Is "Pound For Pound #1" really important?

PRIDEneverDIED

I put this in the UFC section because people tend to label the UFC fighters as the top P4P. but the question at hand is do we really care who the best is? I personally do not care about who is pound for pound i watch fights to be entertained and further my knowledge of the sport. P4P is also a subjective and people often disagree on who the #1 truly is. So i ask, is P4P really that important to you or would you be happy just watching action packed entertaining fights without everyone shouting about who is the best.

I put this in the UFC section because people tend to label the UFC fighters as the top P4P. but the question at hand is do we really care who the best is? I personally do not care about who is pound for pound i watch fights to be entertained and further my knowledge of the sport. P4P is also a subjective and people often disagree on who the #1 truly is. So i ask' date=' is P4P really that important to you or would you be happy just watching action packed entertaining fights without everyone shouting about who is the best.[/quote']

lots of people do i guess, and labeling Silva the best is most accurate

It is all speculation and personal opinion.

It is a mythical title, but being considered a P4P top fighter by the majority of people is just really a bragging point, for the fighters and some of their fans.

It can also cause some debate which is good if it is not taken too seriously lol.

lots of people do i guess' date=' and labeling Silva the best is most accurate[/quote']

i do agree that many people do care but whats more important to the fans in general entertainment or knowing who is the best. for example could we have a fight card that had 5 fights with 10 of the top p4p fighters that were all "boring decisions" and people would still complain at the end of the day even though were watching "the best" we may not be satisfied.

i do agree that many people do care but whats more important to the fans in general entertainment or knowing who is the best. for example could we have a fight card that had 5 fights with 10 of the top p4p fighters that were all "boring decisions" and people would still complain at the end of the day even though were watching "the best" we may not be satisfied.

luckily "the best" usually put on great fights, minus GSP of course.

Silva, BJ, Cain, JDS, Aldo, etc. Most of these guys put on exciting fights while being called some of the best in the world. When it comes to "p4p#1 best".....we should be glad it is Anderson Silva, because he backs it up with amazing showings of skill time after time, against very dangerous contenders.

Archived