who should rua fight next?

BART-O-LINI

Rampage is going to challenge Jones for the belt in a month. Evans is the number one contender. You have to think that Evans will fight Jones/rampage early 2012. The winner of that fight probably won't defend the belt until mid 2012. I would imagine Shogun will have to fight someone between now and then, who should it be? I don't really wanna see rua/machida 3 again right now, but those 2 look like the logical choice for top contenders for the belt. What do you guys think?

dunno man shogun vs machida 3 does look like the most logical im not too interested in that match up just now either i think shogun vs lil nog 2 would be a great match up but lil nogs coming off back to back loses so hes not really relevant in the title picture maybe shogun vs phil davis?

The problem with the Shogun win was that we didnt get to see enough to convince us that Shogun is 'back'. Another poor performance could be looming for the guys next fight, as per his inconsistant run for the past 3 years.

I really wanted to see Shogun pushed by Griffin and have to really war for the victory. I wanted to see his gas tank tested like it was against Machida in their first fight.

I am really struggling to think what could be next for Shogun to be honest. He is not going to wait to face the winner of Evans v Jones/Page, surely. I cant see UFC putting on Machida 3 just yet either. I keep thinking of Dana's comments about the Fox card in November, saying that no decision on the main event until after this card... Could he possibly be considering Hendo v Shogun?

If Rampage loses to Jones, i think Rampage v Shogun 2 is a fight both guys would be interested in and is very marketable for UFC.

I think Evans would win as well. I really wanna see bones/evans.

Me too, think Evans is the only man in the division i would be prepared to bet money on beating Jones currently. I would love to see Rampage beat Jones, but he is going to really have to pull something out of the bag to do that realistically...

Machida v Davis would be a great fight to test how Machida would do against a fighter with Jones's height/reach and strong wrestling base.

Other than that, i like the idea of Rampage v Shogun 2, Hendo v Shogun, or Rampage v Hendo - obviously on the assumption Rampage loses to Jones

Hendo vs Rua is the best possible matchup I can think of for a Fox Card in the whole world of MMA. Great chins, both has got great violent action filled highlight reels of fighting, Henderson an old American hero still going strong vs Rua?s violent onslaught. Henderson full of momentum from the fedor fight.

This one should be a nobrainer.

shogun v machida wouldnt make sense, machida has 2 losses and then a win over randy who was on his way out...shogun came back after a nasty loss and demolished forrest(i kinda felt bad but was cheering my *** off!!!)...shogun should get someone higher but unfortunatly theres not much to choose from....so machida/davis are the best options....

Archived