw another big right Forrest attempted a sloppy takedown thus dodging the punch while he was hurt, and Shogun reversed him got into his half guard and pounded him out, so people saying griffin fell from nothing are mistaken he attempted a sloppy takedown while he was hurt rewatch the fight and you will see.

Silva vs Okami - Round 1 yushin did what he needed to do he put Anderson against the cage landed some clinch punches to the body and attempted 2 or 3 take downs, Anderson gauged his opponent in round 1 as he has so many times in the past, round 2 Silva found his range waited for Okami too commit and countered effectively and dropped Yushin several times the last time he took advantage and dropped bombs on Okami until the ref was forced to stop the fight, Anderson's aggresion in round 2 bewildered Yushin in my opinion theres no way that fight was fixed Silva just landed clean - not fixed

In closing none of the fights tonight were fixed theres just people who are haters and or fanboys who cannot accept it when one of there most hated fighters wins, and one of there beloved fighters lose.

IDK dude, Forrest got knocked down by a Vitor/Sexyama style punch that barely, barely grazed him.

And after all that training with Chael, that's the best Yushin can do is just stand there like an idiot and get punched in the face? Then after he gets knocked down he just curls into a ball as Anderson tinkers around with him until the ref stops it?

Raises suspicion for me

IDK dude' date=' Forrest got knocked down by a Vitor/Sexyama style punch that barely, barely grazed him.

And after all that training with Chael, that's the best Yushin can do is just stand there like an idiot and get punched in the face? Then after he gets knocked down he just curls into a ball as Anderson tinkers around with him until the ref stops it?

Raises suspicion for me[/quote']

Lol maybe because he got tooled?

IDK dude' date=' Forrest got knocked down by a Vitor/Sexyama style punch that barely, barely grazed him.

i bet if u get punced in the face youll curl up in a ball. fixed fights in mma or should i say ufc i doubt it someone would rat for a quick buck about it

Forrest looks just like a plank of wood tonight. He obviously did not want to be fighting. He said a heap of this before the fight. Great to see Shogun in shape though, i think he should fight loser of Bones vs Rampage (Aka Rampage). And then go for the title after Machida vs Jones.

It is obvious that fighting Anderson Silva is just like fighting Batman. You're fighting a symbol, not a man. Chael Sonnen is a villain and is able to battle with Silva.

I agree none of the fights were fixed, but something is clearly wrong with Forrest... he sounded punch drunk during his recent interview with Ariel, looked like absolute garbage during his fight, and immediately gave up when Shogun had him on the ground... he was waving off the fight before Shogun started landing any punches on the ground.

Forrest really needs to get himself checked out or something... considering how many times he's fought to the absolute death with others, it screams that someone wasn't right... he reminded me of when Liddell was going through his drug/alcohol problems... I REALLY hope I'm wrong with that...

I agree none of the fights were fixed' date=' but something is clearly wrong with Forrest... he sounded punch drunk during his recent interview with Ariel, looked like absolute garbage during his fight, and immediately gave up when Shogun had him on the ground... he was waving off the fight before Shogun started landing any punches on the ground.

Forrest really needs to get himself checked out or something... considering how many times he's fought to the absolute death with others, it screams that someone wasn't right... he reminded me of when Liddell was going through his drug/alcohol problems... I REALLY hope I'm wrong with that...[/quote']

Forrest's wife is having his first baby i believe in the next couple of days. End of discussion.

I agree none of the fights were fixed' date=' but something is clearly wrong with Forrest... he sounded punch drunk during his recent interview with Ariel, looked like absolute garbage during his fight, and immediately gave up when Shogun had him on the ground... he was waving off the fight before Shogun started landing any punches on the ground.

Forrest really needs to get himself checked out or something... considering how many times he's fought to the absolute death with others, it screams that someone wasn't right... he reminded me of when Liddell was going through his drug/alcohol problems... [b']I REALLY hope I'm wrong with that...[/b]

Me too... That's a tragedy if true.

I am not as concerned about fights being fixed but more of those who pay $54.99 for the fights who get a poor product.

I mean seriously the UFC could add about twice the amount of fights for the same price. For those who think they are getting 4 hours of great action only get 2 hours of fighting.

The UFC has take over the WEC and Strikeforce and now are basically sucking the blood out of their fans. Their fans pay a exorbintant amount of money for very little action.

When are the fans going to control the UFC fight card?

Dana makes a ton of money for limited action. Why do the fans have to pay so much for very little fight activity? This really sucks. When are the fans going to change the sport for the better.

Their greed will take end their success...

Rich

I am not as concerned about fights being fixed but more of those who pay $54.99 for the fights who get a poor product.

I mean seriously the UFC could add about twice the amount of fights for the same price. For those who think they are getting 4 hours of great action only get 2 hours of fighting.

The UFC has take over the WEC and Strikeforce and now are basically sucking the blood out of their fans. Their fans pay a exorbintant amount of money for very little action.

Dana makes a ton of money for limited action. Why do the fans have to pay so much for very little fight activity? This really sucks. When are the fans going to change the sport for the better.

Rich

Dude, nobody cares about that. You either pay 54.99 for 2 hours of awesome, or 4 hours of snoozing, that's usually how it is. It balances out one way or the other.

It's not greed, it's business, and Dana has shown that he's using this money in every way to further the business and bring it closer to being a mainstream sport.

Prove me wrong.

Forrest's wife is having his first baby i believe in the next couple of days. End of discussion.

you'd think that would be added fuel for the fire though... we've heard that story countless times and it normally makes the fighters into wrecking machines rather than trainwrecks..

but it's all in how you deal with it... I really hope he's not going crazy and making poor choices coping with the stress of it all...

Rich

the thing with this is that by now most fans know what they are getting and what is involved,and the fun of it is that anything can happen at anytime,sometimes fights can be not the most exciting,but some fights are phenominal,some have great comebacks,knockouts or submissions,thats the beauty of it,but what i am annoyed about,i live in Australia and i didnt get to see the 2 prelims,palhares vs miller and the other fight,it wasnt on TV at all,whereas before they have been on either 1HD or fuel TV,i know its not much but i am just wondering why they can put a few of the undercard fights on facebook,but not 2 prelims on TV

Archived