Rematch: Silva vs Sonnen

Docrok

Why isn't the UFC giving Chael Sonnen another chance to whoop Silvas *** and take the title from him this time? Yes or no' date=' do you want to see this fight happen soon?[/quote']

Your question already has an answer.

He tested positive with elevated testosterone levels after the fight. He also went through an embarassing scandal in the media after which he was cut for a short period of time.

Giving him another immediate title shot would be disrespectful.

Why isn't the UFC giving Chael Sonnen another chance to whoop Silvas *** and take the title from him this time? Yes or no' date=' do you want to see this fight happen soon?[/quote']

The only best fights left for AS is Sonnen and Cung Le.

Analysis of how Cung stacks up to AS:

Cung: 5'10", reach: 69", boxing: good footwork, good boxing skills( bob and

weaving skills, good counter punching, good offense with punches, excellent kicking

skills ( excellent spinning back kicks, excellent spinning back hook kicks, excellent

round and front kicks, excellent side kicks ), overall combination of kickboxing skills:

excellent. Muay Thai skills ( clinch techniques of MT clinch knee strikes and elbows ):

fair, Take down techniques ( great greco and free style wrestling ) and throws: excellent.

TDD: excellent. grappling: not seen yet.

With these skills, Le stacks up the best against AS.

if a.silva can beat chael with a injured rib, although silva is my fav fighter, i would not care to watch a healthy silva beat chael, again. give him new opponents, interesting fights to finish his career.

I want to see Anderson fight somebody where he's the underdog , he already beat Sonnen then went on to wreck 2 spectacular fighters in Okami and Vitor in a astonishing fashion. It's clear , he needs Georges St. Pierre if he doesn't want to move up or he needs to move up for a fight or two , not to take the title ( he's old , needs to retire ontop) but to have huge super fights.

Anderson vs Georges St. Pierre

Anderson vs Jon Bones Jones

Anderson vs Mauricio Shogun Rua

Anderson vs Suga Rashad Evans

Those have to be the biggest realistic fights he can have , Sonnen will probably get thrown in there because of his mouth though.

I wanna know who the 10 people who DON'T wanna see this is.

For reals... it was fight of the year.

I bet the people that don't want to see this are the people that don't want to see Anderso lose... bc Chael is the man to make him lose. They'd probably rather see Anderson go up against a one legged Canadian or a math teacher or something like that...

nah the guy is a cheat and the silva/sonnen fight should always be remembered as the most epic fail in ufc history. or at least one of them. he's gonna lay on stann for 3 rounds, bore everybody to death and dana will wake up and change his mind.

neither of these two deserve a shot. chael is a cheat, did everything he could possibly do to anderson in that fight and still lost. leave it at that. Brian Stann on the other hand? the only thing notible that he has ever done was get in a slugfest with chris leben. obviously fighting leben, its just going to be rock em sock em fight stupid until somebody drops. How the hell could this guy even compete with silva?? are you kidding me? the first shot he lands on silva will probably make him go down in history as the first fighter to be knocked out by a counter bitch slap. (i dont think its happened yet but who knows)

they must be running completely dry on competition if these two fighters are on the top of the list. Why else would sonnen get an instant title shot after losing his last fight, and then being suspended for cheating for almost a year, come back and beat some half assed fighter and then get rewarded with a title shot? who does he think he is? brock lesnar??

Archived