is the UFC scared of ANY Silva superfight?

rodrodMMA92

whether its GSP or whoever holds the LHW title is the UFC scared of making that sort of fight happen?

Silva is HEAVILY promoted as the best P4P so that would be a huge blow were he to lose either fight.

GSP is a HUGE name in MMA and it might damage that were he to lose to Anderson. I've gone around and asked random people who just got into MMA about what fighter they first knew and the majority have said GSP (others include Liddell, Wandy, Fedor)

whoever hold the title @ LHW will be hugely criticized for losing to a MW even if it is Anderson.

I just don't see the UFC being able to get anything out of this event in the long run.

The PPV would most likely be the highest drawing event but even then it wouldn't compete with something like Mayweather vs Pacman and that would be the ONLY fight on that card that I'd actually care for.

The fights that would have to be on the card on top of the super fight main event would have to be BIG fights. (another Title fight, a #1 contenders, big names etc)

whether its GSP or whoever holds the LHW title is the UFC scared of making that sort of fight happen?

Silva is HEAVILY promoted as the best P4P so that would be a huge blow were he to lose either fight.

GSP is a HUGE name in MMA and it might damage that were he to lose to Anderson. I've gone around and asked random people who just got into MMA about what fighter they first knew and the majority have said GSP (others include Liddell' date=' Wandy, Fedor)

whoever hold the title @ LHW will be hugely criticized for losing to a MW even if it is Anderson.[/quote']

The UFC don't want GSP to get smashed by Anderson.

I'm not really angry they'll never fight. If GSP was a true middleweight, then maybe I'd be mad.

GSP is a HUGE name in MMA and it might damage that were he to lose to Anderson. I've gone around and asked random people who just got into MMA about what fighter they first knew and the majority have said GSP (others include Liddell' date=' Wandy, Fedor)

whoever hold the title @ LHW will be hugely criticized for losing to a MW even if it is Anderson.[/quote']

With the gsp vs Anderson fight its kind of a lose lose situation for the ufc. One has to lose and the losers stock might drop. If gsp wins he has mentioned he would think about retirement and Anderson is getting up there in age and has made a bunch of money already.

put him in against gsp he would get smashed same if sonnen fights him again easy win for sonnen' date='. also why doesnt andersen fight jon jones jones would smash him easy andersen is 4th or 5th on my pound for pound list[/quote']

its hard to put him against gsp when gsp dosen`t want to fight :rolleyes:

jones just won the title, not even defend yet, and there is a line for tilte shots, its a hole diferent situation than silva vs gsp..

What is the biggest super fight in MMA history? Liddell vs Rampage 1 in Japan?

Safe Pierre vs Penn Il (UFC 94, Penn was LW champion n moved up to face GSP @ 170)

imo BJ shoulda won both fights cos:

1. IMO BJ won the first fight. (UFC 58)

2. GSP should have got DQ for the 2nd fight. (GSP couldnt even take BJ down in round 1 despite many attempts)

Anyway back to Anderson Silva vs Safe Pierre..

Anderson Silva = no1 P4P, GOAT

- Fights like he is in Matrix, ultra accurate n fast.

- Outstanding head movements, counter strike and great punch/elbow/kick/knee and submission skills.

Safe Pierre = most overrated in UFC

- Fights like a chicken/f-ag, ultra boring.

- Embarrassing standup, no submission skills or GNP, can't finish fights, super chicken, pro liar, shifty cheater.

Once gsp smashes the bum diaz lets see gsp smash andersen silva he is so overrated sonnen proved that gsp would take him down at will and beat him up.

The only thing Sonnen proved in that fight is that not even someone testing positive for PED's can beat Anderson Silva. GSP is the best at keeping his opponents at bay. It looks like he is dominating them but he is not. All he is doing is keeping them from getting the upper hand on him. He is not beating his opponents let alone smashing them.That is why he wins by decision most of his fights. Anderson wins because he wins. GSP wins because the judges declared him as the winner.

losing ruins the fighters stock

I want to address this because a few people do believe that losing ruins a fighters stock. You would think so, right? But, that's not always the case. The fans want to see fighters fight their heart out and leave it all on the table. In fact, I would think ANYONE would prefer that mentality and that course of action in ANY part of life. Fans want to see EPIC fights. Something that will be memorable, long lasting.

One other poster brought up that a fight between GSP and Anderson Silva would be overshadowed by Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. My opinion on that is, who cares? As fighting fans, no correct that... as SPORTS fans, we want to see the best fight against the best. Fans would want to see both fights and, I specifically, don't even like watching boxing.

There will always be haters, no matter what. But, taking that aside, the true fans of MMA and sports in general want to see two people at the top of their game go up against one another. Both are very classy individuals and the only thing stopping the fight from happening is FEAR. It is absolutely 100% ironic that GSP vs. Silva has the same issue as Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Jr. Both GSP and Mayweather Jr. have the EXACT same issue when it comes to being AFRAID to lose.

GSP has admitted to fighting with fear and embracing it. He has taken it too far and it is hazardous to his legacy, in my opinion. He should be way more confident in himself and his abilities because it would be a tremendous fight with him going against Anderson Silva.

May the best fighter win, with honor and respect.

Though we may all want to see superfights, it's too much of a risk for the fighters involved. They would not only lose stock, but would be questioned about how legit they really are.

Ex. Anderson Silva vs GSP

If Anderson wins:

Oh, GSP was never that good anyways.

Anderson got lucky with that punch.

GSP didn't come prepared.

GSP is a WW anyway.

If GSP wins:

Anderson was never that good anyway.

LMAO! ANDERSON LOST TO A WW. LMAO

GSP won by boring decision. I am not impressed.

GSP got lucky Anderson was hurt.

If they fought again, GSP would not win.

The list goes on.

Whether you guys like it or not, for GSP to take a fight against Silva, he has to be at his absolute best. Can you blame him for wanting to take his time to prepare himself to fight against the best fighter alive? He would be at a disadvantage already by going up a weight class. Why add any more unnecessary disadvantages by not being prepared as best as he could possibly be?

The same can be said for Silva. He can't just go up and fight Jon Jones. He has to prepare himself for it, and at this stage in his career, it may already be too late considering how old he is.

People need to understand, if this fight happens and if it does, when GSP loses, it will be expected and his value would barely change, unless he gets massacred. There's little risk and big reward for GSP. All the risk is on Anderson's shoulders because he is heavily favoured and champion of a higher division.

No.

Superfights = $$$$$

The UFC isnt scared.

There biggest ''cash cow'' Brock lesnar..... instead of giving easy fights, he went straight into the mix. 1 - 0 mma record. Debut UFC fight against former champ Frank Mir...

Silva prolly got another 1 - 2 more fights at MW. GSP gotta get past Diaz.... When its the right time. we will see super fights with Silva.

Though we may all want to see superfights' date=' it's too much of a risk for the fighters involved. They would not only lose stock, but would be questioned about how legit they really are.

Ex. Anderson Silva vs GSP

If Anderson wins:

Oh, GSP was never that good anyways.

Anderson got lucky with that punch.

GSP didn't come prepared.

GSP is a WW anyway.

If GSP wins:

Anderson was never that good anyway.

LMAO! ANDERSON LOST TO A WW. LMAO

GSP won by boring decision. I am not impressed.

GSP got lucky Anderson was hurt.

If they fought again, GSP would not win.

The list goes on.

Whether you guys like it or not, for GSP to take a fight against Silva, he has to be at his absolute best. Can you blame him for wanting to take his time to prepare himself to fight against the best fighter alive? He would be at a disadvantage already by going up a weight class. Why add any more unnecessary disadvantages by not being prepared as best as he could possibly be?

The same can be said for Silva. He can't just go up and fight Jon Jones. He has to prepare himself for it, and at this stage in his career, it may already be too late considering how old he is.[/quote']

The list you just came up with for GSP or Anderson Silva is something haters would say, not MMA fans. Haters will always hate, as I mentioned. It doesn't ACTUALLY take away from either fighter's accomplishments.

There won't be any risk for Anderson.. how can Safe Pierre beat Anderson Silva??

GSP by KO or TKO = ~0.00000000000001% chance :D

GSP by submission = ~0.0000000000001% chance :D

GSP by decision = ~0.001% chance

However Anderson can finish Safe Pierre with punch, kick, elbow, knee, sub, etc.

Thats why Anderson wants to fight Safe Pierre... and Safe Pierre is ducking hardcore.. :mad:

The list you just came up with for GSP or Anderson Silva is something haters would say' date=' not MMA fans. Haters will always hate, as I mentioned. It doesn't ACTUALLY take away from either fighter's accomplishments.[/quote']

You're right. No matter who won between those two guys, I'd still say they are the two best fighters in MMA. . . ever!

Though you know as well as I know that there are far more haters than there are actual MMA fans.

No.

Superfights = $$$$$

The UFC isnt scared.

There biggest ''cash cow'' Brock lesnar..... instead of giving easy fights' date=' he went straight into the mix. 1 - 0 mma record. Debut UFC fight against former champ Frank Mir...

Silva prolly got another 1 - 2 more fights at MW. GSP gotta get past Diaz.... When its the right time. we will see super fights with Silva.[/quote']

They were scared when they first brought in Wanderlai and Cro Cop, but after they both lost, they changed their minds. Didn't Brock debut vs Heath Herring?

You're right. No matter who won between those two guys' date=' I'd still say they are the two best fighters in MMA. . . ever!

Though you know as well as I know that there are far more haters than there are actual MMA fans.[/quote']

Exactly, these are two extremely good MMA fighters that are in a whole different level then 99% of the MMA fighters out there. And people say they don't want to see them fight? Even at the catchweight that Ed Soares mentioned would be a great fight to see.

There's haters in every single aspect of life and the internet makes hating so easily since it's completely impersonal to communicate consistently on the forums. I don't think that should be a deterrent towards establishing something that has been well known for the past few years how GSP and Anderson Silva are amongst the upper echelon of the best MMA fighters in the world.

If GSP loses to Silva, it won't hurt him.

If Silva loses it might hurt him though but they are both great fighters.

This fight is the only one that I want to see GSP fight. What a ratings bonanza it would be.

Archived