Dana White's GSP vs Silva Nonsense

Superbeast28

At the post fight press conference Dana again hinted that somewhere in the near future a GSP vs Silva match seemed likely. Nobody asked him about this fight but dana just wanted to mention it to hype up people's expectations. I am so tired of Dana's **** about this matchup because its unlikely to happen because of all the contenders Dana himself keeps putting up against them. Silva probably going to fight Chael next GSP fighting nick diaz and dana still talking about this thing fans wanted ages ago....

GSP vs Penn 3

GSP vs Fitch 2

GSP vs Condit

Silva vs Sonnen 2

Silva vs Bisping

Silva vs Hendo 2

As much as you may groan, the PPV #s will be better than some of the non title fight ppv events they put out.

Or they could put their top 2 fighters and have 1 lose much of their credibility.

this fight will never happen. And if it does, it will be too late like many of the so called 'Super Fights' the UFC puts forth.

GSP vs Penn 3

GSP vs Fitch 2

GSP vs Condit

Silva vs Sonnen 2

Silva vs Bisping

Silva vs Hendo 2

As much as you may groan' date=' the PPV #s will be better than some of the non title fight ppv events they put out.

Or they could put their top 2 fighters and have 1 lose much of their credibility.

this fight will never happen. [b']And if it does, it will be too late like many of the so called 'Super Fights' the UFC puts forth[/b].

Yeah anderson or GSP might lose and there goes the superfight.

Yeah anderson or GSP might lose and there goes the superfight.

"Might" lose. Only person who can give Silva trouble is Sonnen. GSP dominated all his opponents. No real challenge yet. Most of the challenges comes from himself like alves and shields fight he got injuries. They need to do this fight already! the fans wanted gsp vs diaz, now do Silva vs St-Pierre!!

GSP vs Penn 3

GSP vs Fitch 2

GSP vs Condit

Silva vs Sonnen 2

Silva vs Bisping

Silva vs Hendo 2

As much as you may groan' date=' the PPV #s will be better than some of the non title fight ppv events they put out.

this fight will never happen. And if it does, it will be too late like many of the so called 'Super Fights' the UFC puts forth.[/quote']

gsp vs condit? boring as hell and condit is overrated. he fights much weaker opponents then gsp and would be in over his head. especially on the ground.

gsp vs penn? he's 2/2 against penn, and would probably go 99 for 100 with BJ making excuses or steroid allegations every time. Whats the point? BJ hasn't even changed his style at all. This is how Matt Hughes is slowly falling to the bottom.

gsp vs fitch 2 - for the love of god no.

silva vs fail sonnen - beat some contenders without your steroids chump. then talk your ****

silva vs hendo 2 - come on the guy is getting close to randy's age. and he is on a winning streak. Cut this man a break! He gets no easy fights anymore.

silva vs bisping - hell yeah. make this happen just so i can watch bispings face get smashed in the second he tries to land a punch.

meh. none of those fights are really that interesting to me. i would rather see them fight each other. I mean gsp vs diaz will probably turn into a war one way or another, but silva vs okami was way too predictable. Most people didn't even buy into the hype and written off okami long before the fight.

Give silva a fierce opponent, preferably a LHW who will knock him on his *** and smash him out. Jon Jones is a perfect candidate. Shogun wouldnt be afraid to stand and exchange, hell even Rashad Evans 2.0. Wanderlei Silva would go balls to the wall but would probably get KO'ed in traditional fashion, but at least it would be exciting. They would all be more interesting then lets say Silva vs Maia/Leites/Cote/Okami/Irvin. At least on paper

Give these guys some opponents that would actually be able to beat them. Im just tired of seeing these mismatches.

At the post fight press conference Dana again hinted that somewhere in the near future a GSP vs Silva match seemed likely. Nobody asked him about this fight but dana just wanted to mention it to hype up people's expectations. I am so tired of Dana's **** about this matchup because its unlikely to happen because of all the contenders Dana himself keeps putting up against them. Silva probably going to fight Chael next GSP fighting nick diaz and dana still talking about this thing fans wanted ages ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbW8boF5eSE

They have done EVERYTHING to make this fight possible, Dana said it would happen after Silva beat Vitor and GSP beats Shields, but GSP declined, Joe Rogan put GSP on the spot twice asking him if he is going to move up, the first time he ducked the question, the second time he said it would be a total reorientation of his career.

GSP just aint going to do it

They have done EVERYTHING to make this fight possible' date=' Dana said it would happen after Silva beat Vitor and GSP beats Shields, but GSP declined, Joe Rogan put GSP on the spot twice asking him if he is going to move up, the first time he ducked the question, the second time he said it would be a total reorientation of his career.

GSP just aint going to do it[/quote']

This. Dana and the Fertitas could offer everything in their bank accounts for GSP but the **** would still decline..

They have done EVERYTHING to make this fight possible' date=' Dana said it would happen after Silva beat Vitor and GSP beats Shields, but GSP declined, Joe Rogan put GSP on the spot twice asking him if he is going to move up, the first time he ducked the question, the second time he said it would be a total reorientation of his career.

Proof for you GSP fanboys

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23354/anderson-silva-ufc-superfight-with-georges-st-pierre-must-happen-someday.mma

http://lowkick.blitzcorner.com/UFC/Anderson-Silva-wants-to-fight-Georges-St-Pierre-says-he-is-the-best-in-the-World-12473

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/06/anderson-silva-on-fighting-gsp-it-will-be-fun/

You don't see it happening because GSP has so many fighters in his future. But I see the possibility because Silva has been fighting complete cans. Even the newbie MMA fans will catch up to the facts and then realize that it's not only an option for GSP (the best) to gain weight and avoid tons of talent. But it is also an option for Silva to cut weight (because he has fought at WW) and actually fight some talent. Silva is sold just like Fedor and Kimbo. The facts always catch up to them.

This^^^ 100%

Is it even possible for this fight to take place? GSP said he has to put on the size naturally and train properly so that his body is used to it without doing damage, such as loose speed and agility and stamina I guess. He said ages ago it will take him about a yr to prepair for, that means he would be out of action for a long long time. That would mean while GSP is gone Silva would have to fight others and he better hope he doesnt get beaten to kill the hype, and even then GSP would need a few tune up fights to see how he is in his new weight class and then he would have to make sure he doesnt get beat. Too me it doesnt really sound like both fighters are keen for this to happen and if it does I just see Silva blitzing GSP with ease. The fight wont live to its hype. I say its better for Silva to take on the LHW its stacked and he has a load of competition in their after a Chael rematch naturally.

Archived