Solve the Silva Puzzle

DoomPatrol

What would you do if you were against Anderson Silva in a cage? (and had the body and skills of a contender of course :rolleyes:)

Let?s look at different situations you might face inside the octagon:

1) The fight starts. Silva measures you but doesn?t engage much. Waves his hands and watches you react.

2) He drops his hands and waits for you to try to punch his head.

3) He lowers his stance really low and taunts you.

4) He kicks your legs, usually with low sidekicks.

5) He puts you in a thai clinch.

6) You want to take him down.

Let?s have a nice clean conversation.

Legsweep in clinch, into a halfguard position. The position is very stable and you'll have less change to get submitted then in openguard position.

Edit: Jones' striking is far from perfect. It's very inaccurate, it's only flashy. Silva, who is also a great counter-striker, can easily expose Jones's spinning elbows and kicks. Imo, Jones acts like a TKD white belt. White-belts usually want to learn as much moves as possible while their technique isn't really developing. I believe it's the same case for Jones. He is primairly a wrestler, not a striker. Too bad I see people actually believing he'll will KO Silva on the feet...

Sonnen showed everybody what to do. Okami didn't follow the blueprint Sonnen gave him.

So the blueprint is using TRT and have higher level testosterone aka cheating, gotcha. Damn that Okami for not following through with Chael Sonnen's masterful blueprint listed above!

Ok, I?ll give my own suggestions:

1) Go for it. Don?t give him any time or space. If you?re masochistic, taunt him endlessly and stay far away and look to counter.

2) When he drops his hands he is waiting for you to hit him in the face. Don?t. Kick him in the legs or go for a single leg. The kick is safer. Just don?t do what he expects.

3) Kick the legs again. Circle to make him move before he can counter.

4) Close the distance. Maybe a double flying kick to prevent counters (like Pearson did).

5) circle or drop for a td.

6) Chaaarge!

Also, you have to be fearless and always move and faint when not going for the td.

The key factor is to fight Silva. Do or do not, there is no try. Engage from the beginning, don't let him feel you out. Don't get beat before you even enter the octagon like all these other tards are doing. When he's standing there with his hands down taunting you throw a front kick like him, immediately bob and weave afterward. Think outside the box.

All these fighters just stand there and look at him.

The key factor is to fight Silva. Do or do not' date=' there is no try[/b']. Engage from the beginning, don't let him feel you out. Don't get beat before you even enter the octagon like all these other tards are doing. When he's standing there with his hands down taunting you throw a front kick like him, immediately bob and weave afterward. Think outside the box.

All these fighters just stand there and look at him.

Nice. Some Yoda is always good.

The key factor is to fight Silva. Do or do not' date=' there is no try. Engage from the beginning, don't let him feel you out. Don't get beat before you even enter the octagon like all these other tards are doing. When he's standing there with his hands down taunting you throw a front kick like him, immediately bob and weave afterward. Think outside the box.

All these fighters just stand there and look at him.[/quote']

I don't think a front kick is the best way to go against Anderson Silva. He'll either 1. dodge it because the dude seems like he is from the Matrix, or 2. Catch it and knock you out.

1) The fight starts. Silva measures you but doesn?t engage much. Waves his hands and watches you react.

Answer: Don't react to his fients, use your own fients and footwork to keep distance and use broken rhythem so he can't time your movements so easily.

Answer: Fient the shoot then attack the head then go back to the shoot. When i say shoot i mean a high shot to clinch. Low singles and double legs are a mistake against Silva.

Answer: Just back away and let him waste energy or fient to get a reaction. A kick to the head is also not a bad idea but you have to be careful to keep your center of gravity low.

4) He kicks your legs, usually with low sidekicks.

Answer: Lift your leg and try to redirect the kick. Try to anticipate the next one to make him miss and counter deep immediately when his balance is off.

Answer: Stay close with an erect posture and swim( pummel ) for the inside control.

Answer: Stay on the outside and look for angles. Make him come to you then appear to counter attack and when he commits to counter your counter you shoot for a over&under or double under bodylock and get under his center of gravity. Then you try to trip/lift him for the takedown.

While this doesn't solve the puzzle they are some technical answers on what to do but they're also easier said then done.

Mark-Munoz-9682-Edit.jpg

Problem solved. Munoz is Chael Sonnen with KO power. Andy's worst nightmare. When the boogeyman goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Chuck Norris. When Chuck Norris goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Anderson Silva. When Anderson Silva goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Mark Munoz. True story.

Mark-Munoz-9682-Edit.jpg

Problem solved. Munoz is Chael Sonnen with KO power. Andy's worst nightmare. When the boogeyman goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Chuck Norris. When Chuck Norris goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Anderson Silva. When Anderson Silva goes to sleep he checks under the bed for Mark Munoz. True story.

Munoz is a teamate or he was. Mark would get KO'ed in under a minute. He has even less chance than Okami.

I would take Sonnen's advice and actually stay in his face and fight him not just stay on the outside and admire his dance moves. If you have speed and a good chin then you should charge him and just start swinging. It worked for Chael in his fight and it worked for Maia in the last round of there fight. He will be unable to dodge all the punches and if you throw enough and throw them fast then you will hit him. If you are in close and fast then he wont be able to Leben you. this game plan would have suited Vitor. The 2 problems i see with this tactic is that Andy could put you in a clinch and then its game over. Or he could do what most people do when the are pressured by someone swinging for the fences and that is to swing for the fences back, and with Andy's chin,speed and power then you will probably get ko'd.

or you could learn to wrestle.

Munoz is a teamate or he was. Mark would get KO'ed in under a minute. He has even less chance than Okami.

I think he'd have a chance if he fought smart. Rush Andy immediately and push him against the cage. Use the Greco-Roman clinch to land some elbows to the face and some knees to the thighs a la Randy Couture. After a minute or so of this, go for the takedown. Rain down short punches and elbows, never giving Silva enough space to go for a sub. Repeat in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. By the end of the third 3rd round, Munoz will have broken the will of Silva. 4th round starts the same, but this time after Munoz takes him down he'll posture up and start throwing bombs. TKO in the middle of the 4th.

I think he'd have a chance if he fought smart. Rush Andy immediately and push him against the cage. Use the Greco-Roman clinch to land some elbows to the face and some knees to the thighs a la Randy Couture. After a minute or so of this' date=' go for the takedown. Rain down short punches and elbows, never giving Silva enough space to go for a sub. Repeat in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. By the end of the third 3rd round, Munoz will have broken the will of Silva. 4th round starts the same, but this time after Munoz takes him down he'll posture up and start throwing bombs. TKO in the middle of the 4th.[/quote']

This sounds like the Chael fight all over just change the bomb to love taps and add a large dose of fail at the end and you would still get the same result

This sounds like the Chael fight all over just change the bomb to love taps and add a large dose of fail at the end and you would still get the same result

That's the whole point. Munoz has the power to finish Silva even from his guard. Sonnen didn't. I'm not saying he would definitely win. That would be crazy, but I think he has a better chance than any other MW.

I think he'd have a chance if he fought smart. Rush Andy immediately and push him against the cage. Use the Greco-Roman clinch to land some elbows to the face and some knees to the thighs a la Randy Couture. After a minute or so of this' date=' go for the takedown. Rain down short punches and elbows, never giving Silva enough space to go for a sub. Repeat in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. By the end of the third 3rd round, Munoz will have broken the will of Silva. 4th round starts the same, but this time after Munoz takes him down he'll posture up and start throwing bombs. TKO in the middle of the 4th.[/quote']

1. He's short and has no reach to setup his takedowns and he often goes for singles, and doubles which Silva will stuff or meet with a knee to the face.

2. They have trained together so Andy needs no feeling out period which will lead to the fight being terminated in the first two minutes at most.

3. Andy has good defense on the ground and his reach will allow him to control Munoz and not allow him to posture and rain bombs.

The only chance Munez has is to bum rush him in the first 30 secs, hope he gets a takedown and rocks him with GnP early on. If he has to repeat takedowns round after round he'll get shut down eventually and get shut off from strikes.

i think the only way to beat silva is by wrestling or just pushing the pace and be really aggresive and catch him on the chin , everyone he fights is not aggresive, so for me if i had to fight him id just rush walk forward and throw straigh bombs and one would land hed go down then hed be done

That's the whole point. Munoz has the power to finish Silva even from his guard. Sonnen didn't. I'm not saying he would definitely win. That would be crazy' date=' but I think he has a better chance than any other MW.[/quote']

Munoz got out stuck by Maia :P. Silva would destroy that guy.

Doubt they would fight though..... being lovers and all.

What would you do if you were against Anderson Silva in a cage? (and had the body and skills of a contender of course :rolleyes:)

Let?s look at different situations you might face inside the octagon:

4) He kicks your legs' date=' usually with low sidekicks.

Let?s have a nice clean conversation.[/quote']

SCISSOR HEEL HOOK!...

on a serious note: a perfect fight against silva would be extremely boring to the casual fan. (true mma fan would notice what is going on)... you have to be very very patient, a counter - striker like him (evans, machida)...would need to use evans patient against chuck -wait for an opening, while moving at angles like machida...while waiting for the opening, kill the legs ala aldo..until you feel you can shoot for a takedown and they will give out...once on ground, side guard, elbows/knees to thighs and core relentlessly...silva hardly gives his back, depending how far fight has gone to (prob 3-4 rounds)..wait until he does, don't go for the sub, body lock, and start swinging for the fences.....

good question..lol

Edit: Jones' striking is far from perfect. It's very inaccurate' date=' it's only flashy. Silva, who is also a great counter-striker, can easily expose Jones's spinning elbows and kicks. Imo, Jones acts like a TKD white belt. White-belts usually want to learn as much moves as possible while their technique isn't really developing. I believe it's the same case for Jones. He is primairly a wrestler, not a striker. Too bad I see people actually believing he'll will KO Silva on the feet...[/quote']

PLUS 1!!!!

if I was fighting Silva, as soon as he would put his hands down, I would step back, yell at him to "suck my ****" then spit at him... I'm guessing this would change his attitude and make him crazy violent, which I would exploit by countering his punches with takedowns... and while playing my best LnP card, I would whisper in his ear about how I'm going to man love him all over TV and because of that, the Nogs won't roll with him anymore...

so in a nutshell, I would go Nick Diaz on his *** when there is time and then use his anger to grind out a UD on the ground...

Archived