The Great History of Brazil vs. England

JP24

There has been only 9 Brazil vs. England fights in UFC History, and I felt compelled to study this aspect of the sport out and find out what the stats are regarding Brazil vs. England.

Enjoy benefiting from my hard work. ;)

Paul Taylor (E) defeated Edilberto de Oliveira (B) via TKO (Strikes) at 0:37 of Round 3

UFC 70, July 13, 2002

Brazil: 0

England: 1

Junior Assuncao (B) defeated David Lee (E) via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:55 of Round 2

UFC 70, July 13, 2002

Brazil 1

Gleison Tibau (B) defeated Terry Etim (E) via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

UFC 75, September 8, 2007

Brazil: 2

Wanderlei Silva (B) defeated Michael Bisping (E) via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

UFC 110, February 21, 2010

Brazil: 3

Andre Winner (E) defeated Rafaello Oliveira (B) via Unanimoust Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

UFN: Florian vs. Gomi, March 31, 2010

Brazil: 3

England: 2

Rafael Dos Anjos (B) defeated Terry Etim (E) via Submission (Armbar) at 4:30 of Round 2

UFC 112, April 10, 2010

Brazil: 4

Fabio Maldonado (B) defeated James McSweeney (E) via TKO (Punches) at 0:48 of Round 3

UFC 120, October 16, 2010

Brazil: 5

Rob Broughton (E) defeated Vincius Kappke de Queiroz via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:43 of Round 3

UFC 120, October 16, 2010

Brazil: 5

England: 3

Edson Barboza (B) defeated Ross Pearson (E) via Split Decision (29-28, 29-28 Barboza, 29-28 Pearson)

UFC 134, August 27, 2011

Brazil: 6

Brazil: 6

Looks like you just can't be better than Brazil. ;)

Additional stats:

Etim lost twice for England.

Queiroz got pegged for PED's after losing via Submission to Broughton and got cut.

First fight, England won by a Knock Out.

Second fight, Brazil won by a Submission.

What other Brazil vs. England fights would you be interested in seeing?

Bisping Wandy was maybe bad judging..... Pearson Barboza was definately bad judging....

But to be fair I don't think anyone who know anything about MMA would argue that UK are in the same league as Brazil at the moment...

So what's the point?

i dont know about that, UK doesnt really have nothing to show for it. brazilians been dominating for a long time. UK has ways to go.

i dont know about that' date=' UK doesnt really have nothing to show for it. brazilians been dominating for a long time. UK has ways to go.[/quote']

Yeah thats what i meant.....

In terms of the world stage;

#1 Brazil/USA

#3 Canada (basically just because of St Pierre)

#4 UK

& everybody else is miles behind...

Bisping Wandy was maybe bad judging..... Pearson Barboza was definately bad judging....

But to be fair I don't think anyone who know anything about MMA would argue that UK are in the same league as Brazil at the moment...

So what's the point?

Bump... More people must see.

Archived