Okami gameplan??

liddell93

Anyone know what on earth okami was doing last night?he is supposed to an incredible wrestler but yet he didn't look to take Anderson down and wanted to stand with him..it was frustrating to watch after all the hype about okami being the strongest middleweight in the world and after reports saying he was beating and taking chael down in training..any views on okami?

Anyone know what on earth okami was doing last night?he is supposed to an incredible wrestler but yet he didn't look to take Anderson down and wanted to stand with him..it was frustrating to watch after all the hype about okami being the strongest middleweight in the world and after reports saying he was beating and taking chael down in training..any views on okami?

Anyone who's seen his career wil know that he is not the world beating wrestler that they made him out to be before the fight....

I've being watching him for years an I know that but after training with chael,an unbelievable wrestler,it was reported that he was an excellent wrestler,very strong at takedowns..and sonnen took Anderson down for five rounds and wasn't that tired,just has a bad submission defense

I've being watching him for years an I know that but after training with chael' date='an unbelievable wrestler,it was reported that he was an excellent wrestler,very strong at takedowns..and sonnen took Anderson down for five rounds and wasn't that tired,just has a bad submission defense[/quote']

chael basically said if okami was to take the fight to him he would do fine. okami didnt do that, got star struck and played into silva gameplan.

true' date=' dont know who can beat him at this point.[/quote']

Age.....

or after watching the Hendo,Sonnen & Lutter fights it's clear Anderson has his hardest fights against wrestlers so I think it would be interesting to see how he gets on against St Pierre who would obviously take no risks... I'd like to think the spider would clean him up easily enough though.

This was by FAR the worst UFC i've ever seen. As predicted by every fan except the promoters, Silva was left alone in the first round to start his dance routine and Okami fell for the mythical overconfidence and **** himself instead of being aggressive. Absolutely pathetic..

Half of the show was a portuguese lesson. Also, Danas fine with his dancing antics when it's making him tons of cash isn't he?

It's a good job that wasn't the first Fox show as they would have lost fans not made them.

what are you guys complaining about? he was taking on anderson silva

he utilized the best strategy he could against a guy like that' date=' which was to walk out of the cage still alive.[/quote']

I see waht you mean... but his best strategy would have surely been to attempt TD after TD untill he gets him down, as it was only a matter of time before he got KO'd on the feet.

chael basically said if okami was to take the fight to him he would do fine. okami didnt do that' date=' got star struck and played into silva gameplan.[/quote']

Sooooo true. He absolutely crapped his load and never did what Sonnen has been showing him. I said to the Mrs before it even started that it start with Round 1 with Okami being **** scared and going for the occasional punch. Then Silva will see that he's terrified then get all ****y the 2nd round to scare him even more. It was actually cringe worthy. I'm normally quite satisfied with most UFCs in all honesty, but that was just terrible and I'm sure many feel lied to. I'm no racist, but DAMN I got sick of all that bollocks after the fights..

This was by FAR the worst UFC i've ever seen. As predicted by every fan except the promoters' date=' Silva was left alone in the first round to start his dance routine and Okami fell for the mythical overconfidence and **** himself instead of being aggressive. Absolutely pathetic..

Half of the show was a portuguese lesson. Also, Danas fine with his dancing antics when it's making him tons of cash isn't he?

It's a good job that wasn't the first Fox show as they would have lost fans not made them.[/quote']

samuel_l_jackson.gif

I see waht you mean... but his best strategy would have surely been to attempt TD after TD untill he gets him down' date=' as it was only a matter of time before he got KO'd on the feet.[/quote']

how the **** is a tiny guy like okami going to drag down a guy like silva? the guy was fighting scared the moment he landed a few crisp shots to silva and couldnt even make him flinch, yet a jab just put him down like it did forrest

What??? Okami is way bigger than Anderson....

They claim he's a world class wrestler- his only chance of winning was this so he had to do it.

same height. same weight. silva has 6 inches advantage on reach, and huge stalky legs. okami is skinny and doesnt really have that much of a wrestlers build.

same height. same weight. silva has 6 inches advantage on reach' date=' and huge stalky legs. okami is skinny and doesnt really have that much of a wrestlers build.[/quote']

hahahahahaha you are joking right???

Anderson has twig legs and Okami is stacked- up there with the biggest 185 fighters...

I can't believe you're actually arguing this.

oh come on

okami looks tiny. look at when they are clinching. the guy looks scrawny for a middleweight. if he was really that much bigger then silva, how can he take a standing kick to the back of the head from a couple feet away so easilly?

you guys going to nitpick all the excuses to why okami failed? face it. you can try to argue with me and buy into all the hype crap about how much more bigger and stronger okami is then silva, or you can actually look at them in the fight, compare their size and actually see how noticibly longer silva is and how skinny okami's build actually compares to him.

jesus christ put the pipe down. to actually believe the crap that okami is the strongest middleweight out there is ridiculous. no offense but the guy had no chance at all of even being in this fight to begin with? hell i even made a thread about that weeks ago.

how is a scrawny guy like that going to take down a guy like silva? it might work against other smaller fighters that arent so dangerous but they only hype the fight up because he is the only guy in the division except bisping (lol) who anderson hasnt already mopped the floor with. i laugh my *** off when they are announcing okami as the strongest middleweight in the division and i laugh even harder when people say he outsizes silva.

oh good lord

this thread has gone to **** if it hasnt already

This thread went to crap after you and whoever else started actually trying to argue that Okami is tiny. Okami is a giant 185er, AS is a fairly natural 185er. Look at them during the pre-fight staredown. Okami's arms and back look like 2 of AS together. I'm not sure if you passed the kindergarten grade but just because 2 people are the same height doesn't mean they are the same size.

This thread went to crap after you and whoever else started actually trying to argue that Okami is tiny. Okami is a giant 185er' date=' AS is a fairly natural 185er. Look at them during the pre-fight staredown. Okami's arms and back look like 2 of AS together. I'm not sure if you passed the kindergarten grade but just because 2 people are the same height doesn't mean they are the same size.[/quote']

+1

Okami said he felt weak against Rich Franklin and that's why he started lifting weights to get stronger and add muscle.

Silva ragdolled Franklin.

Okami never stood a chance in this fight, he likes to counter, has pretty simple striking, average at best wrestling, and overhyped ground and pound.

This is called UFC hype machine.

Archived