If Chael was in Yushin's corner...

GarlandPatriot

Lets see........

Okami did the OPPOSITE of what chael told him to do. And the only way to beat Anderson is to go directly at him from bell to bell, round to round. I was disgraced with Okami and i will NEVER pick him again, simply because he can't even listen to the gameplan.

Horrid performance. that was the bum performance of the night. What a **** fight.

Lets see........

Okami did the OPPOSITE of what chael told him to do. And the only way to beat Anderson is to go directly at him from bell to bell' date=' round to round. I was disgraced with Okami and i will NEVER pick him again, simply because he can't even listen to the gameplan.

Horrid performance. that was the bum performance of the night. What a **** fight.[/quote']

Your a ****ing retard.

Who Else Agrees with me?

No, he points out what Okami did wrong. Round 1 Okami mostly did what he should have to beat Silva. The kick at the end of the round scared Okami into keeping back, which is exactly where Silva is best, poking at range and waiting to counterpunch the charging attack.

No' date=' he points out what Okami did wrong. Round 1 Okami mostly did what he should have to beat Silva. The kick at the end of the round scared Okami into keeping back, which is exactly where Silva is best, poking at range and waiting to counterpunch the charging attack.[/quote']

Not really, in round 1 Silva hurt Okami with knees from the clinch. You could see Okami drop his arms to cover his body after a couple of knees. I gave round 1 to Silva even before the head kick.

Okami must have known Silva hits harder than he does, so standing around jabbing was never going to work. His wrestling might be good enough for most MW but to get near Silva you have to eat some strikes and Okami just wasn't good enough.

Not really' date=' in round 1 Silva hurt Okami with knees from the clinch. You could see Okami drop his arms to cover his body after a couple of knees. I gave round 1 to Silva even before the head kick.

Okami must have known Silva hits harder than he does, so standing around jabbing was never going to work. His wrestling might be good enough for most MW but to get near Silva you have to eat some strikes and Okami just wasn't good enough.[/quote']

I said mostly. As in Okami generally had the right strategy. Silva did land a few knees, but Okami did get him up against the cage, pressured, and was trying to get Silva down. That's what he should have done. He pretty much totally abandoned that in Round 2.

Not really' date=' in round 1 Silva hurt Okami with knees from the clinch. You could see Okami drop his arms to cover his body after a couple of knees. I gave round 1 to Silva even before the head kick.

Okami must have known Silva hits harder than he does, so standing around jabbing was never going to work. His wrestling might be good enough for most MW but to get near Silva you have to eat some strikes and Okami just wasn't good enough.[/quote']

Okami clinches to get the takedowns , if your strategy is to get Anderson down you need to have a good shot. He didn't go into the fight with the mindset " all or nothing " you could tell.

I said mostly. As in Okami generally had the right strategy. Silva did land a few knees' date=' but Okami did get him up against the cage, pressured, and was trying to get Silva down. That's what he should have done. He pretty much totally abandoned that in Round 2.[/quote']

It's hard to put pressure on Silva when you're hurt, and Okami was clearly hurting after round 1. I dunno, we saw a bad Okami but I'm not taking anything away from Silva. If you put their records up against each other then a Silva TKO win should be no big surprise.

If Silva fights Sonnen again I predict a TKO win for Silva inside three rounds. That's if Silva is healthy and Chael doesn't juice up.

Archived